Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Enjoying the new season so far, although a bit lukewarm on most of the rewards. I like how they've integrated the temporary mission thing (forget what they're called) that a lot of other games have, I think that'll help make it feel a little less grindy and repetitive. Only had time for a few games but close to gettin' that shark.

The antigrav sections are fun, mostly like the new skins I've seen so far, and new versions of the music also good.

Have an online games session with some mates overseas set for Easter weekend, hopefully get to try out squads mode then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I'll be trying out the new season of Fall Guys on stream for the rest of the night.

http://www.twitch.tv/rodshaftmd

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I've come to embrace squads despite it still disconnecting 1 out of 3 tries

I hate slam dunk though

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I'm streaming Fall Guys. Testing the new playlist and squads later(if my squad wakes up anytime soon).

I also hate basket fall. If anyone wants to play I am more than happy to add more friends on steam.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Fall Guys apparently went PS4/PC crossover live with this latest patch....and also released their source code with it, in the aptly named folder BackUpThisFolder_ButDontShipItWithYourGame

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I played this a bit for the first time in months, and I'm left with the same impression that I had when I last played. This game desperately needs an editor. Not a level editor, where people can create and share their own maps (although that would be amazing), but an actual editor, like someone to go through and remove boring levels/variants while smoking a cigar and barking orders at scared underlings. Vanilla Perfect Match was boring last August, and it's even more boring now, and it certainly isn't the only dog of an episode. Addition through subtraction.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
They also need vastly improved netcode or to remove games/levels that rely heavily on positional agreement. On PS4 about every other hoopsie daisy or the castle map with the blocks just doesn't work right, sometimes including the blocks starting to randomly bounce.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Wall guys is a top tier game. mixing platforming challenges with betrayal mechanics was brilliant. It'd be great if they fixed it.

Both new games are real good too

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Harold Fjord posted:

Wall guys is a top tier game. mixing platforming challenges with betrayal mechanics was brilliant. It'd be great if they fixed it.

Both new games are real good too

Yeah, Wall Guys and Tip Toe are my two absolute favourites.

Slimescraper is brutal - think it's gonna be like Slime Climb where it's one I lose at a lot and love to hate. I'll take that over the really boring ones I win more often though.

cerebral posted:

I played this a bit for the first time in months, and I'm left with the same impression that I had when I last played. This game desperately needs an editor. Not a level editor, where people can create and share their own maps (although that would be amazing), but an actual editor, like someone to go through and remove boring levels/variants while smoking a cigar and barking orders at scared underlings. Vanilla Perfect Match was boring last August, and it's even more boring now, and it certainly isn't the only dog of an episode. Addition through subtraction.

I think letting players set up a playlist (or at least a blacklist) that the algorithm would take into account when putting them into a game would be great. I'd be happy to spend another 60 seconds scrolling on my phone in the lobby if it meant I had a near 0% chance of having to play Hoopsie Daisy.

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 14, 2021

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

The new levels are solid, yeah. The first few times I played slimescraper, I thought it was a much harder slime climb. But until it gets some nastier variations, now that I'm used to it, slime climb is still king IMO. Also, no matter what my team's result is on slimescraper, it always says there's a tie and no team gets eliminated. I dunno, I find that very hard to believe.

In terms of games I'd get rid of because of network/hitbox issues (PS4/5 here), every tail grab game needs to go. Very tired of having to be point-blank for my grabs where half the other people grab me from several feet away. I actually never have issues w/ the hoopsie games, though, and rather like them. But for games that just aren't fun for me... every survive-until-the-timer-runs-out game, with the sole exception of jump club because that one you actually need to be more and more active as the game goes.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the new "roll out" inspired race level is great. it would feel wacky and dynamic even if you were running through it alone

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Wowsers this game got super janky since I last played it. Moreso, I mean. Also massive updates that I was too impatient to wait for the previous two attempts!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
game is definitely more janky since they added PC/PS4 crossover, but I like the new levels a lot. squads feels like a mixed bag though, you always wind up with some absolute dipshit wearing the red alien costume who's stuck at the beginning.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I'm convinced that red alien costume is cursed, it's the only costume where literally everyone I've seen wearing it has been really bad.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Mason Dixon posted:

I'm convinced that red alien costume is cursed, it's the only costume where literally everyone I've seen wearing it has been really bad.

I think it's because you earn it really early on in the current season, so for new players it's going to be one of the first costumes they get access to.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I can't say I'm a fan of the new Slimescraper map. I've never seen more than six people qualify from it at a time, which means the show instantly goes to the final round. I like to savour a show a bit more than that. :(

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
That's just cuz it's difficult and a new eventually people will get good enough at it. Like fans

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

After weeks of failure, I finally completed hoverboard heroes for the first time yesterday (getting it so infrequently that I couldn't get good practice in didn't help).

I have yet to complete slimescraper, but yeah that will be generally solvable for most folks soon.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Minor celebrity Paul Scheer is going to be playing Fall Guys tonight on his Twitch if you want to join in. He'll be starting at 8pm Eastern, 5pm Pacific.

I'll be there too. As a goose. Honk.

https://twitch.tv/friendzone

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Season 5 tomorrow guyss

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Annabel Pee posted:

Season 5 tomorrow guyss

Aw poo, I kinda forgot about Fall Guys and didn't manage level 40 for this one. Ah well. I did enjoy this one reasonably well.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I guess the thread is dead, I think most people have fell off the game. Yeah I love the aesthetic of the new season, reminds me of a kids playing area, the new aztec style final level is great.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I enjoyed it last year but I think getting a new gaming laptop is what stole away my interest in the end!

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I've actually been playing a fair amount, but I agree this thread hasn't been seeing much activity. Haven't had a chance to try the new season yet.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Annabel Pee posted:

I guess the thread is dead, I think most people have fell off the game. Yeah I love the aesthetic of the new season, reminds me of a kids playing area, the new aztec style final level is great.

i feel like i have seen so many people who are fixated upon declaring this game or discussions about it "dead" and i really don't understand it. the fact that it didn't become the #1 video game forever and ever amen doesn't mean people aren't still playing it :psyduck:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
There's not much to talk about between map releases.

More games like wall guys or the 1v1s.

I'm sad I have yet to play an all 1v1s tourney. I wonder if that was a show I missed

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

yeah, i play a bit here and there but i don't usually have a ton of things i feel like i really need to discuss with other people. i might play more or have more to talk about if they added new progression systems or more modes or something, but i also don't feel like the game needs anything like that for me to keep enjoying it

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Going to give this one another go. We're back in lockdown in Aus so I'll try to recreate that 2020 feel.

Have they added a mode to avoid team games by any chance? They were my least favourite part by far.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i dunno how long it's been since you played, but team games are a lot less prevalent than they were at launch

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Nowher posted:

Going to give this one another go. We're back in lockdown in Aus so I'll try to recreate that 2020 feel.

Have they added a mode to avoid team games by any chance? They were my least favourite part by far.

Kinda? I don't know for sure, but it seems like you can't get any team games in the new squad duos mode they added with this season.

Though, I'm the opposite, I have the most fun w/ this game when I'm doing team games with a full squad, and I wish every squad finals was either Fall Ball or Basketfall. Most race stages are also either very fun or at least fine.

I'd rather get rid of every old Survivor-type stage, those are easily the least fun for me. Two of the finals (Hex and Jump) being the only exceptions. The new survival stage in this season is actually ok.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I'll be playing the new season on stream in a couple hours if you guys want to check it out. (I'm playing some crappy Fast and Furious game until then)

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Game is still good and fun. Definitely a lot harder than I remember... these new aztec maps don't gently caress around.

Nowher fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 21, 2021

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I am somehow really bad at the rhino level and die every time :mad:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I am somehow really bad at the rhino level and die every time :mad:

I just bounce out a bunch. It seems to work.

Anyway I'm streaming fall guys again.

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
Hello, dead thread. I'm falling back into this game and am very much enjoying all the new map variety. I am slightly tiring of idle randos in 2-4 squads, so if anyone is still playing, feel free to add me on Steam (mostly play weekends from time to time), friend code 9747443 . I'm super casual about it, down to hang on Discord too.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Banzai 3 posted:

Hello, dead thread. I'm falling back into this game and am very much enjoying all the new map variety. I am slightly tiring of idle randos in 2-4 squads, so if anyone is still playing, feel free to add me on Steam (mostly play weekends from time to time), friend code 9747443 . I'm super casual about it, down to hang on Discord too.

Here's my discord. It's not goon exclusive, but until like a week ago we played fall guys almost every night. My son got me into Fortnite and now we're addicted to that but we post when and what we're playing and do a LOT of watch parties.

https://discord.gg/fTxprurcmx

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

fanatical has a charity bundle for $8.99.
It has two fall guys DLC in it.

DreamWorks Dragons: Dawn of New Riders
Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion
Portal Knights
Eastside Hockey Manager
Fall Guys: Collectors Pack
Fall Guys - Popstar Pack
Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
GRIP: Combat Racing
PAYDAY 2
The Persistence
N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure
Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure
Pure Pool
The Ship: Remasted

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

If anyone got into the beta today, I'll be on off and on throughout the day. Too late to sign up for this one, but here's the link for if they do more. https://mediatonic.questionpro.eu/beta-signup

My epic id is RodShaftMD. Post here if you add me so I can find you in the friend requests.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Logged in on PS5 for the first time since last year and discovered the game is going free to play and releasing on Xbox and Nintendo mid June. Big boost in player numbers coming up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Hope that's true it's a much better game it was a year or two ago