Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Harold Fjord posted:

Hope that's true it's a much better game it was a year or two ago

It is true and if you register your epic account here you get some costumes and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I meant lots of new players. :)

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Harold Fjord posted:

I meant lots of new players. :)

Yes. I look forward to playing against the Switch kids.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Logged back in after more than a year.

Played two rounds.

Crowned on the second one.

I remain a god of this game and have no further need to confirm my genius.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

RodShaft posted:

If anyone got into the beta today, I'll be on off and on throughout the day. Too late to sign up for this one, but here's the link for if they do more. https://mediatonic.questionpro.eu/beta-signup

My epic id is RodShaftMD. Post here if you add me so I can find you in the friend requests.

I'm not saying anything other than I have plans for Wednesday. You should click this link so you can have plans for Wednesday too.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Natural 20 posted:

Logged back in after more than a year.

Played two rounds.

Crowned on the second one.

I remain a god of this game and have no further need to confirm my genius.

For a year my toddler demanded I play a few rounds as a bed time routine. I won like one crown legitimately in all that time.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Thundercracker posted:

For a year my toddler demanded I play a few rounds as a bed time routine. I won like one crown legitimately in all that time.

Mine loved watching me play and for a bit she would watch a round on twitch as a bedtime routine. That got phased out as the appropriate streamers moved on to other games.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
After a huge update, this game is FREE. Exciting. New content is very good too. Come play.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
First game of the free to play and I actually won for once... how long till I find out they filled the game with easy mode bots like all the battle royales do to make you feel good till they remove them suddenly.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Twibbit posted:

First game of the free to play and I actually won for once... how long till I find out they filled the game with easy mode bots like all the battle royales do to make you feel good till they remove them suddenly.

I think those "easy mode bots" are just children playing a f2p baby game.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Really hate the f2p monetization model they rolled out with this. Didn't even convert my crowns into the fancy new premium currency, so what once cost ~6 crowns is now ~6 dollars. :sigh:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Yeah, that was sadly pretty expected though. Luckily, it's all just cosmetic and the gameplay itself is still just as fun as ever.

I really like the new levels.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Harold Fjord posted:

I think those "easy mode bots" are just children playing a f2p baby game.

Yeah, my 5yo plays fall guys sometimes although a lot of the newer maps are a bit hard for him.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I was able to log in to check out the copy/paste Fornite F2P model a day ago on my PC, but today I can't login on either my PC or my Switch. Servers must be slammed.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

The servers seem to have settled down, though there are still some bugs they definitely need to fix very soon. But the new levels are generally at least decent, and the two new finals are really good.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
I hate the F2P model, all my crowns gone :(

At least there's heaps of newbies. Had one game where 41 people got knocked out in the first round because the timer ran out.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

picked this up on xbox, a lot of the menu prompts are still playstation format which I guess they'll fix in due time. Came second in my first ever game when i ran out of hexagons before the other guy on the falling platform level. Game is a lot of fun!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Nowher posted:

At least there's heaps of newbies. Had one game where 41 people got knocked out in the first round because the timer ran out.

i played the "count the fruits" level recently and only 3 of us made it through, after 30+ people died on the last question :getin:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tried this for the first time after just watching people play it for the last year and dang, this is fun!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

explosivo posted:

Tried this for the first time after just watching people play it for the last year and dang, this is fun!

There are few things in this world that bring more glee than dragging someone back right before they jump a gap, and watching them fall.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Well, never thought I'd get this achievement. Turns out squads counts. Me and two friends went on a tear this afternoon.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Thought I'd give the Switch version a go while I'm sick in bed.
Not sure if I'm just not used to these graphics but this version seems really lovely.

Graphics looks awful and not only is the frame rate low but unstable, hitting single digits at most crucial times.

Also my progress didn't transfer over. I linked my Epic account with nintendo but if I want to use the progress from that account I have to submit a ticket to epic.. Lol pass

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Nowher posted:

Thought I'd give the Switch version a go while I'm sick in bed.
Not sure if I'm just not used to these graphics but this version seems really lovely.

Graphics looks awful and not only is the frame rate low but unstable, hitting single digits at most crucial times.

Also my progress didn't transfer over. I linked my Epic account with nintendo but if I want to use the progress from that account I have to submit a ticket to epic.. Lol pass

It's been so long for me that my progress wasn't saved on the account I used with the PS4 version either, I think you had to have logged on within the past year or so or something.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I find that the connection quality is more problematic than the low framerate, otherwise the game plays close enough for me to play a few rounds a week from bed. Account link worked fine too, so it's lovely that they maybe botched it down the road.

Oh, after the server rush cooled off I just needed to set my clock to current. Mine was offset from time traveling in Animal Crossing a year+ ago, but never reset.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I think the problem with the account linking for me was that they did some sort of modification to how data was stored from the old version, and I hadn't opened it in near enough to two years, and now it's too late.

But, like, whatever. It didn't bother me as I was not-playing for two years, so it's not a huge deal now.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
I think my issue is that I had a Nintendo created Epic account already from a previous game. So even though I linked my main account it defaults to the Nintendo created one.
To resolve you have to submit a ticket.

No need though, I'm playing it now with steam link and it's so much better :)

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I reinstalled Fall Guys when it became free and haven't hit play yet. This is my Fall Guys report.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Nowher posted:

Yeah after seeing the kudos stuff in the shop, I'm kicking myself for not spending my crowns before the switch.

Played a few dozen fall balls last night and got the golden witch. It's nice playing against all the new players

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i picked this up recently after not really playing since launch, so i'm probably one of the "new" players you're crushing rn :v:

anyway i have a couple of questions

- are the games picked from a daily pool of some kind? or are games picked amongst all choices, and me getting the loving seesaws a dozen shows in a row is merely the disfavour of dread arengee

- is there some weird controller trick to running faster because i swear i've followed another bean on a straight line and been slower

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 9, 2022

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

- are the games picked from a daily pool of some kind? or are games picked amongst all choices, and me getting the loving seesaws a dozen shows in a row is merely the disfavour of dread arengee

Probably just bad luck. There's some levels that have been removed from the main show, mostly team games, but there's a pool of about a dozen race rounds that can be the first round, and it's pretty much random. Bad luck getting see saw so many times.

Ciaphas posted:

- is there some weird controller trick to running faster because i swear i've followed another bean on a straight line and been slower

Jumping on downward inclines speeds you up a little, but normal running is always the same. This was probably due to there being weird latency issues. And as the latency "corrected" itself, it made it seem that the person was moving faster.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Ciaphas posted:

This might depend on if you’re doing solo show or something else. Solo show supposedly has a kinda basic version of skill-based matchmaking now, with 3 different skill pools. The lower the skill pool, the fewer levels are available. Of course, it’s still RNG which level you get from what’s available. The other shows aren’t limited like that.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Well, I did not know about the skill ranked match making. That would explain why the overall skill of players in the first round seems to be a lot higher.

Meanwhile, squads is full of incompetence. And always on my team.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mason Dixon posted:

This might depend on if you’re doing solo show or something else. Solo show supposedly has a kinda basic version of skill-based matchmaking now, with 3 different skill pools. The lower the skill pool, the fewer levels are available. Of course, it’s still RNG which level you get from what’s available. The other shows aren’t limited like that.

that'd make sense 'cause today i started getting put into the wild fun poo poo, like the one on the neon seesaw avoiding cannon-shot magnets and the like, or the races with speedboosts. those're cool

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I think they also have ones that are more heavily rated to assist each day. I'm pretty sure they always have.

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
I’m not sure what just happened. Either I’m the best in the world at the thief show or just got incredibly lucky with my teams but I just won the show ten times in a row. Unlocked infallible because of this after hoooouuuurrrssss spent playing this game

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

It's kind of weird. In terms of rewards and earning stuff, the game has gotten terrible. Junk rewards for what you can earn without paying.

But playing the game itself is more fun than ever. So many great levels and variety.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

cheeeeesecake posted:

I’m not sure what just happened. Either I’m the best in the world at the thief show or just got incredibly lucky with my teams but I just won the show ten times in a row. Unlocked infallible because of this after hoooouuuurrrssss spent playing this game

i had a stretch like this where i won every sweet thieves game in about an hour's span. just a bizarre stretch of good fortune.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Installed this when it turned F2P on my Xbox. Trip report: my kids love it, both watching and playing. It's great to see my youngest giggling uncontrollably when bumping into walls over and over. :D
Currently level 37 on the season pass thing. Is there a limit?

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=889Hw6ZPa20
Looks like we're getting Sonic-themed maps

Deathslinger fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
For those that haven’t gotten infallible yet, this current yeetus event seems extremely easy to do so for an experienced player. There is no competition. Literally complete three events in the time limit and you win