Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
This game is super fun in short bursts. Hopefully they keep adding new maps and modes.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

worst part of a disconnect is you dont get your EXP

I got disconnected once and did get my EXP like an hour later lol, so that's nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MisterZimbu posted:

I also think the game needs more "gently caress you" style obstacle courses like the see-saw one. A lot of the obstacle courses have no failure conditions, making it hard to catch up if you miss a jump or start from the back or something like that. I wish there were a bit more randomness involved with the course design to; seems like this would've been a perfect game to take the "roguelike" approach of having a bunch of different building blocks put together for a course to keep things mixed up.

Yeah I agree, feels like there's a lot of missed opportunities but hopefully they build new maps that do those things.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

cmpterjones posted:

It did until today. There was an exploit too with the use of script tags in your steam name where you could get more kudos and crowns in the store.

https://xkcd.com/327/

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think the Soccer one is the only team game I'm starting to dislike because there's a really easy way to be good at it (standing under the ball when it drops) and if no one else but you on your team knows to do that, but the enemy team is camping the drop, you might as well just quit right then and there. Had that game go 1-5 and 1-8 in back-to-back rounds. At least in the tail rounds whether or not you have a tail actually kind of matters.

Strong agree, soccer is my least favorite game because your team can let you down so much.

I've had so many rounds go like literally 10-0 where half of those goals were my team's own-goals. Some people seem to really struggle with the idea of how ball physics works.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Fans posted:

Nah now you get sets of long thin walls come up and then a bar behind them that completely blocks it off. Means if you try run through early you’re trapped and have to run back out of it

I had that on day one.

The levels seem to have some variability depending upon when you do them and how many people are left?

The trailer had someone playing on the level with the two spinny bars you have to jump rope over, and one of the pieces of the platform was missing. I haven't run into that yet, but that sounds like it'd be fun. I hope they turn things up over time as people learn the basics.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 8, 2020

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Croccers posted:

Holy heck that Chicken top is Hotline Miami.

It is, the twitter even confirms its an official collab.

If only I had the 5 goddamned crowns to buy the top! (10 for the full set seems insaaaane)

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Slime Climb I think is actually the best map because it's the one obstacle course map that has any form of challenge and doesn't just come down to "you will always qualify unless you get unlucky and a huge group of people block you off from progressing." The SeeSaw map is only hard if you get stuck at the back of the pack - if you're in the top 10 the physics don't actually matter because you can pretty quickly just hop to the next one before there's much movement. I got first on it once and it took two minutes for the rest to qualify. The one with the gates, the one with the destroyable doors you jump through, and the one that starts with the rounded beams that go immediately into the spinning gates all have the problem where you're funneled through a very small area and if you get stuck for too long on other players, you might as well just quit because there's no catching up. Slime Climb is the only obstacle course where the primary reason for getting eliminated is that you did a bad job platforming, and there's very little room for getting unlucky

Yeah there's definitely a strong "rich get richer" effect with seesaw that needs some adjusting.

I want more takeshi's castle shenanigans, more platforming courses with tons of obstacles that you have to get super lucky to avoid. Some of the existing courses, once you get the hang of them they become pretty rote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

How do you push? Every time I grab someone and try to push I just stand in place until popping off of them.

Or is it actually not nearly as forceful as you might think?

Don't grab? The game has physics.