Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Enable
Aug 29, 2017

"Everything in your head doesn't need to be said."

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

See-Saw level is the only one I think about just leaving and re-queuing when I get it.

See-Saw isn't terrible if you're near the front. If you get behind the pack it's hopeless.

The one I can't stand is the tail-grab. It's a team event, and the grab mechanic is fickle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Enable
Aug 29, 2017

Seeing all of these people have a worse time playing this game gives me the greatest feelings of Schadenfreude.

Quiet Enable
Aug 29, 2017

MisterZimbu posted:

I'll be the opposite guy and say that I'm fine with the Team Games (as long as they don't have a repeatable auto-win mechanic like people are finding in the soccer game). You can't win every time.

I also think the game needs more "gently caress you" style obstacle courses like the see-saw one. A lot of the obstacle courses have no failure conditions, making it hard to catch up if you miss a jump or start from the back or something like that. I wish there were a bit more randomness involved with the course design to; seems like this would've been a perfect game to take the "roguelike" approach of having a bunch of different building blocks put together for a course to keep things mixed up.

I'd agree with most of this. There are a handful of "gently caress Yous" but a lot of the games, specifically Jump Club, Roll out, and Block Party, have much more room that makes them fairly easy challenges.

They'd do well to either release something like a Mario Maker course builder or something that would randomize the course layouts like you suggested. The internet is already aglow with "how to beat every map every time" articles, so they definitely need to start making new content if the game is going to have any legs. Even if they are tiny jellybean legs.