Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Thunder Moose posted:

Today's breakfast - reheated pizza I bought while drunk last night.

Secret? Reheat in toaster oven. 375 degrees, six minutes. SIX.

i have never been tempted to order food while drunk. going grocery shopping while stoned (frankly how else can i deal with people otherwise), however, has been an expensive proposition

today’s breakfast: banana-flavoured pellets.

i made a noise while he was eating, and he froze to conduct analysis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I may or may not have had Vegemite on toast

But I'll never tell

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
This morning? A blueberry power "muffin cup"

Why? Because I saw it in the store and thought "muffin cup - now there's a fun word to say."

Mmmmmmuffin cup.

Chewbecca

Vegemite toast is good for you, body mind and soul!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

mediaphage

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i enjoy a thin skimming of an old 'mite with toasted bread or bagel and cheese

Finger Prince

Chewbecca posted:

Update: I had huevos rancheros today, and while it likely wasn't authentic it certainly was delicious! :discourse:

I love huevos rancheros and I don't think there's any way to make them authentic or not authentic. Just tasty and more tasty.

Escape From Noise

Watermelon, figs, and a peach with jasmine tea

Ghosty
I made cinnamon toast. Mix 2tsp of butter, 1tsp of sugar, and 1/4tsp of cinnamon together then spread it on the bread. Then put it in the toaster.

How do you make cold brew coffee? Wanted to try it for ages but I’m lazy. Do you just put coffee grinds in water and leave it in the fridge overnight? That’d be my guess.

Finger Prince

Bigfoot starts pawing at his crotch watching me play overwatch as Tracer.
"You know she's a lesbian, right?" I tell him.
He paws at his crotch faster.

Finger Prince

Lol oops wrong thread

Prof. Crocodile

i dont know if this is the best xpost ever or the worst but it is definitely my favorite

more falafel please

forums poster

Ghosty posted:

I made cinnamon toast. Mix 2tsp of butter, 1tsp of sugar, and 1/4tsp of cinnamon together then spread it on the bread. Then put it in the toaster.

How do you make cold brew coffee? Wanted to try it for ages but I’m lazy. Do you just put coffee grinds in water and leave it in the fridge overnight? That’d be my guess.

you want to use coarse ground coffee, and then yeah, you leave it in cold/room temp water for 12 hours or so, room temp or fridge, and then you strain it. I usually make it a little strong and then pour it over ice, but to each their own. i do it in a french press so it's easy to strain, but you can use a fine mesh bag or a chinois or something too. don't bother buying a "cold brew brewer" because they're literally just a pitcher with a mesh filter.

the french press is also my hot coffee method because it doesn't take up much space, it's cheap, and it's easy

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

more falafel please

forums poster

gonna make migas/chilaquiles for b'fast

more falafel please fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 15, 2020

more falafel please

forums poster

more falafel please posted:

gonna make migas/chilaquiles for b'fast

triple post

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Ghosty posted:

Ya get a cold brew maker - fill it and forget it for a day. Don't try it without a maker or some kind of filter.

The best brand I've ever had is this

https://www.amazon.com/Takeya-10311...-garden&sr=1-12

Chewbecca

Had huevos rancheros again yesterday cos Saturday. Today will likely go back to the regularly scheduled programming of Vegemite toast :discourse:

Chewbecca

breakfast goon!

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Tomorrow maybe? :stonklol:

Escape From Noise

I had asian pears and figs with white tea. At noon. But I woke up late as usual

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Nice.

I had cold brew coffee, bourbon, and uh - having to think here...

Reeses Puffs?

IDK :shrug:

Finger Prince

I need to eat more fruits.

nut

eating shits like u

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

nut posted:

eating shits like u

gross :colbert:

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

I need to eat more fruits.

Been eating mostly fruit for breakfast lately. Hopefully I can shed some kilos

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
They opened up a chicken n' waffles place close to where I am staying.

Like, I've had this combination but was wondering if the waffle and maple syrup make it a breakfast food. If so? Where does it stop? Is a full rack of barbecue ribs breakfast if it comes with a small cup of orange juice? Conversely, are bacon and eggs dinner if you eat desert with them too?

Madness.

Goons Are Gifts

Everything can be a breakfast if you're strong enough.
*fires up the grill at 7am on a workday*

Finger Prince

Bright Bart posted:

They opened up a chicken n' waffles place close to where I am staying.

Like, I've had this combination but was wondering if the waffle and maple syrup make it a breakfast food. If so? Where does it stop? Is a full rack of barbecue ribs breakfast if it comes with a small cup of orange juice? Conversely, are bacon and eggs dinner if you eat desert with them too?

Madness.

There are no hard and fast rules about what you can eat when.

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
chicken and waffles was popular among jazz musicians and club patrons in Harlem in the '30s, because they'd finish the night in the wee hours of the morning and have a dinner/breakfast hybrid.

had a friend bring his English girlfriend to the states to visit for a couple weeks, and i chose to take them to chicken and waffles, which is the most american cuisine i can think of (cept maybe barbecue.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Today was a quesadilla day.

Chewbecca

Vegemite toast and coffee is a workday food :bang:

Looking forward to my weekend huevos rancheros :discourse:

Bright Bart

What kind of work do you do Becca?

Does it involve Vegemite?

I am an internet stalker.

Escape From Noise

Miso soup is an excellent hangover breakfast.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I forgot to eat breakfast at home and so had to buy the overpriced Starbucks sandwich with my coffee.

They aren't bad but you can literally get an entire fast food breakfast with a drink for the same price.

Escape From Noise

I had a home made breakfast burrito today. Pretty dec

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Yum!

Give me more details!

Prof. Crocodile

I had a home made breakfast burrito today. Pretty dec

another burriot eaten in byob?

a lot of people going hard at The_Rob in the last few days.

a disturbing trend.

Escape From Noise

It was pretty decent but I dunno. I finally figured out how to make home fries. I had plenty leftover as well as guacamole. Pretty solid overall.

Chewbecca

Vegemite toast, coffee, the yewsh

Chewbecca

Is there anything prettier than the steam coming off a cup of coffee in the sunshine?

Doubt it :coffeepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

This is the top dog of supermarket breakfast cereals. Rye flakes. I expect some sugar is added but the content is much lower than your typical cereal for children and yet they don't taste like bran flakes they taste like delicious crispy pieces of sourdough that go great with some yogourt and fruit.

Not sure you can get them outside of the Baltic region and maybe(?) other parts of the north of Europe.