Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
If the finale isn’t 30 minutes of a Kaysar - Janelle podcast telling everyone they’re garbage players I’m gonna be sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's quite masterful how Cody has managed to burn every juror on their way out. You have to try to be THAT bad at this.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's quite masterful how Cody has managed to burn every juror on their way out. You have to try to be THAT bad at this.

genuinely this sort of thing is what makes me convinced that Nicole is about to get a second win.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Twin Cinema posted:

Everyone getting mad that everyone is playing the game in Final 4.
what's more, if Enzo chased Christmas too, then he could've also accidentally got stuck before she did like Cody did. This was actually the ideal way to stop her from winning, although it made Cody sacrifice himself. Now Nicole is safe no matter what this round... (haven't seen beyond this ep but yeah, Cody evicts Christmas and Christmas evicts Cody if they win veto). Nicole is also probably Cody's real F2 at this point now that Enzo grabbed HOH.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 20, 2020

Max
Nov 30, 2002

curiousCat posted:

genuinely this sort of thing is what makes me convinced that Nicole is about to get a second win.

If this means we get to witness a new version of the Paul loss then that would be cool.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

what's more, if Enzo chased Christmas too, then he could've also accidentally got stuck before she did like Cody did. This was actually the ideal way to stop her from winning, although it made Cody sacrifice himself. Now Nicole is safe no matter what this round... (haven't seen beyond this ep but yeah, Cody evicts Christmas and Christmas evicts Cody if they win veto). Nicole is also probably Cody's real F2 at this point now that Enzo grabbed HOH.

yea this was my thought as well. Nicole seemed to want to use the strategy from Kaysar's moment but that only really worked because so many people were playing. With three people, it would've been obvious that they were both trapping her and it's inevitable she would've been able to get to the clear section of the board and leave them to gently caress each other over.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am not sure if these animated battles are better TV than what they could be showing.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
What the gently caress is this

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Okay, I have changed my mind and this is the worst.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I thought these were all going to be fake fights and when it was just jury members we'd go to a jury luxury comp happening in real life.

No. WTF

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
My pants fell off! I'm so relatable!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't understand what these posts mean and it has me mildly curious to watch the latest episode instead of delete it as I've been doing the last week or so.

Speaking of, what happened with the Kaysar chess comp? I totally forgot that existed and deleted all the relevant episodes I think.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Cody chased Christmas around the board until he got eliminated and she went out right after. Enzo stayed out of the way even though both Cody and Christmas expected him to help them.

What you missed this ep was a really really low concept Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter battle between all the comic book characters. The active players drafted them and then they all fought random 1on1 elimination contests until one was left and the player that had that one got $10k.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 22, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
A full 20 minutes was spent on a competition that played itself and another 10 minutes was dedicated to Christmas crying. Fun show

The veto comp was pretty cool at least.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Christmas is really upset that Memp-FIST is going to watch this later and be upset that she did not pick his comic book to battle.

Kaysar showed up to explain that they were having the chess battle, and then never came back. Much like how Dr. Will showed up for those few moments.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Cody dominated that veto

He's going to win. Nicole should have backdoored him last week but she's in a tricky spot because she's got a medium-sized target on herself as well. But the guy doesn't lose a lot of comps.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I understand why she didn't move against him earlier because it would be a pretty huge betrayal and leave her with no true allies in the F4. If Memphis were there instead of Cody he'd probably send her home over Christmas. Nicole has a tough chance to win against Cody but she can't win if she doesn't get there. And I don't think she's drawing dead on paper. She played a relatively clean game with a relatively large target. Her deepest betrayals were ones Cody was a part of as well and if she can convince the jury that he had an easier time floating than she did and the moves she made were done out of necessity. On paper she should have Ian and Dani's votes and a shot at Day and Kevin who Cody barely had relationships with. Then maybe Christmas gets her a win?

Do I think it will play out that way? Not really. I haven't been watching so I don't know if the jury outlook has changed but Dani was quite irrationally more upset at Nicole than Cody and Kevin seemed still stanning about Cody. Toss in Day maybe not wanting to vote for Nicole to win a second time after she betrayed her. I wouldn't bet against Cody. But I'm not sure what better path to the end and a victory Nicole had.

I mean she probably should have kept Ian weeks ago. But given how everything played out I'm not sure that would have worked out for her and she might not have even gotten Dani on board.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
She has to win and take Enzo and gamble that players like Dani, Ian, Kevin, David, and Memphis make the calculation that their reputation a) matters and b) improves if they vote for a snake over a floater. I think she gets there with Ian and David. I think Memphis trying to take Enzo to F2 also telegraphs he doesn't think Enzo played a winning game.

It's anyone's guess how cutting Cody at F5 or keeping Ian butterfly effects out. The punchline is anyone sitting by Cody loses but Cody is one of the few people willing to take Nicole to F2 so... Rock meet hard place.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Has anything unexpected actually happened this season?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Twin Cinema posted:

We watched this long.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

^burtle posted:

We watched this long.

Unfortunately, yes. Whenever I hear people saying they quit watching weeks ago, I ask, “you can do that?”

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Getting Enzo'd

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
I’ve got about 12 episodes saved up on PVR but I just got spoiled on who the final 3 are and imma just delete all these episodes. Glad that I made the right choice to stop watching after Day’s eviction

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

There was that one week where the exact person in the alliance who was being targeted won HOH, the exact person being targeted won a power to save himself, and the exact person to disrupt everything won POV and it still just resulted in Ian going home.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

There was that one week where the exact person in the alliance who was being targeted won HOH, the exact person being targeted won a power to save himself, and the exact person to disrupt everything won POV and it still just resulted in Ian going home.

That whole week of gameplay feels like a fever dream.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was getting into arguments this season with the usual assholes who were like "the minority/minorities just suck and need to win something" and I kept pointing out (a) how the numbers make that very hard and (b) how even when it happens it doesn't really matter when the numbers are stacked. That was basically the perfect week of everything perfect happening against the odds that needed to happen for a shakeup and then it just resulted in the lamest way it could because the majority still controlled things.

The house always wins.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I happened to flip the show on just as Cody was saying "So many important conversations happen that have nothing to do with the game" and then flipped to the way cool convo Day and Kaysar had about religion and race and I'm glad that made TV. Also

a) Its hilarious to me that Cody introduced it and had nothing to do with it because Cody had NO meaningful conversations in that house.
b) Kaysar's still the King.
c) I kind of want to see how much of this "memories" episode is people not in the Committee+Enzo. It would amuse me if BB just did a whole episode about everyone else as a change of pace.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man I hope Nicole wins just out of spite no matter who takes her to the final two. Cody is arrogant as hell and Enzo is trying to ride the wave again

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also that super hero fight thing was so drat bad. Make the housemates as modded characters in MUGEN and have them fight Mexican Goku you cowards!!

edit: Also, why did tonight's episode just randomly show me dr will's penis for five seconds at the end? Is it the only part of him that hasn't received cosmetic surgery like a ship of theseus thing or something?

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Oct 24, 2020

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Did Will ever appear in the season or did the money for him run out

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Twin Cinema posted:

That whole week of gameplay feels like a fever dream.

Dani working to keep Tyler over Ian was the worst single game move in the whole season and it goes a long way explaining why Dani supports Cody over Nicole as a jury voter.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

CJacobs posted:

edit: Also, why did tonight's episode just randomly show me dr will's penis for five seconds at the end? Is it the only part of him that hasn't received cosmetic surgery like a ship of theseus thing or something?

OK, I haven't watched the show since week 2, but this need's some explanation. What is this referring too?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bucswabe posted:

OK, I haven't watched the show since week 2, but this need's some explanation. What is this referring too?

Will showed up as a guest a few times, and one occasion saw him as the "annoying neighbor" who poked fun at the houseguests from a high perch. He is wearing underwear that does not leave much to the imagination.

For no reason whatsoever, the credits for this episode are overlaid on Will doin a nice big stretch in his underwear

edit: In case you, uh, want an example.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 24, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just assume BB/CBS knows this season is in the running for "worst ever" and like they're just half drunk when they edit the episodes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, I'm half drunk when I watch the episodes, so that makes at least one fully drunk viewer between us.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Was Friday's episode a recap episode? What is Monday's episode? I was planning on only watching Wednesday's finale.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, Friday's was a recap. I think they're going to have the pre-jury on today and maybe part one of the final HoH comp.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Thanks for the response. Looks like I can't escape this Big Brother hell yet. I will have to subject myself to two more episodes.

I really hope it's Kaysar, Janelle, and Day as the 3 finalists for America's favourite.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Unfortunately I think Tyler will be up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Are the Jokers Update rankings close to actual reality? I guess I shouldn't be surprised if Tyler's name is up there. Was discussing with a buddy recently who likes Tyler. So, who knows.