Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
This game feels like a dumb thing to do on a live show...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

What the gently caress did they think everyone was gonna do?

Yeah production is NOT sharp tonight. They should have introduced everyone and then gone to commercial.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

BGrifter posted:

This season should be a ton of fun. Extremely hype. :woop:

I agree! This is going to be the most refreshing season we've had in years. There probably isn't going to be lovely racism, dumb showmance storylines, and terrible gameplay that just let's one side run the table, and everyone giving up their game for the popular kids.

If we get a good clean game (with typical terrible production) my love of BB may be restored!

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

I almost forgot, this premiere also had some great examples of one of my favorite BB/Amazing Race tropes: footage of the contestant definitely doing their actual job. Just so many stilted fake phone conversations where they say stuff like "I'm interested in our projections for etc." Always cracks me up.

It's just slightly less cringy than the usual "surprise! You're going to be on big brother, and now you have to freak out because it's totally a surprise that you are on the show as this film crew follows you around" segments from every other season.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Yeah I've always liked Christmas and wasn't even aware that there was fan backlash against her until it was brought up in this thread. Like, of typical BB contestants, she has to be in at least the top 25% of least unlikeable personalities, right?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

The other player I can easily see winning this thing and surprising the hell out of people is Nicole F. I can see her doing the exact thing she did last time and just being there at the end.

I recall that it was the first all star season that coined the term "floaters" and it was probably recognition that the people who seem harmless are the ones that make it to the late game, and, in many cases, win. There is probably a decent strategy in bringing the comp beasts together into an anti-aggression pact to get rid of all the non-competitive, full social game people.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

obliriovrons posted:

I started watching with season 18 and have basically hated every season I've watched overall, haha, and I think part of it is that it feels to me like every season follows the same basic frustrating structure.

If anyone is looking for a season of Big Brother that has the exact opposite of this type of game play; where players form tight rival alliances, and make big moves, and the power shifts happen weekly; look for Big Brother Canada Season 6.

I decided to re-watch it after mentioning it in the spoiler thread, and it's even better than I had remembered. Such an amazingly satisfying ending!

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Would a week 3 America's HOH help course correct things? It seems like in most seasons the fans are usually most against the cool kids that are running the game.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

CJacobs posted:

edit: Also, why did tonight's episode just randomly show me dr will's penis for five seconds at the end? Is it the only part of him that hasn't received cosmetic surgery like a ship of theseus thing or something?

OK, I haven't watched the show since week 2, but this need's some explanation. What is this referring too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Twin Cinema posted:

BB22 gave exactly what was expected, but not what anyone wanted.

I'll admit I never saw a season this bad coming. I was legitimately excited about this show for the first time in years when I heard it was All Stars and that I didn't hate anyone in the cast.

I lasted two weeks watching this show. I think I at least made it 5 weeks last season...