Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It would have been good for his (Tyler's) game to get Nicole out and keep David, though. Enzo also had talked a lot about wanting to keep David, so it seemed realistically possible. I wonder if Enzo deliberately let Tyler and Christmas walk into that as game.

Anyway, this season is so abysmally boring that I think Tyler's failed swing is one of the only halfway exciting game things to happen all season. It's just been an uninterrupted march of a big week 1 alliance picking off every possible outsider, while winning every single HOH, and then shedding its peripheral members. Seems to be the dominant playstyle these days and it's just a waste of time to watch.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If it wasn't clear, i was talking about Tyler's perspective above. For Enzo, he's pretty insulated either way I feel like, but this works very well for him. Just let Tyler and Christmas sink and now you're in the f4 and in multiple people's end game plans. Funny though after all his talk of making moves, he doesn't make the big move, and then walks in to talk to Tyler after going "that's it, time for a big move!"

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Once upon a time I used to see BB as the superior game format because the HOH meant that the majority could be gotten at and couldn't control the game unless everyone let them. The problem is, yeah, its become BB standard to let the majority rule. Blame Derrick because he played a masterful game with that strategy? Blame Paul and Tyler for trying to emulate that and failing? Blame the fanbase for saying they should have won and thus reinforcing that strategy?
Honestly I think Paul and Tyler losing just makes it an even bigger problem, where then you can just get into the big alliance and try to sleepwalk to the end, because why not?

Worked for Kaycee, just win a few comps along the way and don't make enemies. Paul masterminded his entire season to the point where he selected the exact order for everyone else to finish in a comp (so that Christmas won a running comp with a broken foot!), but he lost to Josh anyway.

Just be in the controlling group, switch into cruise control, and don't even worry about it. You can be an unstable goat like Josh or the most boring player of all time like Kaycee, it doesn't matter, both beat the people actually trying to manipulate things to get specific outcomes they wanted.

I know this is a reductive way of looking at it, because Tyler betrayed a lot of people and Paul just "othered" people and treated them like poo poo, or kept lying to them in goodbye messages, but I don't think their failures really change the point that being in the majority and not playing seems to work as well as anything else. The fact it's been established you can win just by pointing at comp wins or not being the other person really is a serious disincentive to flipping things and gaming hard. If Paul and Tyler had won, players would have to ask themselves constantly if they are being played and if outcomes really are in their best interests or in someone else's, and they'd be encouraged to try to be the ones pulling strings, which could lead to less passive play and more clashes when priorities conflict.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 8, 2020

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

who wants pablo
https://twitter.com/deadskulltweets/status/1314006009178857472

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I really thought Christmas was going to win that HOH. Her or Memphis would have been more exciting than freaking Nicole.

I'm guessing you didn't want the big or small pumpkins at the back of the basket, because both types seem like they'd roll off more easily? Like, the small ones are lighter and get rustled more easily, and the big ones probably take less movement to tip off the basket. So maybe you want mediums along the back? Meanwhile though, at least Christmas had one drop on the tricky part. Memphis had one fall off just randomly when he wasn't even at the fulcrum.

:lol: at Nicole telling Cody that Christmas wants him gone and then being surprised he wants to vote out Christmas. Come on, man!

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 13, 2020

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think Nicole could beat Christmas and maybe Memphis. Beating Enzo or Cody would be a lot harder. Funny because her nominations were exactly the opposite of that.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think whoever takes down Cody has a really good shot to win the game. He's really good at comps though, and this might have been the only moment to knife him for Nicole.

If she was gonna do it she probably needed to lay it all out for Memphis to get a good deal out of him. You can fault her for not making the move if you think she should know Cody will win, but I think a lot of the players just assume the jury will be bitter so it doesn't matter if Cody has been in the center of everything.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Savahontas posted:

My boyfriend walked into the room during that part and was just like, what's wrong with these people?

What indeed
They were probably asked to make some cracks about the other comics. saying that because literally every person was doing it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Twin Cinema posted:

Everyone getting mad that everyone is playing the game in Final 4.
what's more, if Enzo chased Christmas too, then he could've also accidentally got stuck before she did like Cody did. This was actually the ideal way to stop her from winning, although it made Cody sacrifice himself. Now Nicole is safe no matter what this round... (haven't seen beyond this ep but yeah, Cody evicts Christmas and Christmas evicts Cody if they win veto). Nicole is also probably Cody's real F2 at this point now that Enzo grabbed HOH.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 20, 2020

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Cody chased Christmas around the board until he got eliminated and she went out right after. Enzo stayed out of the way even though both Cody and Christmas expected him to help them.

What you missed this ep was a really really low concept Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter battle between all the comic book characters. The active players drafted them and then they all fought random 1on1 elimination contests until one was left and the player that had that one got $10k.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 22, 2020

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Cody dominated that veto

He's going to win. Nicole should have backdoored him last week but she's in a tricky spot because she's got a medium-sized target on herself as well. But the guy doesn't lose a lot of comps.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, Friday's was a recap. I think they're going to have the pre-jury on today and maybe part one of the final HoH comp.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

probably 1 Dayvon 2 Tyler

I did really like Tyler his first season and was hoping to see him work some magic this time around but his heart just wasn't in it. He shouldn't have played.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It was funny going into the final comp knowing the only way to avoid a Cody win was Nicole cutting him, knowing she wouldn't cut him, and then seeing her get the first question wrong and the entire comp play out with her behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If Nicole really wanted to look good, she'd say she would have cut Cody. But she said she'd have kept him while in the house, and right after getting out, and I'm inclined to believe it.

Sorry to hear about people being lovely to Kevin and David (although they weren't great players!)

TyrantWD posted:

I don’t think very highly of Cody’s game this season. The power never left the alliance he was drafted into once this season.

Great players are able to navigate through tough weeks where they would be targeted, and the power lies outside their alliance, but that never came.
The thing is, strategically he always got what he wanted, but it was always very simple and straightforward and it always came very easily because of the social dominance of he and his clique. So it was dominant in just the most boring way.