Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

This was a very good first episode! Surprised how happy I found myself to be watching, given how hard I've fallen off the last two seasons by the end.

I wonder if Memphis and Cody will try to form a sidekick alliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I almost forgot, this premiere also had some great examples of one of my favorite BB/Amazing Race tropes: footage of the contestant definitely doing their actual job. Just so many stilted fake phone conversations where they say stuff like "I'm interested in our projections for etc." Always cracks me up.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

The Amazing Race drama, as I recall, was that the Reilly sisters got wind of a few other teams planning to U-Turn Victor and Nicole, and since they had previously established a "BB alliance" they passed this information along to Victor/Nicole so they could be prepared and not take any chances. Makes sense, right? Except Victor/Nicole, instead of being grateful for the heads-up, decided to reveal to those other teams that the Reillys had snitched, which led to much angst (Rachel handled it about as well as you'd expect) and made the Reillys a bigger target for everybody.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Thread necromancy, but it appears that Memphis and Christmas have gotten engaged