Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Solitair posted:

Hope this is what my mom wanted him to do, otherwise he and I are getting an earful.

[PZ.004.084]
Looks like you have a broken image here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

CzarChasm posted:

So far this doesn't seem too edgy and terrible (minus the fleeing for your life bit to kick off the game)

I like that it builds in the optional challenge ways to play.

Here's hoping that this doesn't go too deep into bullshit territory like "Uranium" I think it was. I think in that fan game one of the starter options was incapable of beating your first encounter and because it was a hard mode game that ended your run right there. IIRC it wasn't just tough to beat it was literally impossible unless RN-Jesus blessed you.
IIRC it's that the grass-type starter didn't start with a grass-type move, unlike the other two starters, so you couldn't get type advantage over your rival's Pokemon, but because the grass starter was something like grass/steel, by some weird quirk your rival would always have type advantage over you no matter what starter he picked.

It didn't cause a game over, though; instead, if you were playing on the game's built in Nuzlocke mode, the first battle you got into outside the tutorial rival battle would either softlock or hard crash the game.

Solitair posted:

In Insurgence the mode turns off and lets you play normally when your last Pokémon faints, but the Z/O wiki doesn't specify if this is true here and I'm not inclined to find out.
This makes me think that there's a chance at least a chance that the developers of these games made sure that particular situation can't happen, so it looks like we're a step ahead of Uranium already.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I mean, Insurgence was made by the same devs and it was fairly good about giving you nice things, IIRC.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Pokemon Reborn makes a turd that's been sitting in the sun for a week look charming. That game is a colossal failure on every level of "being a game" possible.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

serefin99 posted:

...Scientologist Cruise. *groans of increasing discomfort*

Say what you will about Insurgence's edge, I'd rather have a game that takes itself too seriously then all this memey bullcrap.
Insurgence doesn't take itself too seriously though? There's a lot of humor in the game. The "ancient dragon NAMEHERE" (and that dumbass' assorted other Team Rocket-esque failures), the (IIRC) Electric-type gym where all the scientists make puns ("Don't get too excited, you'll change state!"), etc. Like you could definitely argue that the game's plot is overloaded with legendary Pokemon, way too goddamn long, and occasionally veers into edgelord territory, but I dunno if "taking itself too seriously" is a sin Insurgence commits.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I like the idea that there's a Gym Leader that's just a berserk mine guard robot, but it makes whoever's running this Pokemon league look like a moron.

Also welcome back! I hope you'll forgive me if I say that I do not remember a single thing that's happened in this fangame and a recap would be much appreciated. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I suspect you're biased. Just a hunch, though.