Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

The trip report thread I posted is a big trip in BC. I do love BC. Usually I am there at least once a year. Not sure that will happen in this winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Bi-la kaifa posted:

Eastern BC is a treasure trove of good hiking and amazing landscapes. Last year I hiked through Monashee provincial park and it was full of great big granite faces and blooming meadows of wildflowers. This year we went south to the Kootenay region and farted around Grand Forks. I never really realized before the sheer amount of space there is out there, and what could be done with it if it all wasn't privately owned or crown lands. If I could still rock climb I'd be tempted to promote it as an untapped climbing mecca, because holy poo poo there's a lot of rocks there. Like a lot.

Next year we're planning on hiking through the Purcell wilderness and I have high hopes that it'll be amazing. If it's not we'll hit a hot spring on the way home and cry about it.

Don't worry that whole area is beautiful.