Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Just had a picnic lunch in Kootenay NP, but were good Albertans and didn't stray into Radium like we normally would. Had really excellent weather

But holy lol are the park ups at the trailheads out of control. Stanley Glacier was up and down the road despite notices not to park on the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Heading out CMC Valley tomorrow, will try to take pictures this time

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

Heading out CMC Valley tomorrow, will try to take pictures this time

View to the north

and south

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

xzzy posted:

And had our anniversary at Emerald Lake (this is Emerald Basin).

Just want to say how much I love Emerald Lake.

One time my wife and I stopped off and it was drizzling so we were able to get patio seats at the Cilantro for a glass or two of wine. It started raining and the place cleared out. Then it stopped and we had it all to ourselves. A bus of Chinese tourists arrived just as a loon started calling. Quintessential Canadian moment right there, with mists lightly rising off the still waters. Lovely.

Today we were out for a picnic at Kootenay NP; the view to the east:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

If you nerdos haven't spent much time in rogers pass you don't know what you're missing:

The rock is better, the views nicer, and the approaches steeper.

gorgeous shot

which mountain is that?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

the one in the back is Uto Peak; I'm on the NW Ridge of Sir Donald in the foreground

I've wanted to do this climb for years; every time I drive by and see it I'll remember how fantastic it was

Nice! What's the rating on the route you took?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

5.4 D-?

The climbing on Sir D is never hard, but you've got about 700m of 5.0-5.4 rock. People love to solo it, but someone falls off and dies every year. Getting down is also not very fun.

I was going to say what your partner was coming up looked good up in those boots but down I'd probably just rappelle over it

great photo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Yeah the plague has severely curtailed our usual stomping around in the mountains for sure