Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Kyanka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Ok so far it's actually really good, lots of big names comedians talking about their experience with heckling including David Cross, Arsenio Hall and Maria Bamford!

Chewbecca

ITT I'm watching The Heckler: everyone's a critic starring Richard "Lowtax" kyanka

Chewbecca

lowtax is loving young

Chewbecca

I'd never actually got to see Uwe punch Lowtax in the face before, so that was fun I guess

Chewbecca

Yinlock posted:

oh wait here's a harmless one: where on earth is he hanging out there

He was in Vancouver about to be punched by Uwe Bolle

Chewbecca

Dude I'm just watching The Heckler: everyone's a critic starring Richard "Lowtax" kyanka, I legit don't know what any of those words mean

Chewbecca

nut posted:

im not a critic

It was a really thoughtful movie, and I felt bad for Jamie Kennedy. One blogger in particular was being a dick right to his face and it was so awkward and sad?

Goes to show being chill is the best way to be :byob1:

Chewbecca

nut posted:

u think that's bad u should've seen what happened to him when he tried 2 go for a drive down dallas

:stonkhat:

Chewbecca

The_Rob posted:

I remember the movie wasn’t bad except for the Jamie Kennedy stuff. like I get what they were going for but I don’t think anyone respected Kennedy at all and it showed. so whatever point they were trying to make was lost because nobody cared about being a dick to him.

It was still so sad, he just looked so hurt and it was cringey

They looked all :smuggo: getting him irl and ugh

Chewbecca

Slumpy posted:

The Heckler stars Richard 'Lowtax' Kyanka and its being watched by Chewbacca. There is nothing to unpack. We are simply here for the ride.

It was very good and I recommend watching it. It's got lots of big names comedians and insightful commentary. The bit with uwe boll made me sad cos lowtax and the other bloggers were so young, and probably a bit naive. I didn't like that part really.

My takeaways were:

Heckling is bad
Comedians have feelings
Early 2000s bloggers were sometimes mean for the sake of it
Lowtax was a good looking guy and should keep his hair short
Early internet bloggers should not get in the ring with uwe boll

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Slumpy posted:

i'll check it out chew. my understanding of the uwe boll thing was that he took a fall on purpose or some poo poo was there more to it? i know lowtax is a hosed up dude but yeah he was sorta good lookin back then.

also yeah heckling is bad, it takes a lot of courage to do comedy irl

Lowtax got punched very very hard by Uwe Boll. He certainly did not pretend to fall down, it was pretty rough to watch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Evil Bob posted:

did not expect an objective opinion of lowtax’s appearance circa 2007 itt

I calls em as I sees em!

I liked the shaved pattern in the side of his head, but he was probably doing that ironically cos of the boxing thing

I also liked his SA polo shirt, the other bloggers looked kinda scrubby when being interviewed