Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ILY Dead Gay Forum
Mar 15, 2019

YeahTubaMike posted:

Don't forget Super Plus.

poo poo, I did. drat menstrual cup made me forget the struggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Do y'all ladies ever pop a squat and try to push it all out at once to get it over with?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Do y'all ladies ever pop a squat and try to push it all out at once to get it over with?

Like a big greasy blood balloon of uterine lining

Nut up or shut up ladies

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
oh god why did i click on this thread it's friggin COOTIE CENTRAL O_______O

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spinz posted:

My best period story is I unfortunately had it start once when a boyfriend was going down on me. What are they odds? Not THAT high-I didn't have a charmed life lol. He was p upset, scrubbing at his moustache at the sink, the water turning pink while I laughed helplessly. We were together for years after that, he was a good sport.
Almost thought you were my ex from college for a moment. Although I'd finished going down on her when she asked "Why is there red on the end of your nose?" and we figured things out from there. She was embararrassed, I didn't care, the world kept turning. Never understood why some men are so weird about periods.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i have it on good authority from a wizard that that blood is extremely cursed

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Well, of course the blood was cursed. She was having sex with me, that should have made it obvious there was some sort of curse happening.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I basically don't have them, but when I do they are extremely intense and unbelievably unpleasant. Happens maybe one and a half times a year.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
One time I did go in for a pap smear and the lady was extremely mad that I started menstruating so there was blood on the stick. But I was like, hey, they're not consistent and I actually didn't know before you did. However, it was so thick and brown it look like the filling from the inside of a cinnamon pop tart.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pick posted:

One time I did go in for a pap smear and the lady was extremely mad that I started menstruating so there was blood on the stick. But I was like, hey, they're not consistent and I actually didn't know before you did. However, it was so thick and brown it look like the filling from the inside of a cinnamon pop tart.

That's really cool

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That molasses flow

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I’m pregnant atm and not having periods is incredible!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I just ordered Thinx knockoffs, but haven't had the chance to try them out. They look like they're made of sports jersey fabric and I am not optimistic.

I swapped my Liletta for a Mirena two weeks ago and it turns out Liletta suuuuuuucks.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

remigious posted:

OMG CONGRATULATIONS

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

remigious posted:

This is your first right? Jesus this is genuinely huge news!!!! :toot:

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Spinz posted:

OMG CONGRATULATIONS

Thanks Spinz :D gonna have a little goonlette.
Yep it’s my first and going to be the only!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

remigious posted:

Whoohoo! The next generation of goons rises!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

remigious posted:

Who are you pregnant with

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Who is this child

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

You should name it Logan, works for boy or girl :shrug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

ILY Dead Gay Forum posted:

poo poo, I did. drat menstrual cup made me forget the struggle.

I bought two menstrual cups, one of which size, and I couldn't get either of them in there.

Pick posted:

However, it was so thick and brown it look like the filling from the inside of a cinnamon pop tart.

What causes this? This happens to me every time, for like a week before & after each period. I'm not going to deny that my periods are all the way hosed up though.

remigious posted:

Congratulations, and thank you for keeping the human race going so I don't have to. :) :toot:

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Spinz posted:

You should name it Logan, works for boy or girl :shrug:

I had never heard Logan as a girl’s name before this whole debacle :(

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

remigious posted:

I had never heard Logan as a girl’s name before this whole debacle :(

You know I was joshing ya :love:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
How many shots can you fit into a menstruation cup

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I may be a man, but every time I get real bad hemorrhoids I raise my fist in solidarity with the Sisterhood of Womyn for our shared genital seepings.

We are all connected. Namaste.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
One time Lucy Sweetkill poured frozen-then-thawed period blood in my mouth. It was weird.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I just ordered Thinx knockoffs, but haven't had the chance to try them out. They look like they're made of sports jersey fabric and I am not optimistic.
Have you tried anything like Thinx before? It sounds like a good idea, but the part where you have to wring them out before throwing them in the washer sounds unsavory.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Cool thread. There was a girl in high school that used to talk really frankly about hers to make people super uncomfortable. She exclusively used the phrase "bleeding from my oval office" to describe it.
People do not know what to say to a 16 year old girl who drops that on them lol. Anyway I hope everyone has a decent period and stuff. I like to remind my wife how she's only got so many to go and someday she will be done having periods forever. I don't know if it helps much but hopefully that's not an extremely lovely thing to say for some reason I don't understand as a dude. I guess somebody itt is probably gonna tell me if it is

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

The first time I got my period was rough. Puberty was hard for me, since I hate change and my body was forcing a lot of bullshit on me all at once, which I was not down for.

At one point my mom was trying to comfort me, saying something like “Yeah, it’s just this crappy thing we get to go through once a month, sorry.” Apparently I went super pale and looked at her in horror, responding “I thought it was only once a year!”

Then she had to try not to laugh while I bawled my eyes out.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

curlingiron posted:

The first time I got my period was rough. Puberty was hard for me, since I hate change and my body was forcing a lot of bullshit on me all at once, which I was not down for.

At one point my mom was trying to comfort me, saying something like “Yeah, it’s just this crappy thing we get to go through once a month, sorry.” Apparently I went super pale and looked at her in horror, responding “I thought it was only once a year!”

Then she had to try not to laugh while I bawled my eyes out.

Lol

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
I was in a humanitarian group helping post-Katrina in New Orleans and I distinctly remember a female member of the group coming to my SO at the time in anguish. She had the combined look of witnessing a murder and seeing the ghost of Elvis simultaneously. 500 miles from home, in a city that did not have working electricity and few supermarkets/stores open, her period started two weeks early. Apparently, all the other women of our group were Sisters of the Moon and their hormonal powers persuaded her uterus to join the club. Fortunately for her, the 15 or so women of our group were all very prepared for the blood rains and had ample supply for her to share.

However, her visage at this grim discovery is a moment in time I will remember the rest of my days. (As a non-period-haver, the whole lock-step of periods between multiple women is both fascinating and terrifying to me. Like, do women's brain's just know and go "Yeah, that seems like a good idea" ...? :v:)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
The syncing thing is bullshit. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_synchrony

A lot of things can gently caress up the timing: stress, moving, physical labor, etc. Plus among women who menstruate, ~25% are at any point. Combine all those factors and it might appear to be a thing, but it isn't.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
So when you drop a clot, does it make a popping sound as it leaves your cervix?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

remigious posted:

Have you tried anything like Thinx before? It sounds like a good idea, but the part where you have to wring them out before throwing them in the washer sounds unsavory.

I've been using reusable pads for years because my flow is too light to bother with my Diva cup anymore, so it's no big deal for me. I'm just not sure I trust period panties from AliExpress; I keep thinking I'm going to put them on and realize they just have a layer of Saran Wrap or something.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Jailbrekr posted:

So when you drop a clot, does it make a popping sound as it leaves your cervix?

You ever squeeze out a mostly-empty ketchup bottle? It's just like that.

Moon is a grass
Jan 25, 2020
I’m on my period too a week late after a false start as my mum went into hospital the day I started last week and once we established she was ok this week it came on soft as you like and the minute she got discharged there was a hell lot more discharge out of me.

Menstrual cups are my jam I will talk about how much I love mine to anyone who wants to hear (this is not many people tbf but I appreciate those that do all the more).

Attempting to menstruate this month without binge eating, smoking or rolling around the floor like a mentally ill sack of potatoes and so far I am a success.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Used to have them regularly every year on my birthday. Always the 10th of every month. Got a Nexplanon or whatever after my kid last year and now it just decides to happen whenever. Twice a month, not for 3, who knows until I wipe or wake up with stained sheets. I never get the sore boobs or any warning anymore, just the red sea.

Not pregnant though and I never have cramps, so W/E count it as a win.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
gently caress you tampons with netting and gently caress you whoever had that idea. my ovaries hurt, i long for menopause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Atomic Soda posted:

gently caress you tampons with netting and gently caress you whoever had that idea. my ovaries hurt, i long for menopause.

Don't gently caress those things... come on...