Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
listen here buddy i got me rag and i aint got time for your 'witty' comments oh god why am i crying again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Atomic Soda posted:

listen here buddy i got me rag and i aint got time for your 'witty' comments oh god why am i crying again

Come on...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Don't forget Super Plus.

Man, when I first got my period, I went to my mom and said 'I think I got my period'. She checked the murder scene in the toilet bowl, handed me this huge maxi pad and that was it.

A few days later, I had swim practice and she pulls a box of tampons out of the bathroom closet, sets them down on the counter and tells me 'there's instructions in the box, you'll figure it out', and left me to it.

The only kind she used were o.b. Super Plus. Not a great starter tampon for a first time user on their first period.

My family was... very unhelpful when I hit puberty.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I sent my ex out one time for tampons and he brought home these bladder support things that go in the cooch and are supposed to keep your urethra tighter. They're not very absorbent fyi.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

my sympathies to those of my fellow uterus-havers/ladies whose wombs are currently undergoing their monthly remodeling (like mine)

I’ve never been very happy with this monthly phenomenon, even as I recognize that its occurrence in my own body is generally benign, for the most part (that is, barring the time or two per year I end up with particularly vicious cramps) Perhaps oddly, I found that switching to the cup made my sometime bad cramps slightly less awful, and my more typical cramps close to nonexistent.

say, does anyone else get slightly tight/achy lower back muscles at this time of the month? At the moment I have a mild twinge there, but only on my left side :psyduck:

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Having your period AKA being "on the chunk" aka "throwing blobs"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You always know it's coming because your tits loving hurt

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

the beatles - Amnesiac posted:

I sent my ex out one time for tampons and he brought home these bladder support things that go in the cooch and are supposed to keep your urethra tighter. They're not very absorbent fyi.

Humble brag about your tight urethra 🙄

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

lilbeefer posted:

Bashing butts

ILY Dead Gay Forum
Mar 15, 2019

lilbeefer posted:

Going to try to work both of these into conversation if my period ever shows up.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think they should call it WOMENstruating personally. :viggo:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

SatansOnion posted:

my sympathies to those of my fellow uterus-havers/ladies whose wombs are currently undergoing their monthly remodeling (like mine)

I’ve never been very happy with this monthly phenomenon, even as I recognize that its occurrence in my own body is generally benign, for the most part (that is, barring the time or two per year I end up with particularly vicious cramps) Perhaps oddly, I found that switching to the cup made my sometime bad cramps slightly less awful, and my more typical cramps close to nonexistent.

say, does anyone else get slightly tight/achy lower back muscles at this time of the month? At the moment I have a mild twinge there, but only on my left side :psyduck:

I have scoliosis, so extra back pain was a given every month. I never had much trouble with cramps and my periods were mostly fairly benign and very predictable for decades. Don't miss them, though!

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
the worst thing about periods is the endless stream of poo poo from my rear end in a top hat. I mean periods get the poo poo moving but goddamn you spend a lot of time pooping

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
A few months ago I was having an unusually light flow during one cycle. On day 3, I seemed to have completely dried up, yet I was cramping strongly in a way that I find correlates with a big old clot getting ready to pass. I took a poo poo to get things moving again.

Still nothing, so I took a very hot shower to persuade the downstairs to relax and let things through. I felt movement, and a new presence, but still nothing to see but some pink water. I spread my feet wide and waggled my hips around and pushed like I was still making GBS threads. I felt strong movement and reached down to catch the clot as it emerged. It was the largest I'd ever seen from me, like a mandarin or even apricot. It dissolved in the water as I held it and was washed down the drain.

Aside from a little brown discharge my period ended by the next morning, a full two days early. It was as though I'd had the whole period happen in one go and was pretty awesome except for the agony. Never happened before or since.

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
Also, last month I was loading up a work cart with a bunch of hydrostat motors off a pallet. The bending over and clenching of abs I guess made a great clot come squirting out past the tampon, to overwhelm the liner completely and soak the underpants and drop some on the trouser crotch. Luckily I wear polyester tactical pants to work and it wasn't very obvious, plus it was near end of day.

Thanks for making this topic, the gross stories threads were always one of my favorite parts of this place.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Me again. posted:

A few months ago I was having an unusually light flow during one cycle. On day 3, I seemed to have completely dried up, yet I was cramping strongly in a way that I find correlates with a big old clot getting ready to pass. I took a poo poo to get things moving again.

Still nothing, so I took a very hot shower to persuade the downstairs to relax and let things through. I felt movement, and a new presence, but still nothing to see but some pink water. I spread my feet wide and waggled my hips around and pushed like I was still making GBS threads. I felt strong movement and reached down to catch the clot as it emerged. It was the largest I'd ever seen from me, like a mandarin or even apricot. It dissolved in the water as I held it and was washed down the drain.

Aside from a little brown discharge my period ended by the next morning, a full two days early. It was as though I'd had the whole period happen in one go and was pretty awesome except for the agony. Never happened before or since.

are you 100 sure you did not lay an egg

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I'm in my early 40s now and everything has gone awful, I've had this period for a week now and it's just pouring out of me still and it's so hot here and I'm so loving tired auuuugh. Ugh. Hate. I went to the bathroom earlier and apparently last time I was in there I managed to plant a bloody handprint on the inside of the door so THAT is how my evening is going.

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017

Pick posted:

are you 100 sure you did not lay an egg

Not really, it was weird.

Here, have a nice pic of my recently bleeding eyeball to continue the grossness with blood theme. :)

e: or not, what the heck...

Me again. fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 9, 2020

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

i have PCOS which is a whole bundle of fun on its own but it's just on the one ovary, so I have this fun superpower of knowing which one i'm ovulating from every month because either lovely Ol' Righty hurts like a bitch or it doesn't

also most of the time my periods are fairly mild/quick with just like a day and a half of cramps up top and then not much on the back end, like 4 or 5 days, but every so often like once a year or so I get a cramp so bad that my legs literally give out from under me and i just kinda lie on the ground in excruciating pain for ten minutes or so. i know that's not normal but it's totally unpredictable and doesn't seem to happen with any kind of warning/reasoning like, no difference in the flow or anything, just a weirdly off-the-charts cramp so what do you even do about any of that, especially when 99% of the doctors I go to just stare blankly at me and go "cramps are normal" and then try to talk me into hormonal birth control again

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Sincerely sorry you all have such bad periods! I never realized how lucky I was only getting cramps on the day before and no cravings during menstruation/ pregnancy.

I did get fired from one job relating to it though, as after I got my implant I was bleeding so heavy I was going through a super every hour, and I didn't clock out to go home to change pants, it was upstairs and I was too embarrassed to tell my colleagues. Got shitcanned for being off premises while on the clock.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Grevling posted:

I got some free tampons when I began at university and I've held on to them. I don't know why, I guess I think if I ever have a lady friend or lover have an emergency I will gallantly offer her one of these tampons. So far this has not happened and I suppose it's unlikely it will. I'll have any ladies reading this know they're very fun and colorful.

You can put them in a decorative jar in your bathroom. That way if a visitor needs them they are just there all handy like. Some ladies are uncomfortable talking about their periods and won't ask if you have supplies, so if the location isn't obvious they'll just make a makeshift pad out of a big wad of toilet paper and leave ASAP.

Pretty.

This version includes chocolate. Pro move.

Not sure about this. If they are likely to be there literally for years, a container with a lid will keep them from getting dusty or humid.

LOL there are even companies who sell them in jars for just this purpose.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Who What Now posted:

Do y'all ladies ever pop a squat and try to push it all out at once to get it over with?

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. The uterine lining doesn't liquify all at once.

You know when you go to the dentist and they have that tube that vacuums out all your saliva? Sometimes I really wish I could just jam that in my uterus to get the whole thing over with. Seems like it should be able to scoot right past the cervix.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I have been on bcp for 20 years now. 20 goddamn years, wtf!

it makes your periods pretty much go away though so that's good

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Why do they call it menstruation and not womenstration sounds like more patriarchy imo

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Nooner posted:

Why do they call it menstruation and not womenstration sounds like more patriarchy imo

because it didn't exist until men discovered it and named it after themselves, duh

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. The uterine lining doesn't liquify all at once.

You know when you go to the dentist and they have that tube that vacuums out all your saliva? Sometimes I really wish I could just jam that in my uterus to get the whole thing over with. Seems like it should be able to scoot right past the cervix.

Some people do use one of those little douching bulbs to shoot some water up in there and flush much of it out, I don't know if that messes up all the fungi or whatever.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
holy moly I think hit the spotting stages, I’m out of the chunk city limits :bisonyes: . Next month I get my period right when I scheduled a tattoo of Carrie so ha ha rip teen witch

Also the only time I felt like I had my period in the span of two hours was during my abortion and it was w i l d. I took the pill, had the most inhumane cramps known to man, like I was weeping and couldn’t make it to the toilet, finally somehow got onto the toilet and then the dam loving BROKE. It felt like someone jammed gelatin powder up my vag and the bloody jello was collapsing out, all in like 20-30 min. I didn’t even get off the toilet, I flushed, more embryo jello, wipe, repeat. And then, it was done. And this weird energized wave of relief like post tattoo endorphins and it was so nice, like no other drug. Honestly, I’d rather have my period that way, speedrun menstruation.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
One time after a really long drinking binge I poo poo a bunch of blood, does that count?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My leg muscles get sore right before my period starts. And now that I’m off birth control, I break out like a goddamn teenager too.

Cups are great. Turning my evening shower into a murder scene for a few moments is one of the few joys of having to bleed out of my crotch every month.

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
Gros man

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

Also the only time I felt like I had my period in the span of two hours was during my abortion and it was w i l d.

I knew a lady who did that and was like "I kind of wish this is how my period worked normally" because otherwise she spends like three days hunched over like a cartoon crone with heated blankets strapped to hot pads on her midsection like she's gestating a waterboilers kid.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Dazerbeams posted:

My leg muscles get sore right before my period starts. And now that I’m off birth control, I break out like a goddamn teenager too.

Cups are great. Turning my evening shower into a murder scene for a few moments is one of the few joys of having to bleed out of my crotch every month.

these cup things sound interesting i will investigate. changing birth control has been a goddam nightmare

i also get the leg thing huh.

Nooner posted:

One time after a really long drinking binge I poo poo a bunch of blood, does that count?

we call that a colon i think

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
admittedly it is sort of funny to take a bath and make waves with your legs to let the mighty tempests of poseidon swirl the caked-on blood goop from your gash

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

Pick posted:

admittedly it is sort of funny to take a bath and make waves with your legs to let the mighty tempests of poseidon swirl the caked-on blood goop from your gash

Wtf

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

remigious posted:

I’m pregnant atm and not having periods is incredible!

Mazel Tov!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Facebook Aunt posted:

I know it doesn't work that way, I was just wondering if any of you ever tried.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Pick posted:

You always know it's coming because your tits loving hurt

My tits are loving killing me and I’m about to go spend a week at my boyfriend’s parents’ house, so this means I’ll be getting my period there and I HATE when this happens - having to have period poops on someone else’s toilet and ask them if I can boil my DivaCup in a pot they cook with. They’re super nice about it because they love me, but cramps lay me out for a day and it’s gonna embarrassing going all that way during a pandemic to writhe around moaning for 24 hours.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Getting older has made my period worse. Up until I was 27 or so I had zero PMS or other physical symptoms like cramps. I’d just bleed for a few days and that was it. But now I tend to be more emotional and stressed out over nothing the week beforehand plus I get all bloated and crampy the first day. And my butt will hurt the night before it starts. Which makes it a lot easier to keep track of actually.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Nooner posted:

I'll allow it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lmao period havers are hardcore. Yall just blasting blood out like dragon ball z charged beams and poo poo. I'm picturing everyone itt smearing bloody war paint on their face and giving a bellowing war cry like that dude from Predator who cuts himself across the chest

Big ol clot just leaving a fuckin crater in the dirt, somehow kills yamcha again