Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I literally just started stealing pads from my moms supply and we ~ never ~ talked about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

My mum, uncomfortable with the whole subject, told me that tampons were “not nice”. I had to discover the hard way that a) pads aren’t suitable for a skiing holiday and b) you can’t practise with (secretly bought) tampons when you’re not on your period. I still remember all the blood, discomfort and fear.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
I thought I was dying (I was 13). My mum cried and then took me to get my hair cut and washed.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Pyrtanis posted:

lmao I remember my grandma hugging me and whispering in a tone reserved for condolences at a funeral

"I hear you have... the curse now"

granted she had a series of strokes in her mid 20s that left her with the mentality of a 15 year old but I still lol to this day

That’s amazing :lol:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My mom gave me a big hug and said "awwww you're a woman now!!" which, I was like 11, I hated and still hate but for other reasons

The showed me where the box of pads is and told me to read the instructions on the box lmao

Basically as soon as I got a bus pass I bussed out to the health food store which at the time was the only place to buy a diva cup

I do not miss the diaper rash

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I think my mom's reaction was just "yeah, that'll happen."

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Had a second miscarriage in Jan so I have no clue what my cycles are doing right now, but I'm coming up for something.

I've had anxiety stomach ache all day for no reason. I'm not even anxious, just irritable. :(

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
My period just started and immediately began kicking my rear end. Oh my God it hurts. I'm going home early today, and starting the weekend in bed with a heating pad.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

After having two 40+ day gaps between periods, this one is back to 33 days. Weird. Have basically had right ovary pain since the last period as well. Luckily I've getting an ultrasound next week.

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
New to the Cup life. After the initial boil, what do y'all use to clean it? I have a silicone safe sex toy cleaner...

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Nothing, boiling is sufficient

(diva cup company will try to sell you diva wash because they realized one-time-purchase products don't keep the lights on)

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
Neat-o. Got a Saalt cup. So far, I'm in love. Who knew I could walk around and not feel squishy?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Lol when I first got my period my mom threw a fit and tried to ban me from eating evil western food because she didn't get hers until she was 18. Guess she was relatively normal otherwise because she gave me a box of pads and showed me how to use them??

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I was expecting this one to start yet another week early because my mental state was line for it, but nope. Got two weeks of mental breakdown instead. Now I'm in a ton of physical pain, but at least I'm no longer ready to buy a one way ticket to the other side of the world and ghost everyone in my life anymore.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Which side the cramps are on flipped??

I feel like a bad feminist for canceling plans due to cramps but Jesus christ ow

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 12, 2024

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Killingyouguy! posted:

Which side the cramps are on flipped??

I feel like a bad feminist for canceling plans due to cramps but Jesus christ ow

Would you give someone poo poo for bailing on plans because they had kidney stones? Cramps are loving miserable. None of us asked for this bullshit lmao

My pre-rinse cycle bullshit now apparently includes unnecessary nausea. I spent most of the day in bed on Saturday doing intense reverse hostage negotiations with my stomach. My sweet husband gave me gravol with ginger and it kinda helped but mostly just made me sleepy. I'm trying to not use THC as much but man I'll have to save my allotment for That Time

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Pyrtanis posted:

Would you give someone poo poo for bailing on plans because they had kidney stones? Cramps are loving miserable. None of us asked for this bullshit lmao

No, but noone claims large groups of people are unsuitable for government because of kidney stones lol

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
fwiw cancelling plans to take care of yourself is pretty awesome imo.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Killingyouguy! posted:

No, but noone claims large groups of people are unsuitable for government because of kidney stones lol

ohhhhhhh.... I thought it was plans with friends to go do a lowercase t thing, :ohdear:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

It was plans to lift heavy weights which is praxis if you squint

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Approximately once every two years I get cramps bad enough that I can’t go to work, pale and sweaty and weak in the knees, the whole bit. Most of the time it’s nothing serious, but it’s every two years like clockwork.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I can do anything on my period. I just don't fuckin wanna.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

don longjohns posted:

I can do anything on my period. I just don't fuckin wanna.

New thread title :mods:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I have reported the post which is the best way to get a mod to notice a thread title change :D

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I was on mirena for 10 years and just went off. I had my first period a week or so ago, it was not as bad as I expected, but my skin is SO hosed up now. I'm oily and starting to get pimples and a cyst here and there, even a stupid tiny cut got infected. My hair is grease city. It's worse than when I was a teenager. I can't wait til I get my nexplanon implant later this month.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My cramps are by far the worst on the final day which pisses me off and when you google it, all you get are responses of "there's something really wrong!" Well guess what, I got a lot of loving poo poo wrong with me and doctors don't give a gently caress anyway so what am I supposed to do? Advocate for myself? My primary care doctor just told me a couple of weeks ago that she can't help me with any of my other poo poo that I've been trying to figure out for years, so a new rare menstrual condition is just another thing that's going to be dismissed.

I'd get a new doctor but there aren't any, a ton of medical professionals fled the province thanks to these loving MAGA wannabes running the place and our health care is in complete shambles right now. So I'm just another case of someone with a uterus suffering and being ignored.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Thank you. This gave me warm feelings. It might just be the bloating but I want to believe 😔

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Hormones are loving bullshit why am I so sad

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm not really sure why I haven't had cramps debilitating enough to require Excedrin and/or weed in about a year & a half (it's more of a mild dull bloat, at worst), but I still weirdly feel like my horrible, full-body cramps so bad that even breathing hurts will come back aaaaaany month now and these nice, easygoing periods are just some sort of prank that my body is playing on me.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Found a cup in in the discount section of the supermarket and decided to try it out. Pretty okay! Easier than I expected.

I don't think I'll use it 100% of the time, but the idea of never having to worry about running out of pads again is really nice.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Killingyouguy! posted:

Hormones are loving bullshit why am I so sad

I am sad, but also everybody is being so mean to me. Except for Ben & Jerry. But I'll regret that in a few days because omg the calories. There's literally no winning.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I never could figure out a cup, tried Intimina and Honeypot and I just could not get that thing to stay in. Maybe my cervical growth had something to do with it but not an issue now, other than having two cups with no practical use.

The last few days I had hot flashes and was extra tired but I’m still fuzzy on working out a cycle with one ovary and zero overt symptoms other than (cw poo) bowel issues reminiscent of the period poops of my 30s, although I’ve eaten heavy meals recently too so it could just be my goon diet

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

I've never had the best skin but now that I've been on the pill for a few months it looks like absolute poo poo. I'm like, constantly breaking out and I think it's the only thing people notice about me. I drastically reduced my sugar intake and I got one of those microfibre cloths to clean with but it's still there. Why does skincare stuff have to be so expensive!? I don't have the money to invest in figuring out what routine of cleanser and toner and serums and creams will be juuuuuuust right for my face.

There's a shortage of doctors in my country (lol isn't that everywhere though) so I don't feel right tying up a dermatologist with a complaint like "I look like poo poo" so I am just going to have to try different facial cleaners until I find one that doesn't make me look like poo poo I guess.

Any recommends for a good cleaner that I can get at the drug store? I am not wanting to shell out for fancy Sephora stuff, I just want this bullshit off my face.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Sometimes it can be best to stop trying cleaners and soaps alltogether, especially on your face. It can get into an aggrevation cycle where you're stripping all the oils off it and your body is trying to compensate and it just makes it worse.

My skin always used to go to poo poo before my period too, and I can tell when it's coming on because my lips start to crack. Hormones :argh:

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
The only thing I appreciate about birth control is that it helps reduce my hormonal break outs. My doc just started me back on it, (at age 36, booo) to try and chase down the cause of some chronic pain I've been having. Possibly endometriosis?

And the only benefit thus far is my skin is a bit better.

I also just got my first yeastie in like 3 years, which apparently can be cause by some BC. I will be so loving annoyed if that turns out to be the cause here. I ain't putting up with this poo poo regularly.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I've never had the best skin but now that I've been on the pill for a few months it looks like absolute poo poo. I'm like, constantly breaking out and I think it's the only thing people notice about me. I drastically reduced my sugar intake and I got one of those microfibre cloths to clean with but it's still there. Why does skincare stuff have to be so expensive!? I don't have the money to invest in figuring out what routine of cleanser and toner and serums and creams will be juuuuuuust right for my face.

There's a shortage of doctors in my country (lol isn't that everywhere though) so I don't feel right tying up a dermatologist with a complaint like "I look like poo poo" so I am just going to have to try different facial cleaners until I find one that doesn't make me look like poo poo I guess.

Any recommends for a good cleaner that I can get at the drug store? I am not wanting to shell out for fancy Sephora stuff, I just want this bullshit off my face.

I finally got pissed off enough about acne that I spent £400 on a dermatologist consultation a year ago. Got some suggested products and a prescription for Differin (retinoid cream). The Differin has been a godsend, though I have to apply it daily. No combination of serums or washing method or diet etc ever made a real difference for me, but this has.

Cleanser: Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser by La Roche Posay.
Moisturiser: Tolerance Control Sensitive Skin Cream by Avene.

That's it, just 3 products. Admittedly, I could do with something else to combat my dry cheeks but, effort. The main thing is that my cystic acne is now broadly under control. 20 years of this bullshit!

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Idk if there is still a ‘weird poo poo your partner does’ thread, but I think this anecdote would fit here.

Boyfriend comes up to my office to make sure I take a lunch break when I work from home; gives me a hug, but pulls back with a suspicious look on his face, and says, “do you have cromps? Your cromp area is warm. It’s radiating heat.” Waives hand in a circular motion gesturing to my pelvic region and says, “Cromps.”

The end.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

cromps...

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
You ever start a day just having bled through... everything? Of course you have; we all have. My whole day is poo poo now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

killerwhat posted:

I finally got pissed off enough about acne that I spent £400 on a dermatologist consultation a year ago. Got some suggested products and a prescription for Differin (retinoid cream). The Differin has been a godsend, though I have to apply it daily. No combination of serums or washing method or diet etc ever made a real difference for me, but this has.

Cleanser: Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser by La Roche Posay.
Moisturiser: Tolerance Control Sensitive Skin Cream by Avene.

That's it, just 3 products. Admittedly, I could do with something else to combat my dry cheeks but, effort. The main thing is that my cystic acne is now broadly under control. 20 years of this bullshit!

I'm not even sure if it is acne I have because I don't get the white pus type of zits, just a spread of rough red bumps.

Have you had any side effects from the Differin?