Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Well I got my period tonight! I fly on Saturday. Close call. It should be over by Monday. No misery during the eclipse! Hooray!

Also this should be the last full period ever because my hysterectomy is on May 3rd. Unless I get yet another one a week early. You'd better loving not, you bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Congrats on the yeeterus date! I wish you an uncomplicated and successful surgery and a full, uneventful recovery.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Mentioned in a group chat for the first time like ever about having some bad cramps, get a dude telling me I should talk with my doctor to make sure I don't have endometriosis

:thanks:

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

lol. Bet he was so proud of himself too

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Sirotan posted:

Mentioned in a group chat for the first time like ever about having some bad cramps, get a dude telling me I should talk with my doctor to make sure I don't have endometriosis

:thanks:

Fuckin :lol: I've been talking to my doctor about my cramps since I was 12. Going again at age 36 will surely change things!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

One of my friends is TA'ing for an environmental science/policy class and at the start of the year the students had to make a post identifying an environmental challenge and how to address it. This idiot guy decided his issue was the waste caused by disposable menstrual products and the solution was hysterectomies.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Is everyone in this thread synced to each other's periods now?

You know I *wish* that was a real thing that happened, it'd be so drat convenient. You'd always know exactly when it was coming, you could just go chill with your girls in the red tent.

The cramps are here. It's day 27. Could be today, could be a week from now, who knows! I would like it if it would hold off at least another 24 hours because I have a dental appointment tomorrow goddamn it

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

coronatae posted:

One of my friends is TA'ing for an environmental science/policy class and at the start of the year the students had to make a post identifying an environmental challenge and how to address it. This idiot guy decided his issue was the waste caused by disposable menstrual products and the solution was hysterectomies.

Incredible galaxy brain thinking

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Sirotan posted:

Incredible galaxy brain thinking

Good for solving the ol' overpopulation problem as well but I'm guessing not quite to the extent that the galaxy brained man intended

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

He can take it up with all the medical professionals who refuse to perform hysterectomies on anyone who requests them for all the loving stupid reasons they always come up with.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

coronatae posted:

To be fair, it would solve a lot of problems like overpopulation. Or, you know, we could snip men and that means we don't need so many diapers?

I remember a coworker who complained nonstop when his wife had her period, because his libido wouldn't stop for a week. He was trying to persuade her to get a hysterectomy because he didn't want needles near his dick. They were both very child-free.

He finally got snipped. And now that's part of his personality, telling men and women alike how great it is to be able to spray all over and never have to worry about kids, like ever.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

The kid also included some math about the number of children a man could theoretically sire in a lifetime and had vasectomies as another recommendation but something about citing menstrual products as the great evil of all pollution had me :psyduck:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

coronatae posted:

The kid also included some math about the number of children a man could theoretically sire in a lifetime and had vasectomies as another recommendation but something about citing menstrual products as the great evil of all pollution had me :psyduck:

wouldn't the answer be: as many fertile women he can have sex with? I mean that is a big number, especially if you go biotruths about consent.

I still am fascinated by people who think tampons give women sexual pleasure. Men, does anything that touches your dick bring you sexual pleasure? Including a kick with cleats?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Not only am I having a cycle from hell this month, I have developed a UTI as well. God dammit. Naturally I was planning to travel for the eclipse tomorrow and be in the middle of nowhere all day long.

Blaming all this poo poo on the goddamn moon

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I found the exact thing the kid wrote, so here it is in all its verbatim glory

quote:

Get your uterus removed to reduce the use of menstual products to minimize pollution. It also contribites to population control and less world hunger and poverty.
Vasectamies
Theoretically, men could produce approximately 270 babies during the time that a woman could produce 1 baby. In this line of thinking, vasectamies could contribute even further to population control, thus, less world hunger and poverty.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kid is an idiot. The trouble with neutering the males is that it only takes one to fertilize dozens of females. In cats. I assume humans work the same way.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I just started what might be my last full period for a while. I'm getting a Mirena installed while they're checking a polyp. I also had/have a ovarian cyst that was hurting, but I think it dissolved or something. I have a new gyno and I really like her.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Maigius posted:

I just started what might be my last full period for a while. I'm getting a Mirena installed while they're checking a polyp. I also had/have a ovarian cyst that was hurting, but I think it dissolved or something. I have a new gyno and I really like her.

I hope you love your mirena. I loved mine. Husband didn't care for them so much.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Roleplaying Dad posted:

I hope you love your mirena. I loved mine. Husband didn't care for them so much.

The first Mirena I had stopped my bleeding dead within a month. The second one didn't really do so and the third I had installed two and a half months later because the other had to be removed to do biopsies didn't either. Maybe Canadian Mirena isn't the same as US ones?

Anyhow my husband said he can kinda feel the string sometimes but it doesn't bother him, the spontaneous no barrier sex on demand far outweighs that. What bugged your husband about it, if I may ask?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I have paragard and my dr wanted me to try mirena to see if it would help my ovarian cyst-uation and it just made me depressed (all hormonal birth control does) and i just spotted constantly. Went back to paragard 3 months later.

Everyone reacts differently. Bodies wildly vary.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I think my suspected UTI is actually an ovarian cyst, which if I have had them before I've never noticed. I am not having to pee constantly anymore but now I've got this dull ache in my side/back. Highly annoyed bc I did this virtual visit to get antibiotics for the UTI late Sunday night because I was traveling early Monday for the eclipse, felt better Monday so decided to wait to take the ABs if I didn't need them, then worse Tuesday. Went to an urgent care to get a urine test done because I did not want to take antibiotics if it was not necessary, the provider was like "just start the antibiotics now and we'll let you know if the culture comes back as something resistant". Started the antibiotics on Tuesday and the test results just came back in, and they are negative. :mad:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Why not?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I'm spotting less than a week after my period. Is this perimenopause? Have I begun the beginning of The Change?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I'm spotting less than a week after my period. Is this perimenopause? Have I begun the beginning of The Change?

Even my shortest perimenopausal cycle didn't get *that* short. I think 18 days is my record, day 1 period to day 1 next period.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

HopperUK posted:

Even my shortest perimenopausal cycle didn't get *that* short. I think 18 days is my record, day 1 period to day 1 next period.

Well, shoot. Maybe it's a UTI? It's a call to the doctor's tomorrow, either way

Edit: I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow.

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 12, 2024

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Pyrtanis posted:

Anyhow my husband said he can kinda feel the string sometimes but it doesn't bother him, the spontaneous no barrier sex on demand far outweighs that. What bugged your husband about it, if I may ask?

It was the strings. He called the device my "pokey thingy".

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Used to have a Jaydess and my husband would joke about being tempted to pull at the string like I was Woody from Toy Story

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

First time after having my Kylena inserted, my partner was uncomfortable with it poking, but since then, no complaints. I wish I’d gotten an IUD sooner!!!!

All the docs telling me not to switch off BC pills with basically if it ain’t broke don’t fix it attitude. Meanwhile I’m like ‘I’m gaining weight, I still have a tidal wave heavy period, I’m depressed, have zero libido, and I still have to take separate migraine medicine.’ How is that not broke?
Then there was a year of indecision when they finally agreed I could get an IUD after I read all of these horror stories. Most of those experiences could’ve been much less traumatic if the GYNs had listened to the patients suffering; since I’d gone through years of doctors dismissing my needs, I felt vulnerable to the same problems.

TLDR:
Women’s health in the US is hosed up.
But, yay IUD since April 2021 :sparkles:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Once again I am crying thinking about growing up going to punk shows in the basement of the community centre

The surest sign it's any day now

Blackmore
Dec 28, 2012

Catch the Rainbow
I'm not currently on mine right now, but I picked up lexapro yesterday again for the first time in like half a year and it gave me the craziest night sweats I've ever had. Uncomfortable, clammy, fan and AC on etc. You menopausal guys just deal with this? All the time? I'm gonna have to deal with it when I start menopause? Hell on earth. (I've got some Vitamin E on the way to hopefully help that.)

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I get hellacious night sweats without being menopausal :kamina:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Roleplaying Dad posted:

It was the strings. He called the device my "pokey thingy".

I got lucky, my strings softened and they usually just wrap around on my cervix, or so the box doc said last time I was in the stirrups. I've told my husband that if for whatever reason IUDs are a no go he's getting the snip :yeeclaw:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

IUDs freak me out so much I'm glad I said nope to the fallope

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My first one stayed pokey the entire time I had it, my husband would jab himself sometimes and he's kind of a sensitive person (in the kittens are so cute they make him cry way, not the toxic masculinity and insecure way) and it kind of freaked him out because he was reminded I had this 'thing' embedded in me and it made him sad that life had to be difficult for me.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

coronatae posted:

I get hellacious night sweats without being menopausal :kamina:

lol same. every period I absolutely sweat through my clothes and sheets. Either menopause will be a breeze for me because its all be done or I will somehow have everything so much worse.

Blackmore
Dec 28, 2012

Catch the Rainbow
My sympathies. I've always been on the warm side but this was brand new to me and quite frankly, rather unpleasant!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Well, the doctor wasn't sure if I have a UTI, but she gave me a script for antibiotics while we wait on the lab results. So now I'm pooing a lot and staying close to home this weekend

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Just had a week off work. Going back tomorrow. Guess what just arrived! Day 33. Motherfucker.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HopperUK posted:

I have reported the post which is the best way to get a mod to notice a thread title change :D

:ssh: don't spoil the secret technique!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I'm gonna leak the mod forum! Chaos reigns!