Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting

YeahTubaMike posted:

Is anyone in this thread going through perimenopause? If so, when did it start?

I’m way behind in this thread but this is me right now and it’s awful.

I’ve been so lucky in my life to have been really healthy up to this point and now every day I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck. I just went for my yearly checkup yesterday and burst into tears in the office :( I never cry in front of people so this is way out of control for me.

Getting put on some hormones so hopefully that helps.

I’ve been feeling lovely for about 6 months or so, hot and cold, can’t sleep, depressed and emotional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I was a pad girl because my mom was adamant that no daughter of hers would be shoving things up her vagina. Anyway, I had no clue about how to use tampons so of course I started my period at a bar at 1am and my friend only had tampons. The night ended with her laughing hysterically outside of the bathroom stall while trying to explain to slightly drunk me how to work the thing.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I’m pre menopausal and hadn’t had a period besides some spotting in almost a year until a couple of days ago. I forgot how much these things suck!

On the plus side I’m on an estrogen patch and progesterone pills and let me tell you, I feel so much better. I was a sobbing sweaty mess for months before I got meds.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I'm older and didn't have a period for almost a year but now they've started back up with a vengeance. A heavy period every 2 weeks for the last 2 months! I thought I was free.