Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I am so done with hormonal birth control. Been on it nearly non-stop since 1999, have had Mirena since 2009. And now I'm worried about being one of those sad sacks who developed autoimmune disorders from BC, because I've had undiagnosable and totally random symptoms since 2016 that just keep getting worse and have completely destroyed my life.

My other big fear is I had an abortion in 2002 when I was temporarily off BC, and something seemed to have gone wrong because I vaguely remember there being a problem in the operating room, and every period between that and getting my first IUD was so heavy it was making me sick. Like, filling a super absorbent tampon in 30 minutes heavy. So I don't want to just go completely au naturel because that would be a disaster too.

So next week I'm going to ask my doctor for a hysterectomy. I'm terrified they'll try to argue, but I'm in my 40s and neither my husband (who I've been with since '99) nor I have ever wanted kids, and we certainly don't now.

I already have dangerously heavy periods so the copper IUD is a no-go, hormones gently caress me up, I just want to yeet this cursed organ into oblivion and never have to worry about it again.

But now that I'm worried about the IUD negatively affecting me, I'm pretty much on the verge of a panic attack whenever I think about it. I'm tempted to call around some walk-in clinics and ask if they'll just take it out before my appointment on Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

That could possibly happen to me going off hormones. I really won't know until I try. Either way, I want the IUD out ASAP so I can stop freaking out about it, and it will be many months before any surgery if I get it. Which I drat well better. I WILL go full Karen mode about it if I need to.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm annoyed as heck that gynecologists have a month long waiting list here, and it's a phone consultation for the first meeting. I'm super tempted to just call random walk-in clinics to see if they'll take my IUD out. When I start to worry that something isn't right, I tend to obsessively spiral until I can fix it. My poor husband is trying to keep me calm when I start going off about how I can't handle it, that since I've had IUDs for more than half my adult life, a couple more months won't affect anything and I'm going to be okay. But I get so goddamn stuck in my head and just want it gone. Like when you hallucinate that there's bugs burrowing into your skin and you need to violently scratch incessantly until you believe they're gone, even though they were never there in the first place.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Nettle Soup posted:

My tits hurt so much that even my partner touching me gently or the dog brushing up against me hurts. :(

My cat LOVES to stand on my chest to wake me up, because between this and the fact my ribs are frequently in pain from connective tissue problems, it usually works extremely well.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My referral to plead my case for a hysterectomy went through, my appointment is in early October. I'm terrified they'll think they know what's better for me than I do though. I'm going to need to practice my points like I'm going into a debate tournament.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Uuuuuugh I'm worried about my upcoming appointment. I had a phone consult and explained I wanted a hysterectomy because I have insane periods plus zero desire for pregnancy, and she was already dragging her feet saying "we usually do ablation for period problems". Okay, and what about the sterilization part? Seriously, just yank all the bits out so it's over and done with right from the start. I don't need poo poo dragged out over time.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My IUD is gone. I'm really hoping it was a source of some of my medical issues, although I also don't because it would suck that that's even a thing that can happen. I'm actually fully medication-free now for the first time since 1999. It's also going to be really weird having to use period products for the first time in over a decade.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Wow goddamn the cramping is vicious, my IBS is going haywire, and my fatigue is through the roof. It's only been a day. I'm reading Mirena crash reports and apparently the next few weeks might get seriously rough due to my body not knowing how to produce its own hormones anymore. Definitely going to be taking it easy for a while.

And I'm still going through SSRI withdrawal to boot. I question my decision-making skills sometimes.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I saw the gyno today to ask for a hysterectomy, and they AGREED.

I barely even had to plead my case! I'm thrilled it was so easy. I was terrified.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I forgot how extreme my hormonal rollercoaster was because it was under control for so long until now.

I'm so unbelievably sad. Haven't felt this level of heartache and anguish over nothing in over a decade. And I have no idea what to do about it other than ride it out.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Over 5 weeks since the IUD get yeeted and I have yet to shed a single drop. I fully expect it to happen next Tuesday, because I'm traveling overnight to a different city to see Depeche Mode.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Goddamn, I got it today. First time in over a decade. And it went immediately back into super heavy, like I expected. I got out of bed and within seconds, the insides of my thighs were covered in blood almost down to my knees. I had to shower to clean up.

At least I've got my hysterectomy date, but it's not until May.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

LividLiquid posted:

Oof. That's a wait.

True, but I requested it. It could have been in mid- to late March, but I'm traveling for the eclipse on April 8 and I don't want to be dealing with recovery during that kind of event. And then the surgeon is on holidays in late April.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

LividLiquid posted:

Forgive me if this is too personal, but are you Pagan?

Oh, no, not in the slightest, I'm literally just going to Mexico to watch my first total solar eclipse because we can't see it here and it's a good excuse to go back to Mexico. But it's going to be stressful and hectic enough that recovering from an elective surgery at the same time would be a really dumb idea.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Kind of annoyed how much my period and just the idea of being fertile triggered my gender dysphoria, it hasn't been that bad in a long while. I don't really hate having a female body, but I hate it doing female things and acting all reproductive. Gross.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Mine did that, but it was also my first in like 15 years, so I didn't know what to think or attribute it to.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I had my first transvaginal ultrasound today, hopefully the last. It was for my hysterectomy.

I know that for most people it doesn't hurt, but for me, it sure did. I think I have an overly sensitive cervix. My IUD procedures were so painful I can't even put it into words. Edge of losing consciousness, vomiting, and I know I'm tough against pain with all the crazy injuries and accidents I've had in my life. Cervix pain, however? Stabbing me and twisting the knife would hurt less.

I spent half the day with significant cramping afterwards. It's lightened up quite a lot now thankfully.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I don't care if it's weird to say: I hope you get a tooth out of it too! Best of luck!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

😭🎄🩸Merry Crampmas🩸🎄😭

Is what I'm saying to myself because they're SO BAD today. I feel a little silly because I've been whining about it to my husband a lot, and it's making me feel like a complainy baby since this is normal and I should be used to it.

Except that I'm totally NOT used to it thanks to the two Mirenas I've gone through, so I'm trying to not be so hard on myself for bitching about it the first few times they start happening again.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Newly invisible hairs are the bane of my existence.

Also I don't know why I bought regular tampons. Part of me kind of hoped I gave myself time to heal or something, that after all this time the flow wouldn't be so extreme. They're leaking after a freaking hour. I'm such an idiot. Tomorrow it's super plus time again. Can't wait to get rid of this useless piece of junk they call an organ. Fifth last period ever.

SulfurMonoxideCute fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 15, 2023

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

That's been happening to me since quitting birth control, it was never like that before.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'd say the strangest thing that happened since quitting birth control is 100% losing my appetite. I never feel hungry ever, and I have to force myself to eat. It's been over 3 months now, and it hasn't changed. I had a small meal almost 7 hours ago and I'm still full.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Why the gently caress did it have to show up a week early, I wanted to have a not miserable 25 year anniversary with my husband on Monday
:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

gently caress YOU!!!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

These stupid hormones are really messing with my hypermobility issues today, I'm in so much pain everywhere. Being conscious is overrated.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I feel like my left ovary is trying to rip itself apart. It seems too early in the cycle to start with anything though, but also since I've only been off BC for a short while, things could happen at anytime? Hopefully. Because anything else causing that pain would probably be much worse.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

A week early again! Knock it the gently caress off!!!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Worst cramps so far today, I've barely left bed. 3 months until surgery. At least my husband is a rad dude, he's been very sympathetic and brings me treats.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I didn't tell anyone for over a year thanks to gender dysphoria and not having a close or trusting relationship with anyone in my lovely family. They think it didn't happen until I was 14, but I was actually 12. It wasn't easy trying to have a period in totally secrecy in a tiny duplex, but I managed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I was expecting this one to start yet another week early because my mental state was line for it, but nope. Got two weeks of mental breakdown instead. Now I'm in a ton of physical pain, but at least I'm no longer ready to buy a one way ticket to the other side of the world and ghost everyone in my life anymore.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My cramps are by far the worst on the final day which pisses me off and when you google it, all you get are responses of "there's something really wrong!" Well guess what, I got a lot of loving poo poo wrong with me and doctors don't give a gently caress anyway so what am I supposed to do? Advocate for myself? My primary care doctor just told me a couple of weeks ago that she can't help me with any of my other poo poo that I've been trying to figure out for years, so a new rare menstrual condition is just another thing that's going to be dismissed.

I'd get a new doctor but there aren't any, a ton of medical professionals fled the province thanks to these loving MAGA wannabes running the place and our health care is in complete shambles right now. So I'm just another case of someone with a uterus suffering and being ignored.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm terrified I'll be on my loving period while I'm travelling for my first ever solar eclipse and I wish I could induce it early.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Well I got my period tonight! I fly on Saturday. Close call. It should be over by Monday. No misery during the eclipse! Hooray!

Also this should be the last full period ever because my hysterectomy is on May 3rd. Unless I get yet another one a week early. You'd better loving not, you bitch.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

He can take it up with all the medical professionals who refuse to perform hysterectomies on anyone who requests them for all the loving stupid reasons they always come up with.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My first one stayed pokey the entire time I had it, my husband would jab himself sometimes and he's kind of a sensitive person (in the kittens are so cute they make him cry way, not the toxic masculinity and insecure way) and it kind of freaked him out because he was reminded I had this 'thing' embedded in me and it made him sad that life had to be difficult for me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Well my hysterectomy is in 12 hours. Wish me luck!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Hello all! Very well, the surgery was "beautiful" as the surgeon said. Well below average blood loss, haven't bled since, it's been like 6 hours. I'm feeling normal aside from gas pain. Glad that dumb organ is gone forever :toot:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It's going exceptionally well, I'm choosing to be discharged within the hour because I feel completely normal except for a ton of gas pain. I know a few people who said I should fight to stay longer because "they always wheel you out the door too early", but honestly I don't feel I need to. I've seen like 3 drops of blood in the last 7 hours, I'm eating fine, I'm peeing fine, everything is fine. My surgeon saw me walking around totally normally and commented how amazing it was. Just a ton of farting lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My poor little kitties are really mad at me because I won't let them sit on my belly and cuddle