Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Used to have them regularly every year on my birthday. Always the 10th of every month. Got a Nexplanon or whatever after my kid last year and now it just decides to happen whenever. Twice a month, not for 3, who knows until I wipe or wake up with stained sheets. I never get the sore boobs or any warning anymore, just the red sea.

Not pregnant though and I never have cramps, so W/E count it as a win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I sent my ex out one time for tampons and he brought home these bladder support things that go in the cooch and are supposed to keep your urethra tighter. They're not very absorbent fyi.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Sincerely sorry you all have such bad periods! I never realized how lucky I was only getting cramps on the day before and no cravings during menstruation/ pregnancy.

I did get fired from one job relating to it though, as after I got my implant I was bleeding so heavy I was going through a super every hour, and I didn't clock out to go home to change pants, it was upstairs and I was too embarrassed to tell my colleagues. Got shitcanned for being off premises while on the clock.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm 33 and I feel all the pain now. I used to have regular periods, no pain, no pressure.

Now it's spotting some days, bleeding like a stuck pig the next for over a week.

I'm hot and cold all at the same time. I look like a maniac trying to get my homeostasis together. Do I need to bring a hoodie, no that's too hot. Maybe a Tshirt. Nope, too cold.

Doctor said I'm all clear and might be going through early menopause.

That makes sense, I've had 2 kids.

Getting ready to just be a grumpy old bitch.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Ralph Crammed In posted:

That's pretty early for early menopause. How long ago did you have your last kid and/or stop breastfeeding? My period changed a lot once I stopped breastfeeding.

She's 4 now.

I also got shingles when I was 16 and doctors said 'huh, that usually doesn't happen until you're older...'

I may just be a genetic anomaly

Treecko fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 27, 2023

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Whoa, exact same here, my son is 4 and I also had shingles in high school.

Are you on birth control?

I used nexplanon after my daughter's birth, but it's been taken out for over a year.

My cycle just really never went back to normal, I don't know if the extra hormones hosed me up or if it's just how I am.

Condoms are OK, but they smell so bad it ruins the mood when we use them. They smell like burning rubber to me.

I just want to have sex with my husband, my body blows. If it's early menopause, I'll take it, no worries about getting pregnant again.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Sirotan posted:

Tell him to get a vasectomy. :)

He's looking into it! He doesn't mind getting one, we've talked about it. Just gotta find the right time, between work and kids, he'll need a bit of recovery time.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I get mean sometimes. I can't tell if I want a warm cup of tea, blanket and cuddle, or if I need you to GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME.

It sucks I don't want to be mean.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Yay, I've got my period and a bruised tailbone, gonna be a good week for me

Oof, been there.

I know it's stereotypical but I binge on dark chocolate. Like, the 90% type.

A Snickers works in a pinch though.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Time to eat all the chocolate in sight and live in a warm cozy sweater

Warm ginger tea helped me, might be worth a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
If anyone questions my bathroom time I just say I have a heavy flow this week.

It does smell. I can smell it. It doesn't smell bad per say...one of the few uses of that phrase. Wipe as mutch as you can, it's still there.

It smells like struck iron, metallic, when your wrench slips. Hard to explain.

I never had PMS before the implant.

Yaknow how some people try to compare period cramps to getting kicked in the balls? I never thought that was a fair phrase.

It's like you have dihoreah and your guts all cramp at once. Bathroom now, please and thank you later.