Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Anyone have a good recommendation for the diva cup wash? One part lol branded soap and another that it has orange oil in it and I'm allergic. I was wondering why my periods were so itchy....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Killingyouguy! posted:

ngl i just boil it in water for a few minutes

Aren't you supposed to clean it every time you change it?

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I rinse my cup under the bathtub tap, I think I'd have to get a pressure washer to get known-allergen-for-me orange off of the drat thing. My knees/elbows were itchy, not the bits.

Yeah, this is one part why I started to clean it with soap after every use. I avoided using tampons for TSS and comfort reasons, and once I heard about TSS in cup users I got more cautious. I used to be a rinse person before then.

Cleaning with hand soap, or only rising gave me labia pimples, too. blegh. They stopped once I started with the regular cup cleanings, too. I'd always wash my hands before a change, as well.
I tend to have really sensitive skin (most skincare stings, wooo) so its not surprising.

Thankya. Will have to find the Canadian equivalent (thanks target :canada:) but now I know the search terms.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Killingyouguy! posted:

Aaaaaaa? Aaaaaaaaa

it was super gross and hurty, but I get told by a doctor to switch up my hygiene regimen before suspecting anything worse. They're gone now!

But my skin, and mucous membranes in this case, are just kind of capricious with some common products. :shrug:

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Got some generic feminine wash for the cup and it worked SO MUCH BETTER than the stupid branded diva wash. Clean cup, coochie pimple and urticaria free period that still wiped me out completely on friday so I barely had the energy to get a haircut. Hate having to plan around "sitting in a chair for 1.5 hours" as a stress on the drat system and being relieved that I could sleep for 12 hours the next day.

Hatehatehate that from all of that I'm glad I didn't have to get a blood transfusion like my friend did, from her period.

What I'd give to get a spacefuture where periods are removed and its easy with few side effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Is the (le) cromp thing from the statue of liberty in Big Mouth?