Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I haven't had a period in a year thanks to my iud. Not having a period is the coolest thing I have ever done. I got two more years of being constantly not bleeding and then I am getting a new one shoved right up there.

gently caress you, mother nature, eat science bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Copper 3 year. I know a lot of women have bad reactions to iuds, but it worked for my sister and I really well. I will say that the day after I got it put in it felt like it was trying to burrow out of me. But since then it's been hunky dory.

Sorry you got a bad rap there, tw. Also, hey, it's been a while.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Spanish Inquisition posted:

also ever since this pandemic poo poo popped off, my PMS depression has really ramped up. anyone else? for once whole week once a month i want to die and then i usually get into a fight with my boyfriend, and i don't know if either of us can take this much longer :angel:

This has been a struggle for me as well. I know I am lucky to not be getting periods lately but I still pms and I am one of those people who doesn't keep track of my period so sometimes I have to be like, am I actually mad/sad/lazy or am I just pmsing? This has been exacerbated by the pandemic and I can feel myself sinking into old habits and thought patterns. It sucks! I wish you well.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
https://twitter.com/coochieflop/status/1292176047283277828?s=19

Also "diva cup" sounds like the name of the cup Reese Witherspoon has in Legally Blonde 2

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The crackling rage is stored in the balls

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Can we get off balls and dive back into vaginas in the period thread?

Good period things: get out of things if the person in charge (teacher, boss, coach, Dom) is a dude.

Bad period things: having to walk around with a full pad in the summer. Just terrible. Real bad stuff.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
At least 1000

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Jose posted:

Idk where your username comes from but it's fun to say

Name change thread a few years ago. It is fun to say, I got lucky.

https://twitter.com/nonfatmilky/status/1292300338377220098?s=19

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Period poops or cryarreah

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Last night I watched a documentary on Netflix about seeing eye dogs and ate pumpkin seeds while holding a heating pad to my back. Between joy tears, back sweat and pum seeds it was like sitting in a comfortable salt mine. Thanks mother nature!

But seriously, thanks for inventing weed. That was a nice thing to do.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

It works for man flu as well.

what is man flu? do i need to get my husband vaccinated?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Ok but what if that vaccines cure his autism? I really can't afford that right now! Are there any holistic approaches to man flu?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Men are fart, op

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I think it's the implication that they are buying the tampons for their own bleeding vaginas and that's embarrassing/emasculating.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Strumpie posted:

i have a serious question.
is there anything in particular a boyfriend/husband can do that actually helps make the experience more bearable?

none of my partners have had problematic periods, so i've never really been called upon.

It's tough because what works for one person might be what another person absolutely hates, but it's a good idea to have a heating pad around the house. Maybe offer a lower back massage, or to get a favorite meal/snack. I think probably the best advice is to just listen and read body language as best you can.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Barudak posted:

A treatment for "your vaginal walls got wrecked by the child you gave birth to who will never fully appreciate this suffering" is basically a massive electroshock dildo with inflatable pump and the entire time I played with it that loving pump it up jingle from the chris rock snl sketch played in my mind.

Get out of here Chris, everybody hates you!

Lmao I also would like to know more please.

Also if you think period poops are bad try the first poo poo after giving birth. Oh also you had an episiotomy. It will break you.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

$230 for a dildorp to have orgasms while you tone and tighten your pelvic floor? And it's not even Girl Pink®?? Bust

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
You ever have such bad cramps while bleeding that you go pee and suddenly you have to puke and you puke on your blood and pee a bit before you can flush?

I call that Satan's strawberry lemonade

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Metaline posted:

Just love a post-period yeast infection!

that's rough! gotta press the reset button on that one.

I think this thread summon periods or something. After not having any bleeding for over a year two days ago I got some light spotting. It was kind of nice, like seeing an old friend who moved away. During this pandemic it's important to stay connected.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Doctor Faustine posted:

I think there is something broken inside me because even with a copper IUD my periods usually aren’t bad and sometimes are almost kinda good (especially for the laxative effect 10/10) but oh my god the week around when I ovulate makes me want to loving die. My whole pelvis feels swollen and disgusting and I have to pee like every 30 minutes and I think I’m allergic to my own cervical mucus or something because my whole vag just feels like a tube of discomfort even though as far as I can tell I don’t get any kind of infection. Having an orgasm makes things feel better for a little bit but that’s about all I can do for relief.

"tube of discomfort" is a great way to put it. understated.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

"Pill Poppin'
Penis Lovin'
Satan's Girl"

It might be time to replace "airy tender puffs"

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Just stay horny all the time and your life will go great

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Bismuth posted:

I mean I am horny 24/7 but it absolutely gets worse when ovulating, and annoyingly on my period. I know you can get freaky on the rag but its too gross for me so I just suffer in horny silence

You don't even strum your own guitar?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Bismuth posted:

Not on my period, im a lil bitch

Praying 4 u

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Elentor posted:

I'm so loving flat that even when my boobs are sore I could still be used as a template for flat-earthers.

I just look at it and ask my body "why, why do you even bother"

Lmao!

The worst is when you are late and you get a glob. Give me the blood dammit! I don't want to be pregnant! Glob dammit

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Goobish posted:

Im a trans man quitting my testosterone (for multiple reasons) and fully expecting to have a period return in the next few months. I realized that ill have to rethink my underwear choices if I'm going to use pads or liners at all. All I have are boxers now lol.

Ya gotta get boxer briefs my man! Make your rear end look good while you bleed into a secure pad. Now that's living.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Satan bless you

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

kntfkr posted:

I had to replace paper towels down my shorts for the train ride home. It was frightening.

We have all been there, bleeder. That sounds hard.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Give it up for them medium naturals woot woot

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

CherryCat posted:

Today I popped out a clot the size of a grape, I was both proud and disgusted with myself.

Well they don't call you cherry cat for no reason.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
i hear there is great cervix at Aunt Flo's. try the eggs!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

My period is all the way back for some reason. Like, ALL the way back. No weird ambiguous spotting or anything. Back to super tampon use. :unsmigghh:

Did you see a spider or get spooked in any way?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

The instruction booklet for the cup says to not leave it in for more than 12 hours, but has anyone had a negative experience ignoring that?

Never had a cup but I know you gotta let her breathe. If not she gets mad and kills you.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
the cask of mymoundtillado

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, I heard 2 tablespoons back in the day. I think I figured it out though. It is possible that no matter how much menstrual fluid you lose, only a tablespoon or two of that is regular circulating blood. Like when you shed the uterine lining that leaves some capillaries at loose ends and a tiny bit of regular blood leaks out of the circulatory system. The liquified uterine lining itself isn't exactly blood. Menstrual fluid also contains mucus, anticoagulant, and probably various goos I can't remember at the moment. Fluid produced does not equal blood lost.

Why would the small amount of regular circulating blood lost be worth mentioning at all? Just a guess, but I bet it's that whole "thing that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die" meme. They want to reassure 14 year olds that you're not going to lose a dangerous amount of blood and randomly die of anemia one month. That would be hemorrhaging, not menstruating.

I am totally pulling this out of my rear end, but it seems like a reasonable way the misleading 1-2 tablespoons factoid could have gotten started.

I think you are right!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

teen witch posted:

I’m passing at least a juicy juice box’s worth rn

100% juice for 0% kids

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Ma'am your vagina is without honor. Him being a liar and ingrate, I have challenged him to a duel of pistols and will mount it in my trophy room

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

HIJK posted:

It is here. I’ve had a lot of metamucil to prepare

Satan bless you in your blood days

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

a pussy so dry, ben shapiro will cry (tears of cum from his penis)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I need hot as I can stand baths to feel nice again.