Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My leg muscles get sore right before my period starts. And now that I’m off birth control, I break out like a goddamn teenager too.

Cups are great. Turning my evening shower into a murder scene for a few moments is one of the few joys of having to bleed out of my crotch every month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

teen witch posted:

Ok please take me through menstrual cups as I feel like I could wing it but I’m so afraid of one wrong move and like, gallons shooting out at me somehow pressurized

You fold it up, shove it in, and then it expands inside of you in the general location of where it should be. I squeeze a bit as I do a rotation to help create a seal. It'll look like spotting if it's not in properly but I don't think it could ever get to pants-ruining levels even if left alone for a whole day. It won't pop out on it's own even if you're straining on the toilet. But I'll give a quick readjustment if I'm feeling particularly nervous. Not having something drying you out or chafing against your skin has been a serious blessing.

I bought a dedicated cup sterilizer because I cringe at the thought of using my cooking utensils or dishwasher to clean it.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Now that I’m off birth control, I have been spotting a few days before my period and it’s annoying the gently caress out of me. How long is it supposed to take for my body to rebalance itself? Is this my new normal?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I have become the Blood Queen once more. Witness me, sisters. I shall wear a ratty old pair of my husband's boxers to mark the occasion. Not that I've got any issues with spotting once I've got the cup in but because of just the chance of bleeding through my underwear onto the bed sheets sounds goddamn awful.

Now to be emotionally needy while alternating between melancholy and abrasive for the next few days. Being left alone sounds miserable to me, and I'm really happy my husband is super understanding of how erratic I get. Going off birth control has definitely ramped up the mood swings though. I'm dreading what will happen during pregnancy.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I think I preferred NuvaRing over the pill, but it was constantly shifting and needing to be readjusted.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I'm shocked that more women aren't hard "no male doctors" whenever the option is available. My mom started me off that way and while all medical professionals are a roulette of being taken seriously or getting shrugged off, I feel the odds are better if I start off with someone who has at least suffered some of the same poo poo I have.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Who doesn't love a hole that is constantly spitting out a variety of fluids at any given time?

Gotta say, menopause doesn't sound like a cure so much as a terrifying new existence to suffer. So maybe you're the lucky one.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Fuuuuuuck, I had forgotten how much cramps suck.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I'm imagining a bloody stick of chapstick and I can't stop snickering.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

One weird twisting angle and your cooter would burst open like the floodgates of Hell.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Would that be more or less convenient than how they work currently?

E: that's an honest question.

That’s exactly how the cups work. When it functions as intended, it’s pretty drat great.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

Okay, I have to ask -- how are pap smears SUPPOSED to feel? Because every time I've had a pap smear, I literally haven't felt anything. Do I have a numb cervix or something? Is such a thing possible? :psyduck:

For me, it’s a brief and mild stabbing cramp pain that fades pretty quickly even though the preemptive dread still lingers.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I’m pretty regular, except this time I started my bleed on Sunday night and then not a drop after that. What the gently caress body. You better not be holding back the bloodgates until Saturday.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Can this thread become a catch all for all female problems? Because it’s been a raw loving deal for me right about now.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Sorry, I didn't mean to make anyone excited because my problems are extremely humdrum. I'm just crying on the toilet because on top of a week's worth of work being a complete waste and trying to get pregnant, I got a UTI.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

We are syncing too powerfully in here.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My legs get incredibly itchy if I don’t shave semi regularly.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I started taking raspberry leaf at the beginning of my cycle and my usual 5 day period turned into spotting immediately after 2 days of moderate bleeding.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

We don't have to deal with our periods for our entire lives.

We apparently trade it in for something potentially worse.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Does anyone else get like really sore legs right around the time your period starts? It drives me up the wall because it doesn’t make any sense to me.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Maybe try rough sex a little before your period is due to start and again before you want it to end? I don’t know if that will actually speed things along but its definitely got me flowing in the past.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I still haven't had a period since the really bad one I had back in June.

I've only had like 2 days of spotting maybe two weeks ago but that's been it. Something's clearly wrong but the fact that they couldn't find anything during a pelvic ultrasound and a vaginal probe scan is making me kinda worried to say the least.

Could it be early menopause? I suggest you try to talk to another doctor.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Tampons would always become uncomfortable rather quickly for me and I hate everything about pads. The concept of period panties also freaks me out. Fabric you sit on that somehow won’t stain everything your rear end touches?

If you had to empty your cup out midday, away from the comfort and privacy of your own home, then it would probably be a huge hassle. But once in the morning and once at night and feeling nothing in between is as close to not having any period at all that I’ve come to. I’ve never noticed more cramping with mine, and I am also mid 30s.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Anyone have experience with nexplanon? I’d like birth control that I don’t have to think about but IUDs freak me out.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I splurged and got one of those little mini sterilizers specifically for your cup. I only bother with it at the beginning and end of my cycle. A rinse is all that’s needed when you’re just emptying out and reinserting.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

gently caress hormones so hard. I’m tired of breaking out under my jaw and nowhere else, and having a bajillion people asking me what’s going on. It’s always happens the week before my period hits, then takes the rest of my cycle to go away completely, just in time to have a fresh canvas for the next round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

I had a doctor give me spiralactone for that which unfortunately made me violently and horribly poo poo.

But supposedly if it doesnt do that to you, it helps with the hormonal chin acne. You could ask about it?

Clear skin and bonus weight loss? What’s not to love? Seriously though, thanks for the suggestion. I will look into this.