Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Went on Nexaplon in july, started bleeding 2 weeks later, and that's my life now. :( It's pretty just contraception through abstinence, zero libido and blood everywhere.

It did finally stop for 2 weeks at the beginning of september, at almost exactly the 12-week mark, and it was *so good* for the right feelings to come back, to not have to worry about it and to not be tired all the time.

Now the endless period is back and worse than ever, yay! This sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I'm stuck with it anyway.

Corona being what it is, I only got this because they couldn't find a pill to give me that didn't have lactose in it, and I was apparently the first one they'd done in months, on top of that, they don't like taking them out before 6 months is up.

To be fair, it's really great to not have to worry that I might be pregnant at any point, just the side effects are depressing.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

You'd also feel bad though if you hadn't checked, he didn't need the attitude for something that you were right to ask about. Maybe take the report and get a second opinion if possible?

My period that started the other day seems to have tapered off. A week+ of irritability, sore (although great looking) tits and a complete inability to concentrate, for like 2 days of medium to light bleeding... Maybe I'm almost through the endless stage??

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I got a "dreamland ceramic heat pod" a few years ago, it's hot-water-bottle sized, and you plug it in for 5 minutes and then it stays hot for 2-4 hours. I don't understand why they stopped selling it because it's amazing and I rely on it a lot and would legitimately buy them as gifts for people if it was still avaliable.

I've seen reccomendations, if it's predictable, to take ibproufen before your period starts for a couple of days, to kinda build it up in your system and lessen the flow.
https://www.insider.com/gynecologists-say-ibuprofen-can-lessen-menstrual-flow-2020-1 here's a random article.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I'm from the UK, it lives on my bed, when I need it I plug the wire in and 5 minutes later it goes CLICK and I unplug it. Also it literally gets too hot to touch without the cover, which is neat and I suspect the reason they stopped making it.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

"Why do I feel like such complete and utter poo poo today?"

"ah, that's why."

It was a nice two weeks. gently caress this thing.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

HopperUK posted:

Always brand pads over here have a scent to them. I don't like it because I can't separate it in my mind from the other smell that's always going on when I smell it. Also I think they give me boils on my bits sometimes and nobody needs that.

They don't even advertise that they're scented, so if that's what you've always used, you just think you smell like that. They started making me feel ill eventually.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I got a notification on my phone today from my period tracking app that said 'hey that extra upswing in your step today is from the estrogen! enjoy!" and I read it when I was so tired I thinking about having a nap instead of doing my workout. Slept fine, not sick, just tired. Apparently my hormones are broken.

A year or so back I started taking a multivitamin + iron tablet and a cod liver oil capsule daily, and I know all the "it does nothing! you piss it all out! it's all a scam!" talk, but it was honestly lifechanging. I went from so tired every day I was napping in the afternoons, to being wide awake and energetic at all normal hours within days. I also stopped getting hangnails! It might have been low iron due to bleeding all the time, but even so. When I stopped taking them for a couple of months I started crashing out again and the hangnails came back.

I just use the cheap ones from the supermarket, not any special brand. Vitamin d is also supposed to help ward against corona, and vitamin e supplements have been shown to help with severe pmdd. I sound like a shill, but for basically no money it was honestly amazing the difference it's made.

I still get super twitchy and irritable and can't concentrate on poo poo the few days before my period, though, hormones kinda suck. Maybe the horniness makes up for it though.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Spinz posted:

Hi vitamin D is actually super important now because of coronavirus and you have a kid. It's a fat-stored vitamin, it can take a month to get back up to the levels that it should be. You need to take it everyday starting today with food that has some kind of oil or fat and figure out a way to remember. Will you do this for me? I like reading your posts.

Yeah, that's why I always take it with the cod liver oil capsule, doubles up as extra vitamin d and helps absorbtion. For remembering, I was gonna put a calender on the wall next to the kettle and mark the day out when I'd taken it, but I've got into the habit of taking it with breakfast now. It's well worth doing, everyone should take it.

On the period note, yep I seem to be on a 2 week cycle. Yay. My tits hurt.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

She's just trying to give herself less work in 15-20 years!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

That really sucks, I'm sorry. :(

Keep phoning and shouting at people, use that red rage to your advantage!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Good luck! Took long enough for them to get their act together.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

showbiz_liz posted:

I've had a copper IUD for about nine years. Want to have it taken out because I don't date much anymore and the heavier periods are no longer worth the tradeoff. So I went in for a regular gyn checkup and said I'd like to make an appointment to have it taken out. He did the exam, then said the strings looked short and my cervix looked inflamed, that it might have gotten dislodged (and possibly embedded?) and I needed a sonogram first so that they could see what was going on. The sonogram is tomorrow morning.

I'm so freaked out and imagining all the worst case scenarios. My period cramps have been worse for months now and only on the left side, and now I feel like it must be embedded and then, what if it's perforated through? Right now I'm not having any cramping exactly but I feel very, like, AWARE of my uterus and I feel like I can feel the thing jabbing into me, and I feel kinda queasy - which could be all be in my head/stress. The other day I thought I could feel something hard in my abdomen, like it was oriented sideways and pressing out, but I'm chubby enough that I couldn't be sure. I'm not usually much of a hypochondriac and this is driving me nuts. I'm probably fine. Ugh.

Tell us how it worked out!

The fear of that sort of thing is why I ended up going for the arm implant, just didn't want to have that worry...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Glad it's all ok!

That makes sense, I often get super depressed and irritable before my period and making that worse would be terrible. Best to stay away.

I hadn't been on anything before this and was willing to try pills, but when they tried to find ones for me they all had lactose in them, and they didn't want to give me them. That said, the implant killed my libido for the first 3 months or so and that was really awful... If it hadn't more-or-less cleared up I would have forced them to take it out.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

When they put my mum on blood pressure meds, it made her blood pressure so low that she couldn't pee and her kidneys stopped working. Doctors in a&e used to walk into the room, look around, go "yep smells like a uti in here" and then leave to perscribe drugs.

I haven't had a uti since I was like 15, I just get thrush instead.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

candystarlight posted:

Bought a brand new mattress 3 days ago and of course what happens? Wake up with a blood spot today. Goddamn it.

Having lived with both myself and unspayed female dogs, I couldn't bring myself to sleep on this shiny new mattress without a protective sheet under the regular sheet. This one is supposedly bamboo and aloe? I don't care as long as it keeps the spots off the unwashable bit!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

candystarlight posted:

Very sound advise from a very smart person. Didn't even consider that till you said it even though my old mattress had one. This new bed is a new size and I definitely just now Prime One Day'd new protectors so thank you!

Aww :3: Glad I could help!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

One of my old dogs used to wank constantly and loudly whenever my mums boyfriend came round. She also used to eat knickers, and you had to put any pads in the outside bin or she'd tear everything up to get to them.

I've noticed one of my dogs tends to get more cuddly when I'm feeling ill, too. Pets are cool.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Had the vaccination while it was going and no changes, stopping earlier than normal if anything. (Mostly because I lost the last 3 days to fever)

Anyone elses eyes go to poo poo with floaters a week before? It's been super bad lately...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Sitting here and my lips are cracked to poo poo for just that reason.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh hey you managed to banish the thrush or bv or whatever that's been dogging you for at least a month, you actually feel good and had sex once?

Time to give you a FULL PERIOD 8 DAYS EARLY! Yay! BTW, this will happen every time you have sex, enjoy! (btwbtw, you'll still get your regular period in 8 days probably!)

I swear I am gonna cut this nexaplanon stick out with a razorblade. I can't stand this poo poo anymore.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Man I had one of those days where I could barely move. Went for a walk with bf and could barely keep up, when I normally walk faster than he does. It's amazing how much better I feel after a packet of fizzy sweets and a liter of diet coke though.

I'm gonna contact the clinic next week about getting this thing removed and probably try a pill or something. It's a shame, it promised so much and I liked the ease of it...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Maybe they'll give me j&j as a booster and I won't have to get this arm thing ripped out after all! :v:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Here we go again... I guess partly explains why I've been crying for the past 3 days.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Man I'm so hungry. I've eaten like 3 meals today already and I'm still starving...

There's a local facebook group for giving stuff away here and I've seen people giving pads and such there anonymously. Local food bank takes them too.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I was lying in bed the other day and the dog came over and tried to bury my butt like she would food. It was already under the covers!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

oh no

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

My tits hurt. :(

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Yeah it's absolutly a thing, one of the very few perks of the hormone cycle. :v:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I feel like I get exponentially sweatier during my period but it could also just be that I'm hyperaware of all my body's grossness during that time.

100%, or at least it smells stronger.

Stupid dark period started yesterday, two weeks early! This is what I get for the last period being so easy and non-crampy I guess.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Period exhaustion hit the other day and I fell asleep on the sofa. By the time I woke up my boyfriend had gone out and bought diet coke and crisps and chocolate. :3: He has no idea how much I appreciated him right then.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

After I went on the implant I had some really bad cramping, and at one point on a whim I decided to try to completely relax and see how that worked for the pain, instead of staying curled up into a tense little ball.

Holy poo poo never trying that again.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Try adding a vitamin E and D supplement, studies have shown that they can help... It's rough though, I'm sorry. :(

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

:magical:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I guess either in a shower/wetroom, or you redecorate the bedroom like it's an episode of Dexter.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Sex in the shower is not the fun erotic encounter media would have you to think it to be. You're going to get blood from cracking your head on the tile as well.

Also the walls are surprisingly cold...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Finally got my arse in gear and booked a phone appointment on friday to talk about taking the arm implant out. poo poo isn't working.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Implant is gone. Pretty easy and painless.

They won't give me anything other than basically the same stuff, due to family history of breast cancer and blood clots, so I'm gonna give it a break for a bit and then see what non-hormonal options are out there...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Me, it's only been within the last year or so I've even tried tampons, the idea just weirded me out too much to bother.

Horror stories about toxic shock and such didn't help either.

On another note, I was due to have a period a couple after I had the implant out, and it still hasn't arrived. Little worrying, but google assures me it's normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Well, guess I'm not pregnant!

Also not in terrible pain, and haven't seen severely exhausted or tired or sad for the past couple of days, just a regular period. Major relief.