Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

coronatae posted:

Oh hell yes my period is here I was starting to think I was gregnant

This was me after the covid booster! Had some serious delay.
On another note, is there a separate thread for birth control / IUD? Was supposed to get Kyleena on Monday but apparently my cervix was like Gandalf at khazad dum. Now rescheduled for early May… which I was really hoping to avoid because I have a lot of events in May that I don’t want to be also trying to navigate new random bleeding and cramps on top of social anxiety and travel stomach :bang: Any tips? Does that raspberry tea someone mentioned a while back work in the cramp department in this situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

At most these days she kind of gets irregular cramping that I've starting calling a phantom period though I don't think the timing actually lines up correctly for that to be what it is.

I just had Kyleena installed in May and so far I’ve had mostly cramping with super light spotting for like 2 weeks straight with maybe 2 days in the middle with light flow. I used to get super heavy flows.
I am having a hard time putting my finger on a start/stop for tracking and cannot tell if my moods swings are coming from major depression or if I can chalk it up to PMS and keep having faith in the Prozac.

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Edit: if he really wants the full experience, offer him laxatives and/or ipecac as well

Three days of Imodium prior to the smack down.
Might want PrepH on hand too……..

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Show of hands - who else warms up your tampon in your cleavage so it’s closer to body temp when you insert?

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Pyrtanis posted:

Which one did the coin land on, concrete or applesauce?

Concrete. Always concrete.

jk, still constipated.:shepface:

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

YeahTubaMike posted:

Woman: *has any problem whatsoever*

Doctor: "Yeah, you're fine. Come back if it gets worse. Or don't, whatever."

This is my lifelong experience with any health issue.

Y’all, I had a cyst in my groin, basically right on pantyline/outer labia. Hurt to sit, really hurt to walk. My PCP refused to see me for it. My GYN refused to see me for it. Neither would give me a referral to dermatologist. They said go to ER. This was during early Covid, so I didn’t want to clog up emergency service resources that needed to go toward more severe patients. Also ER way more expensive and time consuming.
I called my GYN office again and a NP agreed to see me. She was like, ‘Oh, honey!’ :psyduck: ‘let me get another syringe of lidocaine’

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Yesterday I ate ice cream for lunch, sorbet for dinner, and cake for breakfast this morning. Oh lawd she comin.

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Can I talk about the horrible anxiety and mood swings I’ve had this go around? Also skipping the gym and binge eating cheez-its, and then lying about it, which causes a new fresh hell of anxiety. I just want to sleep until this poo poo is over and I can be responsible again.

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Idk if there is still a ‘weird poo poo your partner does’ thread, but I think this anecdote would fit here.

Boyfriend comes up to my office to make sure I take a lunch break when I work from home; gives me a hug, but pulls back with a suspicious look on his face, and says, “do you have cromps? Your cromp area is warm. It’s radiating heat.” Waives hand in a circular motion gesturing to my pelvic region and says, “Cromps.”

The end.

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Y’all I have a follow up.

Just hugged my boyfriend, and he was like, ‘you got the CROMPS again, or just hafta poop?’ To which I was like, ‘Nah, but I hope I get to poop soon after all the food last weekend.’

I go to the bathroom not ten minutes later, and wouldn’t you know, it’s period o’clock. Dude has a sixth sense….

(For context, I have had the lightest, practically nonexistent periods since getting my IUD, and don’t bother keeping a calendar anymore.)

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Is he a non-native English speaker or has he just invented the most charming word for the whole mess imaginable?

The latter one :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

First time after having my Kylena inserted, my partner was uncomfortable with it poking, but since then, no complaints. I wish I’d gotten an IUD sooner!!!!

All the docs telling me not to switch off BC pills with basically if it ain’t broke don’t fix it attitude. Meanwhile I’m like ‘I’m gaining weight, I still have a tidal wave heavy period, I’m depressed, have zero libido, and I still have to take separate migraine medicine.’ How is that not broke?
Then there was a year of indecision when they finally agreed I could get an IUD after I read all of these horror stories. Most of those experiences could’ve been much less traumatic if the GYNs had listened to the patients suffering; since I’d gone through years of doctors dismissing my needs, I felt vulnerable to the same problems.

TLDR:
Women’s health in the US is hosed up.
But, yay IUD since April 2021 :sparkles: