Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

My periods are stupid heavy and I remember when I first bought a cup and looked at how small... I kept thinking, "12 hours? No way."

I had to empty it less than an hour later.

I am using one exclusively now only because I am home 100% of the day. Otherwise I would only use it when camping or if I was going to be at home for a while. Going to work or just... out with it in was basically asking to get my menstrual blood everywhere.

Like, just pulling the bastard out and having my hand COVERED in menstrual fluid, and I am at work in a college bathroom stall, with no way to get to the sink without waddling with my pants at my ankles??? No thanks!

I was so disappointed and frustrated when I first bought it. It has never, ever lived up to its promise unless I have had a false start or it's day 6/7 out of 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

Anyone else get the urge to just bite and tear at your nails right before your period? I haven't bitten my nails in loving years from stress, but every month it's like one of you bastards is gonna go.

My cuticles are already poo poo but they turn into an absolute mess around my period.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Ahh the post period anxiety spike, how I loathe you. Way better than pre-Mirena though.

Yes! I got this Sunday night. It felt like I was being followed by a loving, like, lich or something for four hours. Just vibrating inside and feeling this heavy sense of dread all evening.

And then my period started lmao

It was so heavy yesterday and today when I took a hot bath I turned the water pink. When I went to empty my Diva cup after a call with a student that lasted 30 minutes, it was so full it splashed all over the toilet seat when I removed it, like a goddamn water balloon bursting when it gets poked.

I had emptied it maybe 5 minutes before I started the call.

Also, WHY does it HAVE TO FEEL like my PELVIC BONES are being SMASHED with a HAMMER? I AM IN A CONSTANT STATE OF DISCOMFORT. I couldn't sleep last night because the cramping was so bad it kept waking me up, despite taking pain medicine. The heating pad did a lot but it turns off automatically after two hours as a safety feature 😭

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

My bleeding stopped for two days and then started again. So far, I have had a 14 day bleed. Cool.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Skratte posted:

Like I said if we're cycling right now we're probably gonna be on Halloween as well. Let's use our blood moon powers for the ultimate hex.

Trump has COVID.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Bleeding for nine days. No bleeding for 3. Bleeding for nearly five more days

No bleeding in almost 30 days.

Lol.

(I'm not pregnant.)

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Someone has left their screwdriver lodged in my cervix. How silly of them!

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Man I hope science studies the period smell phenomenon because, yeah, I smell mine. My husband says he only smells stuff if pads or whatever chill in the trash can for a bit. But I swear I walk around smelling like chum.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Does anyone else have a problem with "pumping" out blood and blood clots when they stretch? Especially when first waking up? The last few mornings, my body just like automatically does a couple of kegels or something, and then I have to move verrrrrry carefully off the bed or I'll leak. I'm on a very heavy period right now, I've dropped at least a quarter cup of blood clots today alone

Yes!!!!!!!!!

Does it kind of feel like a pulsating, pumping of the muscles in your vaginal canal?

Also I use a diva cup and that seems to help keep blood clots out of my liners. I have to wear two pads to bed with it though because I have a super heavy flow. Those things are supposed to only have to be emptied once every twelve hours. LMAO try every hour and a half. I still recommend one, especially for home use and for camping.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Yes, exactly! It hasn't happened since, but that's exactly what it was. I would use a diva cup but internal things make me cramp terribly. Even tampons are uncomfortable. I use period rags for really heavy nights, but those can still leak sometimes because I move around in my sleep so much

Oh I'm so sorry! That sounds really frustrating. I hate that itchy feeling in the morning when everything is leaking everywhere and it's sooooooooo much worse when my liners are all squinched around.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I have had nigh-constant mittelschmerz most of my life. It definitely increased with my copper IUD, but lately it's been sometimes worse than the cramps during my period. Sucks.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

My period arrived while I was on the first vacation my husband and I have had since we got married in 2015. Stupid basic-rear end bitch.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

There have been times when it waited until I had time off work to start and I was so grateful that I didn't have to spend several days worrying I would bleed into my jeans 🥹 but this was annoying, and then Third-Day-Worst-Day arrived RIGHT as I went back to work. GRA

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I went in for a colonoscopy last week and thought I was gonna start my period at the same time. Thankfully I didn't! It waited until I had to go back to work 😭 double-pads and tons of Alieve time.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Yeah diva cups are amazing for a lot of reasons but they loving lie.

"Wear it for 12 hours!"

Lady, I am filling this thing in under an hour.

"It's super comfortable!"

Not when you pull it out.

"It's discreet!"

You know what isn't discreet? Coming out of a public toilet stall with your hands covered in blood.

I had to stop wearing it for everything but home use or camping (IT IS PERFECT FOR CAMPING, OMG) because it sucks to take out and put back in in public! I want to be free and open about menstruation but I would rather not look like I murdered someone in the stall.

Also it's hard to clean the blood out of your cuticles 😮‍💨

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Killingyouguy! posted:

My last period featured debilitating pain inside my left hip and it's back again this time! What the gently caress is this poo poo!! This didn't use to happen

My last three periods have correlated with the weirdest sensation: a pulsing, almost electrical pain in the top of my esophagus, lasting a few seconds each pulse, happening many times a day for most of my period. It has been so weird and noticeable that I have been trying to track it.

I don't understand.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I can do anything on my period. I just don't fuckin wanna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

New thread title :mods:

Thank you. This gave me warm feelings. It might just be the bloating but I want to believe 😔