Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
hi I have my period as we speak and it loving sucks. do you have yours right now?? loving kvetch with me, let’s have a thread and rag on being on the rag

we can chat about
Tampons or pads or cups or [mystery device]
food cravings
rage
acne
sore tits
cramps
having your period in the hot rear end summer: is this punishment?
IUD periods (death be upon them)
cool partners being nice and giving you back rubs and cuddling
can we goons sync up our period as a show of terrifying power just putting it out there
period memes? Are they a thing I don’t know
sex on your period, towel down? some Saran Wrap? tarp???
your first period
Not a period haver? You can post here just keep it on topic but don’t be a loving wuss
whatever fits into this topic, gender is irrelevant, let out some monthly rage or weep here it’s cool

to kick off this thread: I am working out more and ran on a treadmill this AM and I felt like a bag of strawberry jam in a precariously closed ziplock bag surrounded by a million needles. however I wasn’t as exhausted and didn’t sweat as much?? apparently it’s normal but I’m loving baffled. Nearly two drat decades with this ~natural phenomenon~ and I’m still learning new bodily mysteries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3-ITn0e00U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

gary oldmans diary posted:

what if a girl donated blood right before their period?

I’ve done so, and I have miserable iron and fainted! Was not fun but it got me out of gym class

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

gary oldmans diary posted:

:thunk:

ops pranking people with de-ironed fainting blood

“It’s just anemia a prank bro!!”

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Les Os posted:

are organic tampons a scam?

Never used them? I assume it’s probably fine just more expensive? If I see any I’ll post a trip report

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I haven't had a period in a year thanks to my iud. Not having a period is the coolest thing I have ever done. I got two more years of being constantly not bleeding and then I am getting a new one shoved right up there.

gently caress you, mother nature, eat science bitch.

Copper or hormonal? I got the copper one and it’s cranked my period to maximum overflow. They’re finally consistent thank gently caress.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
holy moly I think hit the spotting stages, I’m out of the chunk city limits :bisonyes: . Next month I get my period right when I scheduled a tattoo of Carrie so ha ha rip teen witch

Also the only time I felt like I had my period in the span of two hours was during my abortion and it was w i l d. I took the pill, had the most inhumane cramps known to man, like I was weeping and couldn’t make it to the toilet, finally somehow got onto the toilet and then the dam loving BROKE. It felt like someone jammed gelatin powder up my vag and the bloody jello was collapsing out, all in like 20-30 min. I didn’t even get off the toilet, I flushed, more embryo jello, wipe, repeat. And then, it was done. And this weird energized wave of relief like post tattoo endorphins and it was so nice, like no other drug. Honestly, I’d rather have my period that way, speedrun menstruation.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Ok please take me through menstrual cups as I feel like I could wing it but I’m so afraid of one wrong move and like, gallons shooting out at me somehow pressurized

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Who What Now posted:

If a wizard said he could make it so you only have one period a year but it took up an entire month, like say the whole of March, would you do it? One super period a year?

Only if I get to choose the month.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Spinz posted:

They smell vaguely bad no matter how clean the guy is, like musty musky and I want to pop-squeeze them back and forth into each other's sac but NOOOOOOOO

I basically want to do this

E: in the Jareth costume as well. the codpiece stays ON

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Ever be in the bath during your period and a gooey piece of your uterine lining comes out and floats around and you have a look at it and you're like 'hmmmm interesting' and try to determine if it's the unfertilized egg? I've done that a few times. Apparently the egg is the only cell in the human body you can see with the naked eye.

I detest baths (showers forever and ever) but the idea of a chunky human soup is interesting.

When I had my abortion, the father(?) had asked if I could get the embryo or whatever, as they were into Very Graphic Art. I declined as I’d be crossing international borders with uh, an aborted clump of cells. Even as a citizen I feel CBP would not be pleased to contend with that. Plus the logistics - bag? Jelly jar?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Look, it’s art

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Elentor posted:

I, uh

I read that and I'm kinda speechless.

Let ye who hasn’t been knocked up by someone who wanted to maybe use the blood and/or other bits of an abortion cast the first stone

(They’re a nice person but it was a “haha this is a funny joke right?” moment that I could see being totally serious)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Baller Time posted:

Can you crystallize your menstrual fluids? Asking for a friend on Craig's List

For a good price

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I had an episiotomy so I had stiches which meant I had to make sure they didn't get infected so I had to rinse them off after I peed and I was supposed to pee after I breastfeed because it would reduce my uterus size (?!?!?!) and I had to breastfeed at least once every two to four hours. So for two or three weeks I had to splash my cooter after peeing with a liter of cold water like ten times a day (cause I didn't want to wait for warm water to heat up as I just wanted to get back to bed cause my healing episiotomy was so sore) and as a result the toilet was just drenched with bloody water all the time. Husband had to clean it constantly cause I was in too much pain/busy with a newborn.

And this was a relatively good/easy post-natal period. I didn't have any serious constipation issues and my milk came in fine and I didn't get infected. He-goons beware; if you think periods are icky things get really gnarly after birth.

“But teen witch why do you want to adopt and get your tubes tied??? What about your nonexistent husband or other pseudo male authority that you’ll cackle in the face of???”

AaaaaaaaAAAAAAAA

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It would be very cool if my hormonal acne would vanish when my period does what the gently caress

Doctor Faustine posted:

I think there is something broken inside me because even with a copper IUD my periods usually aren’t bad and sometimes are almost kinda good (especially for the laxative effect 10/10) but oh my god the week around when I ovulate makes me want to loving die. My whole pelvis feels swollen and disgusting and I have to pee like every 30 minutes and I think I’m allergic to my own cervical mucus or something because my whole vag just feels like a tube of discomfort even though as far as I can tell I don’t get any kind of infection. Having an orgasm makes things feel better for a little bit but that’s about all I can do for relief.

Not a doctor but I’d recommend you go see one as I don’t think it’s a BC issue but maybe something like PID?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Pyrtanis posted:

and here I was thinking not-murca would be better for women, alas

It’s basically universally garbage in varying degrees. I know someone with endo here in Sweden and it’s no pleasure cruise. Or my boss who was recommended loving Paracetamol while giving birth by the nurses.

I’ve been lucky for pussy stuff here and I have yet to get the weird “ok but this is because you’re fat” talk from any medical professionals but I’ve heard some stories of some mean rear end nurses.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve had better experiences with women doctors however I’ve still also had lovely experiences with women doctors, sometimes weight things, sometimes not. I’m 5 4 and have hit 250 at the heaviest. It’s not that I don’t think weight doesn’t contribute to some issues, but I’m doubtful that it contributes to every issue I’ve ever had or an immediate thing to bring up when I’m there for like, my hosed up ear. It’s the “this is a Wendy’s drive thru” of my medical experiences.

Still don’t have my little sister beat. She always had this lump on the side of her face near her jawbone, and kept telling doctors “hi what is this” and brushed off as nothing since High School. Last year at 24, she finally meets with a new doctor who is a black woman. She gets the lump checked out as she’s had a million times prior, tests, etc and gets an immediate “you are getting scheduled for surgery loving yesterday”. It was TWO benign tumors that have a super higher risk of growing malignant the longer they stay and she’s had them for about a decade so uhhh yeah get those suckers out. Apparently they’re also rare for younger people to get as well. Yippee.

They’re out (though thank you COVID for delaying the surgery), and she’s doing much better and has a badass scar. It also made me quit smoking cigarettes for good because if my bonkers healthy sister can be dealing with this perhaps fat schmuck older sister shouldn’t be summoning the cancer gods because she’s a wee bit stressed.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Strong Convections posted:

Uhhh... can you go into more detail with this?
Hard lumps that move around? Not visible from the surface but can be felt if pressed? What kind of tests/cancer?

I don’t know of any specifics (but I can ask, though we’re a zillion miles apart). I do have a pic though, shoot me an email at someawfulwitch @ gee male dot calm.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Strong Convections posted:

Thanks, but you can't see mine from the surface so I wouldn't be able to compare.

I'll just stay awake all night terrified and hassle some doctors on Monday. They've never listened before but now I have the terror of preventable cancer driving me to press them.

Gotcha, the pic I have is from Spring and you can clearly see one (and I saw them in Dec when she visited) but I think they became more apparent over time, one way more visible than the other. I know when I first saw them in Dec one was super visible, in that area where the jawbone and the ear meet at the neck.

Regardless if she answers (there’s like 9 hr diff) I’ll post it here. And yeah, no matter what hassle and rough up a drat doctor, even if it’s nothing at least you know fully.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My sister answered her tumor questions, which aaAAAAAA I didn’t know she had a bonkers biopsy now I feel guilty for hucking an ice laden snowball at her as an angry nine year old

quote:

They were hard lumps (which is a good thing), but they didn’t move around that much. They were attached to my parotid gland (salivary gland) so they really didn’t move.

My one of my tumors we’re extremely visible from the surface. To a point in which some people asked about them. The other one was deeper in my neck

I first had a regular old ultrasound just to confirm that masses were there. Unfortunately just by an ultrasound they can’t fully diagnose you, just confirm that “something” is there. Then I had a core needle biopsy. Don’t google it, it’s basically someone lodging a tube thru the tumor to get a core chunk out of it. it’s considered to be “minimally” invasive, which just means they don’t need to put you under, but it is pretty scary an uncomfortable.

I had a pleomorphic adenoma which required a
Parotidectomy. My type of tumors are common in folks 65+, are mostly harmless if your 85+. But if you are young like me they are pretty serious because that have a tendency of undergoing a malignant transformation (starting out benign turning to cancer). My oncologist said they was a 100% I would have cancer by 35. So in young folks they’re essentially ticking time bombs.

At the absolute very least, have your friend get an ultrasound. It will provide proof that something is in fact there. And if the doc is saying “if it doesn’t hurt, don’t worry about it.” That’s completely bull. Hurt shouldn’t be the main cause for concern. Mine didn’t hurt one bit, and I swear to god the only reason I got it checked out because my black doctor felt like something was off and she didn’t trust the white folks I saw before. She wanted to investigate herself. Then ta-da she was right and racism in the medical industry is hella pervasive.

Hope this helps

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I get horny then cramps in that order. my body is punishing me for sin

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ginger Fitzgerald is the patron saint

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Uh, is this the thread for menstruation or werewolves?

Yes

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Pyrtanis posted:

vag loogies

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I realize that my OP on this thread is a marker for my period which means COMING SOON TO A WITCH NEAR YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I just got the first cramp. gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch8MzYclx5I

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Literally coordinating the first cramp with my OP on this and I might just get away with not bleeding while getting my sides tattooed this weekend

Or I may face to a war hell ride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhWawBnD8t4

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The good news is is that I can get a rib and hip tattoo with numbing cream no worries on my period. what a breeze that was.

The bad news is that this period is loving cramp hell. I love my little copper savior but these cramps. I want to rub numbing cream inside my ovaries forever. I can handle the weird discharge feeling but hgng it’s like someone is revving their motorcycle and my Fallopian tubes are the handlebars.

It’s going to be dogshit existence until Wednesday at the earliest

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

gently caress yeah

Speaking of sticky...

As I said earlier, my uterus is finally involved with a sticky thread that isn’t made by Kotex!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Bored posted:

Also, I seem to have narcolepsy right before my period. And I get real stupid.

I have been leaving cabinet doors open everywhere I go the past week, finally I’m seen.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Sealing off my puss to own the libs

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

How about a shewee or whatever they call those big prosthetic penises for lady campers but for periods?!? Relive man's worst horror every time you go to the bathroom.

I’d like a long one that looks like a crazy straw with loops and poo poo or like a super soaker with a pump action

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I mean I am the OP, y’all did this to y’selves

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m passing at least a juicy juice box’s worth rn

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
One of my OBGYNs was a “friend’s” mom and by friend it was a weird frenemy thing and cool, now her mom gets to poke around in my vag, great. Just scrape the cooch with while talking to me about your daughter who I know and kind of dislike

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t mind the spreading but the spoolie scrape is like when you hit your elbow on a table type of pain. like it’s just on a whole other level of “I didn’t know I could feel this oh god”

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Pro tip: never get nips pierced and an IUD inserted within a month of one another.

turns out my body is not keen on having metal jammed into it! and still my stubbornness prevails to continue doing so!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

*sobs* GO BACK TO POO ISLAND, YOU DREAM-POPPER!

(but for real, thanks for that.) I'm gonna chew on all these ideas.

Based on my last two periods, I think it's going to pretty much dry up and disappear, anyways. This new Mirena is a loving boss. I didn't even bother with period panties last time after the first day, and then it was gone by the fourth.

OH AND HOLY poo poo! I went to the supermarket and they were selling a menstrual cup for TEN LOUSY EUROS. I am unsure whether I want to try this out and report back or not, but seeing that certainly cheered me up.

Yeah they sell cups here around that price, which is why I’ve been curious about em. Might go for it idk, if I get my period when I’m not at my boyfriends lest we end up with a surprise laundry day.

Thankfully he’s in and has been in too many black metal bands to count so the actual blood doesn’t bother him. Unexpected benefits!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Hot water bottles are kind of a thing in the US, but like, an older person thing. I found one on a lark in a TJ Maxx and use it occasionally. Electric heating pads work way better for myself.