Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
the worst thing about periods is the endless stream of poo poo from my rear end in a top hat. I mean periods get the poo poo moving but goddamn you spend a lot of time pooping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Nooner posted:

One time after a really long drinking binge I poo poo a bunch of blood, does that count?

I'll allow it

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
I crave peanut butter, but not really chocolate

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
The first day of my period is always spent shuffling between sitting under the shower and sitting on the toilet. The constipation is real but once you get over the hump so to speak the relief is incredible. I wonder if there's a connection between period paid and making GBS threads.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I guess this is gross of me but I never saw a problem with boiling cups in cooking pots. It’s not like you plunge it in there dripping with blood clots. If you soap it first who cares.

My mom & period story: she gave me a stern talk because she said she went through the trash and she knew I was changing my pad too often and she wasn’t going to keep buying them. Next day I needed to change my pad at lunch but now I was afraid I’d run out so I had this literally soaked squishy pad for the rest of the day including gym class, praying it wasn’t going to start leaking down my legs. Also at that age I tended to have periods that went on very lightly for 2 weeks but now I was scared of changing my pad and nobody ever told me about panty liners, so I wore the same pad for like an entire week until I stank bad enough for someone to comment on it. in hindsight I guess she had money problems but she never explained that, just acted like I was in trouble. It was really weird

Your mother is a creep for going thru trash :lol: what was she doing, dumpster diving for nutritious pads? Changing your menstrual pad daily is basic hygiene, women who try to force their kids not to do that are universally scum. (This is not the first time I've encountered a story like this and the other mom who did that was a loving scumbag.)

I've never bothered with tampons. They're just too much trouble and pads don't bother me. Also much more convenient to change.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
period started tonight. I always have insomnia and i'm making GBS threads comfortably. Thanks thread

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
I don't want an IUD lol I'm not willing to put up with a gyno's temper tantrums regarding it. I took birth control for ten years but the final year consisted of having periods that lasted 3 weeks with only 5 days of no bleeding, no making GBS threads, no vomiting, etc so I finally got off them and have been bc free for three years.

I thought I would get a personality transplant because mah hormooooones but I've been told I am exactly the same. Now I just have one day per month where I vomit nonstop.

So when I go to the rape doctor, what kind of birth control should I go for? I'm sick of pills and I don't want an IUD

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Dazerbeams posted:

I think I preferred NuvaRing over the pill, but it was constantly shifting and needing to be readjusted.

I think I'll skip that thanks tho

YeahTubaMike posted:

Heeeeeyyyyy what kind of BC were you on?

I was on Yaz which worked fine for 9 years but then it just stopped being effective, my blood flow got really heavy and kept turning brown. It was so heavy on Yaz that I was starting to smell and had to change my pad every other hour and it was always soaked through so I started carrying extra underwear as well. My doctor put me on a "light" birthcontrol that I don't remember the name of and I started bleeding for weeks.

There are stronger birth control pills like tricycline but while this did completely eliminate my period thank God, it did give me severe migraines.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Miss Broccoli posted:

hi im trans and estrogen made me get faux periods and i changed from pills to implants and that seemed to make it stop cause my levels weren't a roller coaster and it's been 3ish months and oh no it's back and this is day 4 i dont even have a womb that was supposed to be my one (1) singular perk why is my entire middle section trying to collapse in on itself gently caress offfffff

congratulations you are now a woman, time to sit on the toilet and hurl into the trashcan you keep in your lap

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Miss Broccoli posted:

ive already achieved Is it pains or do u need to poop (yes) but ohgod this poo poo makes you wanna puke too?

So not long ago I was on my period. Which meant I was on the toilet for a while ejecting. Now while I’m having toilet time my head starts swimming and I get that unsettled feeling in the pit of my stomach - you know the one. Luckily I keep a small trash can lined with plastic liner close by for this occasion. I think I sat there for 20 minutes holding the trash can, pooping, and spitting into the trash because of increased saliva etc. After a while I ended up puking stomach acid and toast into the trash. It sucks because the stress always makes me cry as well. And I always fall for the same mind trick: at least this will help me crap better!

It doesn’t. Your sphincter clenches shut when you puke. Which was unfortunate because I also suffered a gush at the same time. Made me feel p bad.

This happens to me every month and my dentist thinks its why my tooth enamel is so damaged.

Welcome to the sisterhood enjoy your stay

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

cosmo sex tip posted:

ladies I am cramping once again, and since I've temporarily lost the use of my legs as my cramps usually do roundabouts the end of day 1-beginning of day 3, i'm stuck in this desk chair for a good few hours. Anybody got any good "ridiculous period advice i got from mom/female relatives/doctors/coworkers i barely knew/the homeless guy down the block/my bartender" stories? Bad advice only, please.

As an example, I never understood the whole "hot water bottle on the tummy" thing, all it ever did was make my cramps sweatier, but at least I can see how it would help people. But one of my friends swears by eating TONS of pasta as soon as the cramps hit. Swore it always works for her. Just eating nothing but pasta for like a full two days. No protein in it or anything, just noodles and a little bit of seasoning. When I asked her how she knew she could eat other stuff again she told me it was when her period started to get "real chunky" which I'll never forget because it ruined chunky tomato pasta sauce for me forever.

When i was 11 my aunt told me getting pregnant and having a baby would stop my cramps after i get thru labor

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Pinus Porcus posted:

Something to lighten the mood for all us poor saps who are bleeding right now.

From the Cooking Cockups thread

I suspect the actual post is fake but it did make me chuckle.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

kntfkr posted:

Would you gently caress me? I'd gently caress me. I'd gently caress me hard.

And I'd seal all those intimate juices inside with organic Mensez! Call now and we'll throw in the cunny vacuum, OUR gift to YOU, ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Also - hey, hi - have any of y'all felt pregnant and then actually been pregnant prior to being late? There is something going on with my wife's uterus and I am not sure how to advise her asides from suggesting a pregnancy test which she is currently adverse to for superstitious jinx type reasons.

What symptoms is she experiencing?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Am waiting for my period to start. The only consistent symptom I get before it is being ornery and mean. Sometimes even that doesn't happen

Also

kntfkr posted:

Just like a fullness that equates more to what she felt in 3rd trimester of our 1st born than the fullness that you experience after eating. Stomach feels "weird" but not like nausea. She just says she feels pregnant. I think she took a test like a week after I busted and it was negative so I'm a little worried about what her feeling could be if it's not eggnancy.

Obvs your wife should take a pregnancy test at some point but she may just be having a weird gut flora event. It could also be false pregnancy especially if there are any psychological stress factors: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_pregnancy

If the first test was negative then I would think it was actually something digestive or maybe related to another organ. Displacing pain or discomfort from the real source can be a thing as well.

HIJK fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 10, 2020

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
It is here. I’ve had a lot of metamucil to prepare

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Hwbs and hot pads just don't do anything for me. I'm still in pain, I'm still vomiting, I still need to take an hour long poo poo, but now I'm hot. There is no appeal.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
My period's been surprisingly mild this week but it's also doing this new thing where close to the end there's a new burst of cramps and fresh bleeding for about 12 hours. Painful and annoying.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Am on my second day and sat on the toilet, absolute loving poop waterfall out of my rear end after spending all day yesterday constipated. at least my body knows what to do

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
The same chemical that gets your lining out the door can also leak into your bowels and urinary system, hence we piss and poo poo a lot.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
I tried to use a cup once. It worked but it was really painful and after two hours I had enough. it took so long to get it out and then when I did it fell on the floor of the public bathroom I was in and it spilled blood all over the poor woman’s ankles next to me.

gently caress cups, they’re too much trouble.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Geez, I think my period must be on its way then. All of a sudden I can feel my heart in my hest and it feels uneven. Its almost that time of month too.

I'm gonna walk around outside for a bit

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
I got the J&J vaccine and it feels like my period is late. I also woke up with a cramp in my pelvis, so there's that. I think I might be spotting.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Weirdly my periods since the J&J shot have gotten more tolerable.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
I am so tired of turning into a 24/7 making GBS threads machine once a month

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Period is starting tonight. I realized it because my uterus started emitting this sharp stabbing pain but it was strictly localized to the right hand side of the mound. I took some ibuprofen and it stopped.

Is this a symptom of fibroids or something or is it standard menstrual pain?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

HopperUK posted:

What's the symptom you're most annoyed nobody ever warned you about when you were young? I think for me it's the godawful poops.

This.

It's awful, I lose a lot of time just using the bathroom so much.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Period started today. Luckily I have tomorrow off so I can just sit on the toilet and poo poo uninterrupted.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

sootikins posted:

Did anyone else have an altered cycle after Pfizer vaccination/booster?

Mine was late and 2x longer than usual.

It's only the cycle directly after and then it's fine again.

I'll take this over an infection, mind, but it'd be nice to be mentally prepared for it.

I got J&J and my cramps have definitely changed. They actually feel more tolerable? Not a targeted pain but more distributed across my pelvis.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

Has anyone had a period poop so voluminous that it dislodges the last little bits of your period? Because I think that's what happened to me.

Yes.

Very weird experience.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Last month my period warned me it was coming by having the entire right side of my reproductive organs hurting. I could feel my ovary in my pelvis hurting (I assume it was that anyway) and the entire right side if my pussy hurt too. But just the right side, it was like someone drew a sharp line delineating my pussy in half and only the right side hurt.

I'm wondering if my left side will hurt this month or if I'm just stuck with a weird right hand pussy and ovary forever.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Second night of my period and no pain on the left side of my body. My pussy is right handed.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
I am cramping but no bleeding. dumb

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
My period finally started today but its uncharacteristically light and very uncrampy. Feels like its dribbling.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
My period has been super thin and watery which is strange because normally its very heavy. But otoh its also clotting a lot lot lot more which only happened once a long time ago when I was like, 18? When that happened I was in the shower and -- I genuinely don't remember why I did this -- I ended up pulling out a blood clot that covered the entire span of my hand. It was absolutely black and for a long moment I just stared at it because I had never seen a blood clot that huge and I couldn't believe it. For a second I legit thought I had a bug nest in my vagina or something. Then I noticed the shower run off was turning red and realized nope that's blood! Anyway something similar happened to me today which is odd

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
So my last period was like 4 days late, now its 5 days early. Less than 28 days between cycles rofl what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
I got the Johnson & Johnson covid vaccine and ever since my periods have gotten a lot more tolerable and much less painful. I also stopped throwing up after I got it. I hope this lasts forever, if it doesn't then I'm getting a covid booster.

This is not a shitpost, my period started last night and I'm sitting here grateful I can be at work