Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Absolutely nowhere on the pages-long consent form I had to sign to transition that included everything from the expected and supurfluous "hey, you're gonna' get tits," to the horrifying "oh, by the way, you're gonna' get a pituitary tumor at some point" was there any loving mention of the fact that trans women get periods.

Periods are fuckin' bullshit. Fully one fourth of my life sucks. That's a marked improvement from all of it sucking before, but god drat.

And cis men are so skeeved out by this poo poo that when I tell them I get them, their first loving words are almost always "GROSS!" And like, dude. You know I can't bleed, right?

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ralph Crammed In posted:

You getting more angry or sad?
Yes.

Flip a coin, depending on the month.

What I never understood before is how the anger isn't actually a mood swing. It's just being fed the gently caress up with all the bullshit I put up with the rest of the month. Like, gently caress you, my body is trying to spit out parts of itself — in my case parts it doesn't even have — and I don't have it in me to put up with much else.

But the mental health drain is so much worse.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pyrtanis posted:

If cis men had to deal with this there would have been Solutions by now I'm convinced
Oh, absolutely.

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

At least I've got my hysterectomy date, but it's not until May.
Oof. That's a wait.

I had cramps so bad at work the other night, but had to smile through it to serve people and like, I was never terrible about periods. Never got grossed out, was always happy to pick up tampons and comfort snacks, so I don't know why this feels like comeuppance.

It feels like I did something bad and deserve it. It's the damndest thing.

Incidentally, why are so many cis men too embarrassed to do that? Any of y'all date men who could explain it? Most of the time I did I was met with a quiet "you're an awesome boyfriend" from the checkers.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Before we get to my post, I am so sorry. Nobody should ever have to live through that.

Pyrtanis posted:

raaaarrgghhh :unsmigghh:
Eternal mood

traveling for the eclipse
Forgive me if this is too personal, but are you Pagan?

I never thought I'd ever be any kind of theist again, having grown up Catholic, but when I transitioned I started feeling the moon and that changed some poo poo in a hurry.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Smart.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

coronatae posted:

Congrats on the yeeterus!
There should be cards for this.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

My friend wrote “not sorry for your loss” in the card she brought me
That is loving marvelous.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've been taking fish oil to help with periods and I can't tell if it's working or if it's the placebo effect.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm having one of those fun days where my body decided all that water it's retaining isn't actually necessary, so I lost count of the number of times I've peed today somewhere in the late teens and that was four hours ago.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Now you don't have to get cramps while your nerves try to murder you!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Killingyouguy! posted:

Definitely the stupidest cramps are the ones that feel like someone put a bag clip on your vulva
JESUS. Okay, I'm super glad I'm not in that boat, 'cause the cramps are bad enough as it is.

Stop trying to spit out parts of yourself you don't even loving have, body.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I didn't tell anyone for over a year thanks to gender dysphoria and not having a close or trusting relationship with anyone in my lovely family. They think it didn't happen until I was 14, but I was actually 12. It wasn't easy trying to have a period in totally secrecy in a tiny duplex, but I managed.
:stare:

You poor fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm honestly really thankful I didn't have my mother to deal with when I had my first period.