Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I was on mirena for 10 years and just went off. I had my first period a week or so ago, it was not as bad as I expected, but my skin is SO hosed up now. I'm oily and starting to get pimples and a cyst here and there, even a stupid tiny cut got infected. My hair is grease city. It's worse than when I was a teenager. I can't wait til I get my nexplanon implant later this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Killingyouguy! posted:

Hormones are loving bullshit why am I so sad

I am sad, but also everybody is being so mean to me. Except for Ben & Jerry. But I'll regret that in a few days because omg the calories. There's literally no winning.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
You ever start a day just having bled through... everything? Of course you have; we all have. My whole day is poo poo now.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I'm not even sure if it is acne I have because I don't get the white pus type of zits, just a spread of rough red bumps.

Have you had any side effects from the Differin?

Sounds like you might have blind pimples or worse case scenario nodular acne.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I would like to hear about the parties people threw when the Dr. confirmed the baby maker was closed for business.

My mom says that hot flashes never go away in our family, so I'm thinking I'll just have a DJ instead of a live band.

You know, I had a pretty great sex education growing up. TV in the 90s and several years of actual education at school (I went to a nonparochial private school :smug: which meant we got legit science education) but I still don't remember ever learning much about menopause. I just came home from college one day and mom bit off the head of anyone who dared touch the thermostat.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Maigius posted:

I just started what might be my last full period for a while. I'm getting a Mirena installed while they're checking a polyp. I also had/have a ovarian cyst that was hurting, but I think it dissolved or something. I have a new gyno and I really like her.

I hope you love your mirena. I loved mine. Husband didn't care for them so much.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Pyrtanis posted:

Anyhow my husband said he can kinda feel the string sometimes but it doesn't bother him, the spontaneous no barrier sex on demand far outweighs that. What bugged your husband about it, if I may ask?

It was the strings. He called the device my "pokey thingy".

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Well my hysterectomy is in 12 hours. Wish me luck!

Ooh good luck!

I got a nexplanon implant like six weeks ago. It's annoying, but not constant or all that bad. But then today I started a period. I hope this is just the "tapering off" phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Cowslips Warren posted:

seen as the last time I was around human semen

What other types of semen do you hang around with??