Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.
Yo is this the place to discuss PMDD? I haven't been formally diagnosed or anything but for the past year or so I've been using Daylio to track my moods and there's a consistent pattern where I feel like a pretty normal human for maybe one or two weeks right at the start of my cycle and then everything goes to unpredictable garbage. I'm shelling out some money for one of those home hormone DUTCH tests because gently caress going to the doctor right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

HopperUK posted:

Hey that's why I started tracking mine, was to be sure that the occasional bouts of black depression lasting a couple hours at a time were hormonal! ..they are

Sweet (well, not really, but you get it)

Oddly enough I have noticed for the last 3 months or so that I get grouchy around the luteal phase for just a few days, then I feel excellent mentally during the period itself despite other period horribleness. However, 4-6 days into the cycle I get hit with absolutely awful feelings right around the time when estrogen should be increasing again. I'm trialing taking diindolylmethane (DIM) during these days to see if counteracting some of this estrogen will help. I hope that I can get some insight into what's going on and how to manage this through hormone tests and some trial and error because gently caress going through life with busted biology.

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

HopperUK posted:

Oh fascinating! Let us know how that goes if you think of it.

I definitely feel a hundred times better mentally during the period itself. Physically I'm awful, thirsty and tired and wrung out and exhausted from dealing with the whole mess. But mentally I can practically feel the moment when the period starts because I brighten right up.

Will do!

It's weird how much of mood and personality seems to be completely dictated by circulating levels of hormones. I guess this is just one more way my lovely genetics are presenting themselves. Definitely not gonna pass those on.

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

WHY AM I SO HUNGRY

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

HI FRIENDS! I'm reporting back with my test results I did with a mail-in service for funsies. I don't know how well these tests compare with "official" doctor ordered and administered ones so I'm taking it with some salt but there does indeed to be something fucky going on with my hormones. High progesterone, low FSH and LH, and my cortisol and testosterone are also bordering on low. I guess I should see an endocrinologist. Fun.
I hit up Dr. Google and I wonder if I have a hosed up pituitary, which would explain the FSH and LH, also my shortness, pesky lady beard despite the low T, and the precocious puberty (I got my period at 9, which was AWESOME let me tell you). If my HGH is low too as a result of hypopituitarism that would explain a lot of my energy issues. Apparently one in six people are walking around with pituitary tumors, so it isn't so unlikely.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

Good tip, I'll do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

Up until the last 3-4 years my periods were always moderately heavy and about 5 days long. Now, though, they only last one day, two maximum, and are extremely light, maybe 1 tsp per day tops. And the cramps are either non-existent or excruciating. I take naproxen when they're bad and this time it plus a heating pad is not even covering all the pain. I'm also now experiencing a ton of bloating the week before, and a lot of afternoon exhaustion... And occasionally feeling overheated and sweaty mid cycle, which I'm realizing now are maybe are hot flashes? Could I be in early perimenopause? I'm 35 and started my period age 9...

I had a transvag ultrasound last year which was normal. Not sure what the next steps might be.