Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

hell yeah signed up, hope i get an invite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Update on the Lost Ark alpha, download will be available when the alpha server goes live.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Update on the Lost Ark alpha, download will be available when the alpha server goes live.

Then why do I have it downloaded right now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

doomisland posted:

Then why do I have it downloaded right now

Did you pre-order one of the packs on Steam? I think people who applied a alpha code from Amazon, can download now. Pre-orders on Steam have to wait. So correction there, I think it has to do with the way Steam handles pre-orders.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Did you pre-order one of the packs on Steam? I think people who applied a alpha code from Amazon, can download now. Pre-orders on Steam have to wait. So correction there, I think it has to do with the way Steam handles pre-orders.

The download was ~50GB with my alpha key, for those who are interested.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Their class selection for release is weird. No Arcana and no Destroyer?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Pryce posted:

Is this a special stream or a 'we don't care about NDA' stream?

It's a sponsored stream but according to DatModz, they (the sponsored streamers) can stream it for the whole 5 days. The rest of us is bound to NDA.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
You can get an alpha code here if you follow PCGamesN twitter:

https://gleam.io/Qp142/lost-ark-closed-alpha

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Bardeh posted:

Oh, good stuff! Saved me $25 buying a Steam founders pack :thumbsup:

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Bardeh posted:

Oh snap! I didn't actually think they'd have any left, but I got one. Thanks!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Start of the alpha got pushed back, Amazon doesnt have a time when the servers will be online, but everyone should be able to download the alpha now that pre-ordered, or got a code.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Well at least their alpha forum looks nice

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I said come in! posted:

Start of the alpha got pushed back, Amazon doesnt have a time when the servers will be online, but everyone should be able to download the alpha now that pre-ordered, or got a code.

I demand the alpha be extended indefinitely!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

I demand the alpha be extended indefinitely!

:hmmyes:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Seems like someone should have alpha tested this alpha test :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chalks posted:

Seems like someone should have alpha tested this alpha test :colbert:

That alpha also requires an alpha that hasn’t launched yet.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I went to check Steam discussions and there's a thread complaining about Amazon asking the developers to include more diversity when it comes to character customization and NPCs you interact with.

:yikes:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Bardeh posted:

drat that was quick

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Feeling sorry for the devs currently trying to rescue their 2 day alpha test from what ever this issue is. Two and a half hours without a "we've identified the issue and know how long it's going to take to fix" probably makes for a stressful time behind the scenes

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

This alpha test is 5 days not 2. They're fine.

edit: VVVVVV i lied about not going to participate in this alpha, got a key too. I figured i should at least see how performance looks like for me since i have an old graphic card.

50Gb , drat but at least steam servers are fast.

madstrike fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 12, 2021

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
Giveaway with 13k keys https://mmorpg.com/giveaways/lost-ark-technical-alpha-giveaway-2000001013
(About 11k left atm)

Orv
May 4, 2011
Was just about to post that. Around 1k went in the time it took me to retrieve my account so get on it.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ty

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Servers are supposedly coming up now. It's going to be super weird playing this game without bad Russian voice acting and terribly translated subtitles.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

yep
https://twitter.com/PlayLostArk/status/1403507553040932866

edit: VVV oooh

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Was able to make a character and currently loading in :getin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is the monetization as egregious as it looks with them selling a $100 pack

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Managed to grab a key after all. Download looks bad, but still super hyped.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

eonwe posted:

Cash shop isnt available in the alpha.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

eonwe posted:

Well, Smilegate is a gacha company ...they're the ones that made Epic Seven.

The packs should probably be thought as, if you think you're going to ever spend money on the cash shop...definitely get one. Going by the RU prices, the Gold one is insane value just from the crystals and you get everything else added.
Do note that the pets (auto loot, etc) and mounts can be gotten for free. Not sure if you get costumes for free ...and yes, they give stats and can help meeting gearing thresholds at endgame, from what i've read.

I'm sure that streamers/youtubers who play or played in Korea/Russia will have more info about this eventually.

EDIT: By the way, by default they have Left Mouse as Attack and Right Mouse as Move...which is loving weird if you're used to other ARPGs. You can reverse it and keep you sanity.

madstrike fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 12, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh thank god, in this version you can skip the insanely long tutorial / story introduction chapter.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

madstrike posted:

50Gb , drat but at least steam servers are fast.

:smugmrgw: But yea, Steam servers are ridiculously fast.

I'm firing it up shortly, hope the servers are up. I've been so psyched for this game I can't help but feel like I'm going to be let down somehow. :(

[EDIT:] They're up! (I think, at the character screen). This game is pretty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The servers are up earlier than planned. :D Playing right now and enjoying the game. Its nice having all of the dialog finally be in english.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

jiffynuts posted:

:smugmrgw: But yea, Steam servers are ridiculously fast.

I'm firing it up shortly, hope the servers are up. I've been so psyched for this game I can't help but feel like I'm going to be let down somehow. :(

[EDIT:] They're up! (I think, at the character screen). This game is pretty.

I just finished the prologue. I held out on playing the KR/RU versions and i'm pretty pleased so far. The combat feels just as good as expected from what i'd seen from videos or streams. Still getting used to it tho :D

edit: pleased enough to sometimes forget about the alpha watermarks on the screen :D

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

In case anyone is wondering, Summoner is the "temp pets for 10-20 seconds" style not any sort of permanent ones.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

socialsecurity posted:

In case anyone is wondering, Summoner is the "temp pets for 10-20 seconds" style not any sort of permanent ones.

Playing now! One thing I'm running into is a lot of non-smooth gameplay (some micro stutter). My specs are fine so I'm wondering if the game isn't super optimized yet? Shadows aren't jacked up which I know can cause issues.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

I haven't had any performance issues so far and my rig is pretty ancient (nvidia 770 graphic card) ... :s that sucks

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Kudos to this site for making me break out my original email and password.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Is there any way to disable the npc's constant grunting, holy crap that is annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i grabbed a key now from here:

https://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/lost-ark-alpha-key-giveaway-steam/

not sure how many are left.