Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Idk about slicer dicers but pocket sawpups are pretty cheap to craft and hold their own pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
funny enough, my favorite throwable was the lowest tier one, decoys. You can throw a ton of them per turn and they seem to have a huge aggro factor. They're quite plentiful too. I had my mechanics guy almost dedicated to spamming them and pretty much nothing would target my team, sometimes willingly moving closer and wasting turns just to target my far away decoys.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Is there a good character/party build guide that's up to date with the DLCs? A quick Google just got me a bunch of guides from 2020 that contradict each other.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

The Unofficial Manual to Wasteland 3 is going to be your best bet. It isn't 100% up to date with the latest DLC and patch--yet--but this is the guide I used as reference for my current Supreme Jerk run and it's the one I would keep an eye on for when it gets updated. It'll get you 99% of the way there, though atm.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Proletarian Mango posted:

The Unofficial Manual to Wasteland 3 is going to be your best bet. It isn't 100% up to date with the latest DLC and patch--yet--but this is the guide I used as reference for my current Supreme Jerk run and it's the one I would keep an eye on for when it gets updated. It'll get you 99% of the way there, though atm.

Oh nice!

Also, another big bug patch dropped this week.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Bug that still exists: some named animals lose their name and are just called their generic animal name. For instance Bellamew just became "cat" :mad:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Unrelated to the :minnie: name bug, I'm replaying Wasteland 3 with all the DLC now and I gotta say it nails the "grim apocalypse with some silly mixed in" better than even the OG Fallout games did.

Like I don't want to overstate the nuances behind e.g. the hispanic murder clowns who love fire and pig fuckin', but I guess it's just that it's less HERE IS A POP CULTURE REFERENCE LOL and more just having weird poo poo exist in the world?

I dunno.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Heya
I bought the Colorado Edition* last week and I'm very happy with it
W2 and W1 remastered were a disappointment for me as those systems are just so clunky
but W3 finally got it down with a more streamlined set of skills/perks.

also there's a distinct need for a sshot lp for this game but my machine runs the game on the lowest setting, would anybody like to step up?

*all DLCs ,20$ on GOG

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Just got the base game for :tenbux: too and I gotta say, while I love the reactivity and everything uhh..
For the amount of patches they shipped, it's still buggy as hell.

I've had the radio/audiolog player break multiple times because it doesn't properly lock player input, if you do the 'wrong thing' while something plays it will just close mid message. Sometimes the player gives up completely and refuses to play anything (even from the database) until you restart. Hope you realized it before losing an hour+ of content.
Switching between realtime and combat is good for some laughs too. I had rangers who lagged behind the leader when combat started stuck in realtime, being able to shoot nonstop. Enemies walking around realtime during my turn. Infinite enemy turns without anyone moving. The whole shebang like it's 1999's Jagged Alliance 2 all over again.

Also I got a Vargas statue despite requesting the Patriarch one. Really sour about that :(

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The game sounds buggier on your machine than on mine but the statue is always Vargas, you just choose the inscription.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh god the combat gets really long when you fight 10+ enemies and you've got 3-4 pets/NPCs

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

By popular demand posted:

Oh god the combat gets really long when you fight 10+ enemies and you've got 3-4 pets/NPCs

you need to be one shotting more things. Lean in.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

If you're not opening combat with a rocket or at least a grenade you're doing it wrong.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I don't know whether the latest WL3 patch, the latest GeForce patch, or the latest Windows patch has tanked my frame rate, but I think I've finally reached the point where I just have to accept that I'm not enjoying the game enough to make it worth taking the time to debug the issue.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

is there any way to increase the zoom out distance limit? It's getting hard to have sniper fights.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Aaaand there's no way to sneak across the bridge in Aspen because the radio is scripted to activate. god drat.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Yeah, stealth isn't really supported despite being able to sneak. At best you can pre-position for a better advantage in combat and that's about it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah you want sneak for its ambush damage bonus more than being able to go undetected, which means put it on your sniper.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Not that disabling some turrets and starting the fight with a sneak attack is a bad thing, it's a pity the stealthy playstyle has been abandoned right on the edge of being valid.

Another thing, how come every other murderous psycho I meet asks to join? Psychos are for stopping. With bullets.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Not that disabling some turrets and starting the fight with a sneak attack is a bad thing, it's a pity the stealthy playstyle has been abandoned right on the edge of being valid.

Another thing, how come every other murderous psycho I meet asks to join? Psychos are for stopping. With bullets.

Yeah, there was a weird WTF moment where you've just gone through a horror show of blood and torture and the guy responsible can join your party, which felt really weird.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

And most people in game think it is is weird when you say yes!

Naturally in our co op playthrough my friend did and made said psycho a key feature of our party which leads to some interesting interactions.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I must repeat my demand for SSLPs, my machine can only run the game on the lowest of graphics and the game really deserves a good exploration for the public.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Everyone should do one playthrough with that guy in your party. He adds a ton of backstory and has some fun interactions. Not sure about the most recent DLC but Steeldown has unique interactions if you bring him with.

They do a pretty good job of humanizing the murderous torture psycho, its weird.

I liked his post game "Where are they now?"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Maybe on my next playthrough but next to the gang leader and the slaver I am really feeling spoilt for choice if I wanted to play an all ACAB party from hell.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Just got to Cheyanne Mountain(Cult of holy detonation DLC) and I'm just not feeling it,
Can't recommend unless you're into long rear end fights with security robots that only end after you find the switches to stop enemies spawning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

This game is fun as heck. Recruiting Vic ftw