Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I haven’t thought about BYB in at least 12 years I didn’t know they still existed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kwatz posted:

The Backyard burgers in my town just closed after 35 years. Sad day. I loved that place, not saying that it was the best thing ever, but a combination of nostalgia and actually decent product made it my go to whenever I had to be in the part of town it was located. Loved the season fries and the black and blue burger was better than I’ve had at lots of places. RIP Backyard Burger.

gulf coast?

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Potato cakes.

Especially when you know technically they still have them but you have to find a goddamn truck stop Arby's that serves breakfast to obtain them.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
McDonalds had chicken selects for years and I never had them until like a year before they went away. Those things were good dude.

And at some point Wendy’s had chicken tenders of the same variety but they went away after only being around for one year or some poo poo. The only good fast food tenders that still exist are from Popeyes now and there are none in my area.

I am a patient they.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I liked chicken selects and the buttermilk tenders too. McDonalds menu being so simple now really cuts down how often I go there.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Which Wich reverted to basically their exact old menu!

https://www.chewboom.com/2023/11/21/which-wich-launches-new-menu-with-more-than-50-sandwich-options/

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Their Club Wich is my favorite sub anywhere, so long as they keep that it's all good.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
mcdondalds clubhouse burger

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Nah, Knoxville.

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

Randabis posted:

Potato cakes.

Especially when you know technically they still have them but you have to find a goddamn truck stop Arby's that serves breakfast to obtain them.

Potato cakes dipped in Arby’s sauce were a staple in my diet over a decade ago. I do miss their 5 for $5.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

bacon cheddar potato wedges from jack in the box. used to get them with jalapenos added.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sine730
Jun 4, 2023

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet but I miss the tbell tostadas. They took it off the menu alongside potatos in 2020. They made a big hoopla when potatoes came back, but it was all a big trick to sweap certain menu items under the rug and come out looking like the good guys and feed us some bullshit line like "you spoke and we listened."

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i like potatoes and don't care about tostadas maybe you should've tried backing the right horse

i'm sorry that's mean actually everyone deserves their discontinued items to come back into their lives, your turn will come

sine730
Jun 4, 2023

Oh dont get me wrong, if I had to pick between potatoes and tostadas I'm picking the potatoes any day of the week. But more than anything I feel personally slighted by the fact that they think they can try to pull a fast one on me and I won't notice. They *kinda* brought it back with the mexican pizza, but thats a way worse version imo. The spicy tostada was simple and elegant.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Back like 20 years ago Wendy’s had what I think was called a limited “wild mountain” menu. Which is to say they had versions of their burgs and chicken sandwiches with a “wild mountain” sauce and poo poo was good. RIP. The sauce was orange and had a smoky flavor.

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7h0TBqA044

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i never had that thing but there are recipes out there that purport to replicate the sauce.

----------------

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Wendys needs to bring back the Super Bar buffet so I can eat cheap tacos and pasta

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Wendys needs to bring back the Super Bar buffet so I can eat cheap tacos and pasta

Pizza Hut as well with their salad bar.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

DeusIgnis posted:

Pizza Hut as well with their pizza bar.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Buffets and salad bars imply that you are going to eat at a place that isn't at home after the food is room temperature and I'm just not down with that.

GentleReject
Jan 16, 2024
Costco's combo pizza from the food court

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

Philthy posted:

Pizza Hut as well with their pizza bar.

Cici’s fits that void for me.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

GentleReject posted:

Costco's combo pizza from the food court

Such an improvement over the pepperoni slice. Sometimes I still order a take-and-bake pie and bring it home to add onions and peppers.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

DeusIgnis posted:

Cici’s fits that void for me.

We have a lot of Cici's commercials airing, but none in the area. The closest thing we have is Pizza Ranch, and you just want to die after you step foot in one.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Cici’s hits right, just make sure you have your antacid of choice on hand for the ride home.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

:eyepop: :drat: Looks even better than I remember…

But the real pro move was the Wild Mountain Spocy Chicken Sandwich.

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There is a CiCis in Phoenix but when I am in the area there are like 6 places there that aren't in Tucson that I'm going to go to first. But I am very curious about them.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Philthy posted:

We have a lot of Cici's commercials airing, but none in the area. The closest thing we have is Pizza Ranch, and you just want to die after you step foot in one.

Rick posted:

There is a CiCis in Phoenix but when I am in the area there are like 6 places there that aren't in Tucson that I'm going to go to first. But I am very curious about them.

I haven't had Cici's since like back in my poor college days so it's been a while (I'm still poor but lol whatever, not the point)

also Rick, I think they mostly retreated to Texas where I believe they originated, and the surrounding states, so you probably dodged the bullet there

anyhow you guys aren't missing much. I remember it being almost like lowest common denominator for what can be considered pizza and cheap as hell at least at the time (I think with a student discount back then), like all you can eat pizza for a few bucks, probably way more now like most fast food type stuff.

now I'm starting to wonder if I am remembering a different lovely all-you-can-eat pizza buffet place, but I definitely remember the dough and crust being carboard like in taste and texture and weak-rear end amounts of toppings. also doing the "holding out on the better stuff in hopes you cave in and fill up on the cheap stuff" move

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I miss the Double Dave’s pizza buffet which died here during COVID because they always had pepperoni rolls and Stromboli pretty hot and fresh on the bar and since you could request whatever you wanted to be put out on the bar beyond the standard toppings I could request a Buffalo chicken pizza when I got there and fill up on the rolls and ‘boli while the pizza baked

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Cicis pizza is terrible the only reason anyone ever went there here before it closed was because it was cheap piles of food.

Nothing about it is good except quantity. Highschool/College kids loved it.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Szyznyk posted:

Cici’s hits right

I cannot believe this statement. Cici's does not hit right. Cici's is the lowest tier of dog poo poo garbage. Just an absolute abomination of pizza.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Cici's is where you go to feed a bunch of kids pizza for cheap, like a birthday party or some such. kids like pizza and don't care where it comes from or how crappy it is. as far as chain pizza goes, i uh do not rate it highly.

----------------

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
What is the best fast food chain pizza joint and why is it Papa John's?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Mederlock posted:

You like having liquid shits

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Cici's is trash, school lunch quality at best. I knew a bunch of dudes who would goto Cici's to see how many plates each of them could clear. Everyone would get sick from overeating dumpster-tier ingredients, some going back for more after vomiting from overeating because it was a competition. I only ever had one bite of the pizza, poo poo was awful. The deserts were passable, but who the gently caress goes to Cici's for the deserts?

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

Mederlock posted:

Will never buy Papa John’s over his asinine comments regarding health care decades ago.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

papa johns should use panda express orange chicken sauce for their pizzas to cut down on the sugar a little imo

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Nikumatic posted:

papa johns should use panda express orange chicken sauce for their pizzas to cut down on the sugar a little imo

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Those motherfuckers introduced this heinous word to the world: papadilla