Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'll have a beta key (or two?) available if anyone wants to try it. I got the sponsor pack, it's not clear if my own key is counted among the two. Happy to play with goons too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

jabro posted:

I’ll take one if no one else pipes up. If someone asks for it because they can’t afford it or whatever I’d rather it go to them though.

I just want whoever gets it to use it to play! I've played a little in alpha and feel pretty good about its prospects once the NDA is lifted. I'd like to be part of a goon org even if it's small.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Elblanco posted:

I'll gladly take a beta key to try this out. It looks like a great game to make weird looking ships to explore and crash into planets.

I should be getting two then, so you can have the second!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SweetBro posted:

Does this beta have an hourly window? I was interested, but the UTC timezone made the alpha completely worthless for me.

I think the last alpha test was 4 days straight. I'm not aware of any time windows besides beginning and ending, though I'm sure rolling out updates will create downtime. They are charging for the beta so I expect it will be up 99% of the time.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Gonna be on the road most of the day today, but will send out keys after I get them if I get a chance.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Sent an invite to elblanco (in theory) if you can confirm you got it. I guess I have 2 more codes left, one is spoken for (just need an e-mail from them) so one more is available.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

zxqv8 posted:

I'm pretty interested in doin' this game, if you'd be inclined to share with another random goon zxqv8 at the yahoo.com or I'm in the goon discords too

Sent! In theory I've sent out three invites, though I get no confirmation on my end when I click the button so who knows.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Buttons were pressed, 2 invites are pending. It is impossible to know which two went through.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

zxqv8 posted:

Same story, looks like something they're working on. Thank you though! Hopefully it'll work :shobon:

I believe yours should be sent now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm in the process of building a glass cubeship.

My achievement the past few days was putting a ship inside of another ship which bugged it into accelerating straight down at 1G while piloting it. I got out to investigate (in space) and flew off into the void before killing myself.

The next day I bought a skirmisher, stripped off all honeycomb and non-essential elements and filled all the tanks about 25% so it could escape sanctuary. I chased down my ship, packed everything into a container, and safely touched down on my current strip-mining base on Madis 2.