Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
*runs into thread, breathless*

I got here after reading the new PC gamer review and it sounds incredible??

https://www.pcgamer.com/dual-universe-review/

Yeah, they only give it a 60, but putting on my critical thinking cap I think I'd like the game much more than the reviewer: I LIKE games with "friction", with long travel time and immersive systems that delay gratification.

My friends and I are immediately interested in playing this, we like Ark, Valhiem, Eve, Eq, etc, so we may enjoy a big, slow, deep game more than the reviewer.

So, I've just read the review, I'm at work, i haven't seen gameplay footage - what's up with this game??

Is it buggy?

Is it poorly optimized?

Do roving bands of pvp streamers descend on vulnerable players the second they leave the newbie planet?

Are major systems broken or missing?

Honestly, tell me what's bad about this because frankly I'm interested as hell and will probably try it this weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I read the entire thread after my post and I'll just say I have tempered expectations and yes I'll try the free version, thank you for the suggestion.