Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
This looks interesting if anyone else has beta keys to burn toss me one. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Got a Goon TM jetsled, got to goon space port and didn't blow up. It drives like rear end and I pilot like double rear end so really proud I didn't splode nothing!

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

That Works posted:

How's this game going so far? Just heard about it and it looks interesting. Would you recommend people start jumping in or eh?

if you like building and mining can go ahead and start, if interested in pvp or basically anything else give it time.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

FileNotFound posted:

If anyone still gives a gently caress about this game - and you probably shouldn't....but if you do - they reset the skill queues today.

So you'll have to reinstall - because I assume we all uninstalled - and requeue 3 years worth of skills before uninstalling again.

Thanks got everything re-queued, can't imagine I'll ever actually keep playing with their design decisions so far though.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

FileNotFound posted:

No.

It won't be.

This is entirely a release driven by the new CEO whose entire job was to "just get it out the door" and that is what is happening.

Original CEO/founder failed to deliver the 'vision' and the new venture capitalist assigned CEO is just focused on getting whatever they can out the door.

Most kickstarter claimed features have been cut entirely - I want to call it space minecraft but it's not even that deep.

Mining is gone because they couldn't make it work without crippling lag - now it's just autominers. There is no real content in the game beyond crappy UPS hauling missions.

This release is nothing more than an attempt to recoup the investment. Do not give them a penny. If you don't believe me - just wait a week and watch the reviews pour in.

Wow, mining was like huge chunk of what you even did in that game when I played.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
They ever fix combat so the best ship wasnt borg cube nonsense? Or make it not look like total boring poo poo?

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

floppyspud posted:

How can so many different companies all make terrible space games?

Surely at some point someone will realise how to make one that doesn't suck rear end or quickly fail.

Personally I think because they try to go to Sim heavy. Arcadey bullshit like wing commander is what we were raised on and enjoyed doing stuff in, actual space unless you start doing fantasy level science is kinda dull. (also they keep trying to make it loving mine craft in space for way over reach)

I kinda think wildstar was close when they actually did space themed stuff instead of re-skined WOW Barrens zones. Starwars on rails shooter stuff was entertaining as well but really, give me wildstar/star wars or better combat with some loving starfox Arena pvp level ship combat and we'd prolly be happy. Don't need to know the drag co-efficient of my loving wings or whatever.

Draynar fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Mr. Pickles posted:

Yeah. They should have gone full-on Planetside copycat with their game rather than try space engineers in a seamless universe

There are literally 0 pleople who want to play space engineers and those who do are likely also DCS players (ew)

Like, a single shard game where world pvp is a thing means: goons will come and utilize machiavelian doctrines to systematically drive the pubbies away and make the game crash and burn

Although it has also been argued that the game in itself was made just to accomodate the netcode which is infact the *real* product they intend to sell to like, other studios.

I don't recall netcode being great, lotta lag related to mining and people putting stuff in the towns which were really empty by design anyways. with a real game playerbase I don't see how it wouldn't have caught on fire.