Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

Bad games goons have an org - some of us have been playing for a long time.

e:

The game is absolutely chock full of armchair lawyers, CEOs, physicists, you name it that quickly reveal themselves to be idiots that you can blow up easily for fun.

I do highly recommend brushing up on your parabolic and kinematic EQs, or at least watch a youtube video that goes over classic motion, to assist your shipbuilding. Being able to plan your torque from adjustor placement and the ability to do a TWR calc will save you tons of anguish.

Bad Games Crew - https://discord.gg/MAA8nTD. Can't wait, the longer the title the harder they fall.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Delizin posted:

I added your group to the OP. Let me know if there is any additional info you would like included.

We have a general info channel, but its very limited, and only speculation is discussed. But for those goons, who purchased one of the pre-purchase packages, and are under NDA, we also have a channel. We just need them to notify us via the NDA Discord Channels in the Dual Universe Discord, and we can let them in...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Delizin posted:

I added your group to the OP. Let me know if there is any additional info you would like included.

We also ran a corp during Dual Universe NDA Beta called Wyldly Inappropriate

I dont know if the corp will be named like that for the Open Beta launch on the 27th, but since this game allows for people to be in multiple corps and the generation of federations is fairly simple, i dont think this will be a problem...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

jabro posted:

I'm not saying not to join Tempus' Discord but please keep in mind he likes use bots to keylog whatever you do on his servers.

goonphear

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

DrCaptainSir posted:

It's true. He got my nudes and then sent me a bunch of his. At least he was willing to be fair about it.

That was supposed to be PRIVATE... f'ing goons...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

dunkan posted:

I think this game has potential, but it needs a ton of work before release. If it's not a long beta it'll flop.

i mean its very early in the beta process right now... the game is a ton of fun... we spent a good amount of time this weekend mining and made over 25 million in the game's currency... not saying the game is perfect and polished, but the fun mechanic is in there...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

dunkan posted:

IMO it's a bit broken ATM and they are making a ton of knee jerk changes. Will be fun to talk more when the NDA lifts. I didn't play hard this weekend but did around ~15mil.

There are some server issues, and some instability on the planets as well as some issues with mining especially when going in groups... I mean there are a lot of things that are yanky... but the game is fun... things are ramping up at an elevated rate...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
This was posted on the Dual Universe forums https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/19567-introducing-our-new-recruit-a-friend-program/:

NEW RECRUIT-A-FRIEND PROGRAM

We’re pleased to announce that our new Recruit-a-Friend program, which will arrive at the start of Beta on August 27th, will allow players to earn great in-game rewards every time one of their friends' purchases game time. The program is built to reward the total game time purchased by recruits and not just the total number of players who were recruited.

As a Dual Universe player, you will be able to get a unique Recruiter link from the new Dual Universe website: when the new website is live on August 27, login in the header and select the Recruit A Friend sub-page of My account, where your unique link will be available. You can send it directly to your friends, or use the website’s built-in system.

Once you or your friend creates an account using this unique link, both of your accounts will be linked automatically! However, beware that once an account is linked to a recruiter, this action cannot be undone. Whenever your recruited player purchases game time for the first time, they will receive a special jump-start booster, which includes the following perks:
  • 1 Static core unit size XS
  • 1 Cockpit SKIN
  • 1 Container Hub
  • 2 Container size S
  • A two-seater speeder blueprint to venture in
  • A one-time teleporter for your friend to join you
  • 1 week's worth of talent points to freely distribute

--

Unfortunately, we won't have codes until the new website goes live the same day though... There is a good number of us that will have a lot of invite codes, as well as free beta keys... Feel free to hop on our discord to ask about the game and sign up for keys: https://discord.gg/MAA8nTD

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Shadowlz posted:

So I was able to play before at 10min to an hour at a time crashes but now my password doesn't work(It's right, I use a password manager), the website wont send me a password reset and logging into the website gives me a authentication error. Cool, cool.

And I actually paid for the game like a sucker.

I spoke to a Dev named NQ-Slater and he was able to fix the problem. He said It's a bug linked to a problem with our account activation and that it's nothing to do with our clients. It's entirely server-side. If your account in the game is named Shadowlz then he found your account and applied the same fix he did on mine. If its not working PM me on discord and i'll give you his info so you can reach out to him, all he needs from you is the email you registered with.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Delizin posted:

Seriously. I showed up to the markets with about 60kL of T5 ore literally 30 minutes after the unannounced market changes. I was planning on using the money to jump start my industry and get a couple pvp ships rolled out. I did manage to get a territory scanner earlier, but I've been crafting large weapons, radar and gunner seats for the almost the entire past week or so.

We did something similar the weekend before the launch and we got insta-rich.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
We created a new channel #widot-invites for those who need an invite to the corp in-game just type @invites and your in-game name e.i. @invites dumbgoon and we will send you a corp invite right away.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Selling the best in billboard advertisement screens... for goons, free with mats.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

RandomBlue posted:

Just waiting for you on the moon while you spend an hour telling everyone how much you love uranus. You know what, it was worth it.

and for that, i moved your ship to the premier parking spot on the moon base. =)

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
https://twitter.com/nmchro/status/1302480507138125824

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

that Dodgin guy sounds like a bad apple

he sounds like a cupcake

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

Thank you for your constructive post-Dual Universe J4G Silmerias.

I think the J4G joined to spy our secrets, clearly laid out in code in the forums.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
While mining in a planet far out, we found Spank's Goatse

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

a novel thing to poke with a stick.

Especially the mods in their discord.... #freedodgin

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

Unfortunately for the time being, the Devs/Staff seem hell-bent on making the game a very safe place. If you like playing space minecraft though its really fun

It's not that bad, there are the big orgs flying around killing the little orgs, we need more goons to fill combat boats... instead everyone is opting to crying in a corner because space elevators are broken... It used to be better when this pirate used to fly around in borg cubes blowing up people used to be around but then #freedodgin and poo poo happened...

We have gotten to the point where we have two pretty big industries printing ship parts, we have several combat ships, but no goons to populate them, so we have been limiting ourselves to go out to PVP zone on one boat, but if we find opposition of more than 2 boats we have to turn around...

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 28, 2020

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

flick3r posted:

What org are you guys in? I used to play back a few months ago but stopped because I didn't think any goons didn't stuff. I'd be down to pilot some poo poo and get blown up.

Glad you found us!

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 29, 2020

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Finished building the XL Screen that will go on the Space Station we are building called the Sean Smith / Vile Rat Appreciation Station. The screen and content look like this:

Currently waiting on game staff to approve the final image before we transport it to the space station.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FileNotFound posted:

I absolutely do not recommend DU solo - everything will take too long if you play by yourself.

and will burn yourself like the other goons that usually play solo and burn themselves. Instead burn with us, on the moon, in space...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

DrCaptainSir posted:

I'm hoping to get our space platform at least finished up in the next few days, just haven't been on. It will be really nice to have that done so we can park our space poo poo there. Plus when they make planet PVP and reduce the PVP zone it's going to make shooting mans more fun instead of just hunting main planetary pipes.

I want some of whatever you are smoking... I think the current safe zone will remain as is, or even if it changes, that Alioth, Sanctuary Moon, and the other two moons as a minimum stay as a safe zone.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
My communication on Discord with the Community Manager:

quote:

[1:34 PM] NQ-Naerais: Hey! Sorry, I don't know why I didn't get your previous messages :frowning:
So, yes you can move the ship, but please don't drag it into space to destroy. The intention of the manuver was to literally push it off your property :wink:
Can't you be a nice Pirate?

[1:42 PM] Tempus Thales: @NQ-Naerais thanks for that communication. I think the only item I didnt like because it basically leaves me a player who chose the piracy path, with nothing to do. Allowing me to move a ship off my territory, but not capture it or steal it is pretty dumb. What am I supposed to do as a pirate then? Steal a Large container full of Unicorns and Rainbows?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Massive PVP Conflict between Ascendency (AC) and Boo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi1yHMBSUnA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.