Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I really hope they expand the LUA capabilities with industry soon. Just being able to get container info and get industry unit info would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

FileNotFound posted:

I would suck dick for a LUA script that could change recipes on upstream production based on crate content.

IE low on this alloy? Change smelter to make it. Rather than having a bunch of smelters set on maintaining the quantity.

And before anyone wonders if you can do that - the answer is that there is currently no way to flip recipes with lua

Exactly.

Like, in order to get stats of a container the only info you can get its weight. So if you want to get a count of an item you have to have each container have a different item, and then do the math to figure out.

If you need to use the metalworks in two stages of building something, you can just say creat 100x screws and then feed those back in to make the next part, you have to either watch it and do it manually, or have a chain of metalwork industry set up.

You pretty much have to make way more units of everything just to operate. Even starting out, just having one smelter is a pain in the rear end so you need at least 3.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
One thing to note though is that I'm pretty sure the LUA code is client side, so you wouldn't be able to just create a script to automate it all and walk away. You'd have to have someone there for the script to run off of.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Guess this is leaving Early Access and heading to steam on sept 27th

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2000270/Dual_Universe/

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
You mean mining as in digging tunnels? Beacuse yeah, that's all I was really doing and was pretty chill.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Mr. Pickles posted:

I recall the vision for this game being super hype about some kinda groundbreaking awesum possum netcode they had which would dwarf all other games and achieve peace in our time

Does this still ring true some 3-5 years later, or is the hype gone in the wind? Also someone has to explain to me what was it about that netcode that was so hype

quote:

The world of Dual Universe is a single-shard, seamless universe. That means that there is only one server and one reality shared between all players, where people are free to move, gather, and fight as they see fit.

Not like there will ever be enough players for that to matter anyway.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I haven't played it since beta release, but building your base was pretty fun. I realized though it was impossible to solo, so bailed. Well I built my spaceship, blasted off to another planet, crashed and logged off.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
The "Free" version is up on steam which seems kind of interesting as it's not timed/capped at all but just a different server.

quote:

Gameplay is accelerated, meaning that the markets are seeded with useful items at greatly reduced prices. You’ll still need to make money on your own, but you should be able to afford the elements you’ll need to easily try any game aspect.
The Free Trial Server is regularly reset. This means that all accounts are deleted, and the server restarts completely from scratch periodically. You’ll receive a notice on logging in at least one week prior to the next reset date. The frequency of these server resets is yet to be finalized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Just play the free version and see what ya think.