Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

GloomMouse posted:

I still laugh when folks throw out Hyth transmuting butterflies into clothes like it's this chilling proof of the heartlessness of ancients. The WoL has slaughtered their way across the globe because some rando wanted a treat or to give a sweetheart a gift lmao

The game actually does write out a general sympathy for the creatures we kill for our own reasons; it's understandably a bit of a thin justification that doesn't come up that often, because it would be really tedious to, but it does come up.

I think the most relevant place where it did come up was the ARR and SB Leatherworkers' quests. That's exactly the place that you'd expect to have a relevant opinion here, and it's got a firm empathy for animals that's noticeably absent from Hyth or, really, any non-Hermes person in Elpis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

LTW lady would be loving thrilled if I could snap my fingers and painlessly turn animals into pants as long as I only use what I need (Actually she'd give me poo poo that I didn't do it nearly as well as I could and need to work harder)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Cleretic posted:

The game actually does write out a general sympathy for the creatures we kill for our own reasons; it's understandably a bit of a thin justification that doesn't come up that often, because it would be really tedious to, but it does come up.

I think the most relevant place where it did come up was the ARR and SB Leatherworkers' quests. That's exactly the place that you'd expect to have a relevant opinion here, and it's got a firm empathy for animals that's noticeably absent from Hyth or, really, any non-Hermes person in Elpis.

Thinking back to the 100's of karakuls I've killed for fleece to make outfits, and the 100's of karakul skins I threw on the ground because they are WORTHLESS.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Failboattootoot posted:

Thinking back to the 100's of karakuls I've killed for fleece to make outfits, and the 100's of karakul skins I threw on the ground because they are WORTHLESS.

There’s got to be a better way to get fleece, but how……….

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

There’s got to be a better way to get fleece, but how……….

we just don't know, I say, calling up Jandelaine to trim it from shoulder length to a cute bob

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

GloomMouse posted:

Someone else said it best: Hermes is a "became a vet because he loves animals" guy who doesn't really have the temperament for it
:hmmyes:

In a society that provided him better support, he might've been better-equipped to deal with the emotions that came from loss and despair, and shared that ability with Meteion. But Ascians as a whole can't even conceive of mental illness as a thing that exists, so they basically tell him to stop being overdramatic and childish, which leaves him spiraling and the overly-empathetic Meteion primed to get so devastated by grief that she can't see any way out except mercy killing the universe.

Or to be more glib about it, he made a cool bird to cure his depression, and then the cool bird got depression, too.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 17, 2024

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
I think the key thing is he made a cool bird to cure his depression and then didn't at all teach her how to handle like...anything.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
you hosed up a perfectly good bird is what you did hermes

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Cleretic posted:

Also Amon wasn't really well in the first place.
Yeah, Amon was already well on the way to depressive nihilism just from experiences in his current life earlier on, then he brings back Emperor Xande who goes “Nothing lasts, everything dies, why bother living?”, and then he gets Hermes’ life dumped in his head which then brings back the suppressed memories of “the entire rest of the universe is dead and there’s no higher guidance, no external true meaning of life. PS: your creation ended the world as was”

Hardly surprising that he decided to become the joker at that point.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
And then the rest of the Ascians just didn't notice for thousands of years.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

lines posted:

Honestly they probably thought manic Fandaniel was an improvement over mopey Fandaniel.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

lines posted:

Emet was either hibernating or being his usual oblivious aloof self, only considering his duty. Lahabrea was turning into insane cackling villain under the influence of the Heart and Elidibus' memories were actively erased while he was busy piloting Zodiark on the Moon. Lower-level Ascians were likely either mad with new-found power or were minions following orders, even though they were formally "overlords". Overall I am surprised they managed to function for so long, perhaps they managed it simply thanks to having overwhelming magical powers compared to everyone else.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean Lahabrea loving lobotomized himself after his wife went evil.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

I mean Lahabrea loving lobotomized himself after his wife went evil.

She was already evil, megalomaniac and manipulated by an evil alien rock before she even became his wife. I think his judgement of hearts of others was lacking.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dwesa posted:

She was already evil, megalomaniac and manipulated by an evil alien rock before she even became his wife. I think his judgement of hearts of others was lacking.

Also, it's explicit in the text that she was already evil and megalomaniacal before she found the evil alien rock. She would have eventually reached the same conclusions and tried to accomplish the same goals, all the rock did was enhance what was already there so that it happened sooner rather than later.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Amon: [telling Thordan I that dragon eyes are nutritious AND delicious]
Emet-Selch: Ah, he is trying to create circumstances for a calamity. Fandaniel ever was focused on bringing salvation to the star.

(Not that we know that Fandaniel was the Ascian who suggested it, but I feel like Mr. Dragon Torment Nexus could be involved.)

Or to put it another way: Lahabrea is as much of a mad scientist as Fandaniel and isn’t reading into this, Elidibus has the memory of a sieve, and Emet-Selch is so invested in his self-delusion that he could frame any action as proof uplifted Convocation members are exactly the same as their Ancient selves. I don’t think his fellow Sundered Convocation members cared enough.

Fandaniel also explicitly goes “Elidibus is dead?! Then that’s the last of the Unsundered and I’m free to do whatever the gently caress I want!” at the end of 5.3, so he was probably doing at least a little lip service.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Dwesa posted:

Wasn't he aware something was wrong with her even before letting her have the run of Pandaemonium and her whole hosed up project or however that went I forget? Like basically if someone finds out their partner is just dissecting neighborhood animals and is like "I think she needs space for her hobbies"

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

hopeandjoy posted:

Fandaniel also explicitly goes “Elidibus is dead?! Then that’s the last of the Unsundered and I’m free to do whatever the gently caress I want!” at the end of 5.3, so he was probably doing at least a little lip service.

Yeah, Fandaniel was fully expecting Elidibus to step in and rein him in if he survived going up against the WoL. Despite the memory issues, Elidibus was still quite capable of doing his job at keeping things in relative control until a Rejoining could be successfully triggered. He just happened to run up against someone who doesn't take no for an answer when it comes to saving the star, and had the backing and explicit help of his old friend. (Remember, we'd have been hosed if it wasn't for Emet giving us the means to get pulled out of where we get teleported to at the end of phase one of SoS.)

I'd guess Fandaniel was hedging his bets that Zenos could stand against Elidibus if needed as a backup, but that's not really in the text or anything like that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Onean posted:

Yeah, Fandaniel was fully expecting Elidibus to step in and rein him in if he survived going up against the WoL. Despite the memory issues, Elidibus was still quite capable of doing his job at keeping things in relative control until a Rejoining could be successfully triggered. He just happened to run up against someone who doesn't take no for an answer when it comes to saving the star, and had the backing and explicit help of his old friend. (Remember, we'd have been hosed if it wasn't for Emet giving us the means to get pulled out of where we get teleported to at the end of phase one of SoS.)

I'd guess Fandaniel was hedging his bets that Zenos could stand against Elidibus if needed as a backup, but that's not really in the text or anything like that.

Didn't Zenos in a generic Elezen bost wreck Elidibus' poo poo in Zenos' body?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ImpAtom posted:

I mean, you try playing a job you haven't played before or in a long time and see how well you do

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe? It's not clear if Zenos fought Elidibus or Elidibus just fled when he realized Zenos was basically an Ascian.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

hopeandjoy posted:

Amon: [telling Thordan I that dragon eyes are nutritious AND delicious]
Emet-Selch: Ah, he is trying to create circumstances for a calamity. Fandaniel ever was focused on bringing salvation to the star.

Emet-Selch to other raised convocation members: "The Fandaniel is too humble to say he is the Fandaniel. All the more reason to know that he is! As Written!"

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

God Hole posted:

Emet-Selch to other raised convocation members: "The Fandaniel is too humble to say he is the Fandaniel. All the more reason to know that he is! As Written!"

As it is written!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, Elidibus fleeing is what I'm basing that guess on. I don't think it'd be an easy fight for either of them if it came to it, but I think Zenos could ultimately drive Elidibus off to scheme some other way to put a stop to Fandaniel from ruining everything.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Glagha posted:

Wasn't he aware something was wrong with her even before letting her have the run of Pandaemonium and her whole hosed up project or however that went I forget? Like basically if someone finds out their partner is just dissecting neighborhood animals and is like "I think she needs space for her hobbies"

Yeah, he became aware of her true nature and then he tried to quarantine her in Panda AND also he tried to forget what he learned. Foolproof plan!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dwesa posted:

Emet was either hibernating or being his usual oblivious aloof self, only considering his duty. Lahabrea was turning into insane cackling villain under the influence of the Heart and Elidibus' memories were actively erased while he was busy piloting Zodiark on the Moon. Lower-level Ascians were likely either mad with new-found power or were minions following orders, even though they were formally "overlords". Overall I am surprised they managed to function for so long, perhaps they managed it simply thanks to having overwhelming magical powers compared to everyone else.
I imagine they also had the long view. There were probably a lot of plots that got nipped in the bud by local adventurers or the cops, but the Ascians also had the ability to just go do something else for 200 years, and possibly destroy any records of their actions along the way. A huge part of why they ultimately lose is that they tried to take two bites of the apple instead of waiting a hundred and fifty years for all the Scions to croak.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also Mitron and Logriff's massive gently caress up on the First put them into a spot where they needed a light aspected calamity immediately, hence why Lahabrea tried setting up so many and even ended up giving Thordan the weapon of his own destruction.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Onean posted:

Yeah, Elidibus fleeing is what I'm basing that guess on. I don't think it'd be an easy fight for either of them if it came to it, but I think Zenos could ultimately drive Elidibus off to scheme some other way to put a stop to Fandaniel from ruining everything.

Alternatively, Fandaniel could just lie to Elidibus and said he tried to stop Zenos but couldn't match him, with the intent to knife Elidibus in the back at the perfect opportunity.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
So some potential peeking at the Dawntrail job updates through Benchmark datamining (as brought up in this Reddit thread):

BlackmoreKnight posted:

You have to kind of learn the language of all this to read things properly. Unknown skills are new things. Type 3 upgrades are direct replacements of the button. Type 2 upgrades are combo/contextual buttons. Type 8 upgrades are sort of character stance dependent buttons. I'm not sure what Type 1 buttons all do to deserve that classification, maybe require or change some state aspect of your character?

aers posted:

Some clarification about types.
Type 1 just means the swaps require custom code.
eg Ruin (SCH) is Type 1 because Ruin gets upgraded 4 times by traits (Ruin -> Broil I through IV), and the sheet only supports 3 replacement slots.
All of SMN's rotation stuff is Type 1 because not only does it change depending on what egi you have out but also changes as you level, so there's too many combinations to map out in the sheet.
Ninjutsu is Type 1 because there's custom code for resolving different combos. Ninjutsu has always had a custom code path in the game since it was released in HW.
Dance steps are type 1 because they ping the server to get a random order and rely on your gauge state to track it.
The same applies to all the other type 1 stuff.
This code is all in the exe already.

Type 2 is status-based and Type 3 is trait-based, as noted.

Type 4 calls into the game's Action Manager and asks "can this action be used?". If true, its replaced. This automatically accounts for things like charges, cooldown, range, etc. I can't explain why something like Fell Cleave/Inner Chaos is listed as type 4 now when its a status-based change.

On Pictomancer:

The Pictomancer stuff that is listed as type 1 is hardcoded to be equivalent to type 4 in the exe. I think the benchmark snapshot caught a changeover in PCT design since there is some code that makes no sense in the exe (and the sheet overrides it anyway).
Type 0 is a placeholder for some action not yet implemented in the build.

Paladin posted:

(type 2 under status unknown[3827]) "Atonement"[16460] -> unknown[36918] -> (type 2 under status unknown[3828]) unknown[36919]
Atonement appears to get two follow-up combo actions, possibly only under a certain buff?
(type 3 trait unknown[564]) "Sentinel"[17] -> unknown[36920]
Sentinel gets a direct upgrade.
(type 3 trait unknown[565]) "Requiescat"[7383] -> unknown[36921] -> (type 2 under status unknown[3831]) unknown[36922]
Requiescat gets a direct upgrade, that then combos into a second action.

Monk posted:

(type 3 trait "Steel Peak Mastery"[428]) unknown[36940] -> unknown[36942] -> (type 8) "Steel Peak"[25761] -> (type 8) "the Forbidden Chakra"[3547]
(type 3 trait "Steel Peak Mastery"[428]) unknown[36940] -> unknown[36942]
(type 3 trait "Steel Peak Mastery"[428]) "Steel Peak"[25761] -> "the Forbidden Chakra"[3547]
(type 3 trait "Howling Fist Mastery"[429]) unknown[36941] -> unknown[36943] -> (type 8) "Howling Fist"[25763] -> (type 8) "Enlightenment"[16474]
(type 3 trait "Howling Fist Mastery"[429]) unknown[36941] -> unknown[36943]
(type 3 trait "Howling Fist Mastery"[429]) "Howling Fist"[25763] -> "Enlightenment"[16474]
Something seems to be going on upgrade-wise with the Chakra spenders.
(type 2 under status unknown[3841]) "Riddle of Earth"[7394] -> unknown[36944]
(type 2 under status unknown[3842]) "Riddle of Wind"[25766] -> unknown[36949]
(type 2 under status unknown[3843]) "Riddle of Fire"[7395] -> unknown[36950]
Apparently the Riddles all get their own follow-up actions.
(type 3 trait unknown[577]) "Bootshine"[53] -> unknown[36945]
(type 3 trait unknown[577]) "True Strike"[54] -> unknown[36946]
(type 3 trait unknown[577]) "Snap Punch"[56] -> unknown[36947]
Bootshine, True Strike, and Snap Punch all get direct upgrades.

Warrior posted:

(type 3 trait "Berserk Mastery"[218]) "Berserk"[38] -> "Inner Release"[7389] -> (type 2 under status unknown[3901]) unknown[36924]
Inner Release turns into something else under some condition.
(type 3 trait unknown[567]) "Vengeance"[44] -> unknown[36923]
Vengeance gets a direct upgrade.
(type 2 under status unknown[3834]) "Primal Rend"[25753] -> unknown[36925]Primal Rend turns into something else under some condition.

Dragoon posted:

(type 2 under status unknown[3845]) "Dragonfire Dive"[96] -> unknown[36953]
Dragonfire Dive turns into something else under some condition.
(type 3 trait unknown[582]) "Vorpal Thrust"[78] -> unknown[36954]
(type 3 trait unknown[582]) "Disembowel"[87] -> unknown[36955]
Vorpal Thrust and Disembowel get direct upgrades.
(type 2 under status unknown[3846]) "Stardiver"[16480] -> unknown[36956]
Stardiver turns into something else under some condition.
(type 8) "Fang and Claw"[3554] -> unknown[36952]
(type 8) "Wheeling Thrust"[3556] -> unknown[36952]
Fang and Claw and Wheeling Thrust turn into a new button (but the same for both) when under some state change (Life of the Dragon?)

Bard posted:

(type 3 trait unknown[598]) unknown[36974] -> "Shadowbite"[16494]
Seems like a new lower-tier version of Shadowbite's been added.
(type 3 trait unknown[599]) "Bloodletter"[110] -> unknown[36975]
Bloodletter gets a direct upgrade.
(type 2 under status unknown[3862]) "Barrage"[107] -> unknown[36976]
(type 2 under status unknown[3863]) "Radiant Finale"[25785] -> unknown[36977]
Barrage and Radiant Finale turn into other buttons under some conditions.

White Mage posted:

(type 2 under status unknown[3879]) "Presence of Mind"[136] -> unknown[37009]
Presence of Mind changes to a new button under some condition.
(type 3 trait unknown[624]) "Medica II"[133] -> unknown[37010]
Medica 2 gets a direct upgrade.
(type 2 under status unknown[3881]) "Temperance"[16536] -> unknown[37011]
Temperance changes to a new button under some condition.*

Black Mage posted:

(type 0) unknown[0] -> unknown[0]
Placeholder action.
(type 3 trait "Thunder Mastery"[171]) "Thunder"[144] -> "Thunder III"[153] -> (type 3 trait unknown[613]) unknown[36986]
(type 3 trait "Thunder Mastery II"[172]) "Thunder II"[7447] -> "Thunder IV"[7420] -> (type 3 trait unknown[613]) unknown[36987]
Thunder III and Thunder IV get direct upgrades.
(type 7 under status "Ley Lines"[737]) "Ley Lines"[3573] -> unknown[36988]
Ley Lines changes into something else when it's active. It's possible that "something else" is Between the Lines, but it's not the current iteration of Between the Lines if so (since the number for that is known).
(type 8) "Blizzard IV"[3576] -> "Fire IV"[3577]
Blizzard IV now shares a button with Fire IV and it will change based on stance.
(type 8) "Freeze"[159] -> "Flare"[162]
Freeze now shares a button with Flare and it will change based on stance.
(type 8) "Despair"[16505] -> "Umbral Soul"[16506]
Umbral Soul now shares a button with Despair and it will change based on stance.

Summoner posted:

(type 8) "Enkindle Bahamut"[7429] -> "Enkindle Phoenix"[16516] -> (type 8) unknown[36998]
New phase summon - apparently there's reference to a SolBahamut?
(type 3 trait unknown[617]) "Fester"[181] -> unknown[36990]
Fester gets a direct upgrade.
(type 2 under status unknown[3873]) "Searing Light"[25801] -> unknown[36991]
Searing Light changes to a new button under some condition.

Scholar posted:

(type 2 under status unknown[3882]) "Chain Stratagem"[7436] -> unknown[37012]
Chain Strategem changes to a new button under some condition - probably how we get that animation in the Benchmark?
(type 3 trait unknown[628]) "Succor"[186] -> unknown[37013] -> (type 2 under status unknown[3884]) unknown[37016]
Succor gets a direct upgrade that itself changes to a new button under some condition.
(type 2 under status unknown[3884]) "Emergency Tactics"[3586] -> unknown[37037]
(type 2 under status unknown[3884]) "Adloquium"[185] -> unknown[37015]
Emergency Tactics and Adoloquium also change to a new button under some condition - curiously, the condition is the same for both these actions and Succor's change.

Ninja posted:

(type 3 trait unknown[585]) "Mug"[2248] -> unknown[36957]
(type 3 trait unknown[586]) "Trick Attack"[2258] -> unknown[36958]
Mug and Trick Attack get direct upgrades.
(type 4) "Bhavacakra"[7402] -> unknown[36960]
(type 4) "Hellfrog Medium"[7401] -> unknown[36959]
Bhavacakra and Hellfrog Medium upgrade under some condition - this would be how we get the new Hellfrog seen in the Benchmark.
(type 2 under status unknown[3851]) "Ten Chi Jin"[7403] -> unknown[36961]
Ten Chi Jin changes to a new button under some condition.

Machinist posted:

(type 3 trait unknown[603]) "Heat Blast"[7410] -> unknown[36978]
(type 3 trait unknown[604]) "Gauss Round"[2874] -> unknown[36979]
(type 3 trait unknown[604]) "Ricochet"[2890] -> unknown[36980]
Heat Blast, Gauss Round, and Richochet get direct upgrades.
(type 2 under status unknown[3865]) "Chain Saw"[25788] -> unknown[36981]
(type 2 under status unknown[3866]) "Barrel Stabilizer"[7414] -> unknown[36982]
Chain Saw and Barrel Stabilizer change to new buttons under some conditions - likely how we get the buzzsaw in the Benchmark.

Dark Knight posted:

(type 3 trait unknown[570]) "Blood Weapon"[3625] -> "Delirium"[7390]
Blood Weapon now directly upgrades into Delirium.
(type 3 trait unknown[571]) "Shadow Wall"[3636] -> unknown[36927]
Shadow Wall gets a direct upgrade.
(type 2 under status unknown[3836]) "Bloodspiller"[7392] -> unknown[36928] -> (type 13) unknown[36929] -> (type 13) unknown[36930]
(type 2 under status unknown[3836]) "Quietus"[7391] -> unknown[36931]
Bloodspiller gets a direct upgrade into a new action that then combos into two other actions when under a buff. Quietus gets a direct upgrade into a new action when under that same buff.
(type 2 under status unknown[3837]) "Living Shadow"[16472] -> unknown[36932]
Living Shadow gets a direct upgrade when under some buff distinct from the previous buff that affects Bloodspiller and Quietus.

Astrologian posted:

(type 8) unknown[37017] -> unknown[37018]
(type 8) unknown[37019] -> unknown[37023] -> (type 8) unknown[37026]
(type 8) unknown[37020] -> unknown[37024] -> (type 8) unknown[37027]
(type 8) unknown[37021] -> unknown[37025] -> (type 8) unknown[37028]
(type 8) unknown[37022] -> "Lord of Crowns"[7444] -> (type 8) "Lady of Crowns"[7445]

(type 2 under status unknown[3893]) "Divination"[16552] -> unknown[37029]
Divination changes to a new button under some condition.
(type 3 trait unknown[633]) "Aspected Helios"[3601] -> unknown[37030]
Aspected Helios gets a direct upgrade.
(type 2 under status unknown[3895]) "Neutral Sect"[16559] -> unknown[37031]
Neutral Sect changes to a new button under some condition.*

Samurai posted:

(type 3 trait unknown[589]) "Third Eye"[7498] -> unknown[36962]
(type 3 trait unknown[590]) "Hakaze"[7477] -> unknown[36963]
Third Eye and Hakaze get direct upgrades.
(type 2 under status unknown[3855]) "Ikishoten"[16482] -> unknown[36964]
Ikishoten changes to a new button under some condition.

Red Mage posted:

(type 8) "Moulinet"[7513] -> "Enchanted Moulinet"[7530] -> (type 10) unknown[37002]
Seems like Enchanted Moulinet gets a conditional follow-up?
(type 2 under status unknown[3876]) "Embolden"[7520] -> unknown[37005]
(type 2 under status unknown[3878]) "Manafication"[7521] -> unknown[37007]
Embolden and Manafication change to new buttons under some conditions.

Gunbreaker posted:

(type 3 trait unknown[574]) "Nebula"[16148] -> unknown[36935]
Nebula gets a direct upgrade.
(type 2 under status unknown[3840]) "Bloodfest"[16164] -> unknown[36937] -> (type 10) unknown[36938]
(type 10) unknown[36937] -> unknown[36938] -> (type 10) unknown[36939]
Bloodfest changes to a new button under some condition that gets a two-step follow-up combo.
Placeholder action.

Dancer posted:

(type 2 under status unknown[3869]) "Saber Dance"[16005] -> unknown[36985]
Saber Dance changes to a new button under some condition.
Two Placeholder actions.

Reaper posted:

(type 2 under status unknown[3858]) "Gibbet"[24382] -> unknown[36970] -> (type 9) "Void Reaping"[24395]
(type 2 under status unknown[3858]) "Gallows"[24383] -> unknown[36971] -> (type 9) "Cross Reaping"[24396]
(type 2 under status unknown[3858]) "Guillotine"[24384] -> unknown[36972] -> (type 9) "Grim Reaping"[24397]
Gibbet, Gallows, and Guillotine change to new buttons under some condition (but the same condition for all three) that still change into the expected buttons during Enshroud.
(type 2 under status unknown[3857]) "Gluttony"[24393] -> unknown[36969]
(type 2 under status unknown[3860]) "Communio"[24398] -> unknown[36973]
Gluttony and Communio change to new buttons under some conditions.

Sage posted:

(type 8) "Prognosis"[24286] -> "Eukrasian Prognosis"[24292] -> (type 8) unknown[37034]
Seems to be... a change to Eukrasian Prognosis? Perhaps an upgrade like Succor, but not for Prognosis?
(type 3 trait "Offensive Magic Mastery II"[376]) "Dyskrasia"[24297] -> "Dyskrasia II"[24315] -> (type 8) unknown[37032]
Another modal change? ]Eukrasian Dykskrasia II...?
Two Placeholder actions.

Job 20 (Viper) posted:

(type 1) unknown[34606] -> unknown[0]
(type 1) unknown[34607] -> unknown[0]
(type 1) unknown[34614] -> unknown[34616] -> (type 0) unknown[34618]
(type 1) unknown[34615] -> unknown[34617] -> (type 0) unknown[34619]
(type 1) unknown[34621] -> unknown[34629]
(type 1) unknown[34622] -> unknown[34630]
(type 1) unknown[34624] -> unknown[34629]
(type 1) unknown[34625] -> unknown[34630]
(type 1) unknown[34626] -> unknown[34631]
(type 1) unknown[35920] -> unknown[0]
(type 2 under status unknown[3773]) unknown[35921] -> unknown[34636] -> (type 2 under status unknown[3774]) unknown[34638] -> (type 2 under status unknown[3775]) unknown[34644]
(type 2 under status unknown[3773]) unknown[35922] -> unknown[34637] -> (type 2 under status unknown[3774]) unknown[34639] -> (type 2 under status unknown[3775]) unknown[34645]

Job 21 (Pictomancer) posted:

(type 4) unknown[34650] -> unknown[34651] -> (type 4) unknown[34652]
(type 4) unknown[34653] -> unknown[34654] -> (type 4) unknown[34655]
(type 4) unknown[34656] -> unknown[34657] -> (type 4) unknown[34658]
(type 4) unknown[34659] -> unknown[34660] -> (type 4) unknown[34661]
(type 4) unknown[34662] -> unknown[34663]
(type 1) unknown[34689] -> unknown[0]
(type 4) unknown[34690] -> unknown[34668]
(type 4) unknown[34691] -> unknown[34669]
(type 1) unknown[35347] -> unknown[0]
(type 1) unknown[35348] -> unknown[0]
(type 4) unknown[35348] -> unknown[34674]
(type 4) unknown[35349] -> unknown[34675] -> (type 4) unknown[34681]
(type 4) unknown[35349] -> unknown[34675]
(type 4) unknown[34676] -> unknown[34677]
(type 4) unknown[34678] -> unknown[34679] -> (type 4) unknown[34680]
(type 2 under status unknown[3686]) unknown[34685] -> unknown[34686]
*With the three non-Sages getting some action adjustments contingent on an unknown status, could it be they're breaking down the pure/barrier divide a bit and giving all Healers some toggle between types, so White Mage/Astrologian Shields on GCD and big Scholar direct GCD heals?
Also, there's a lot of knowledge gaps here, this isn't necessarily all the changes for any job, or even the final changes. It's just where some of this stuff was at the snapshot of the build for the Benchmark.

It anybody (aers?) has some additional input or sees mistakes to correct, do let me know, I just wanted a place where most of this was transcribed and broken down into plainer speak.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Apr 19, 2024

aers
Feb 15, 2012

There's a SolBahamutSize command in the exe so the new demi is, well, SolBahamut. You're pretty much right about the rest, with the caveat that this entire sheet is brand new to the benchmark and didn't exist prior, so their system for action mapping has changed a bit in general.

Everything after type 4 has code I didn't want to bother to read.

Some PCT notes.

The reason some PCT things are type 1 is because the action can swap to more than 3 different actions, and the sheet only supports 3 entries. This is like Ruin->Broil->Broil II->Broil III->Broil IV which can't be repesented in the sheet, however the PCT action swaps aren't trait upgrades, but conditional identical to type 4.

The full PCT "abiltiies that replace other abilities" kit is:

base action 34650, button can become 34651 or 34652
base action 34653, button can become 34654 or 34655
base action 34656, button can become 34657 or 34658
base action 34659, button can become 34660 or 34661
base action 34662, button can become 34663
base action 34689, button can become 34664 or 34665 or 34666 or 34667
base action 34690, button can become 34668
base action 34691, button can become 34669
base action 35347, button can become 34670 or 34671 or 34672 or 34673 or (34676 or 34677 when a further extra condition tracked by the gauge is met)
base action 35348, button can become 34674
base action 35349, button can become 34675 or 34681
base action 34676, button can become 34677
base action 34678, button can become 34679 or 34680
base action 34685, button becomes 34686 under status 3686

which is 14 actions that all have secondary actions. some will be single target, some will be aoe, some will be removed before launch. in a different build of the game 6 of these buttons were merged into 3, they might re-merge. this is not the entire kit either, since any button that doesn't become another button isn't in this table.

Also its possible some of these are trait upgrade actions programmed a different way but it seems unlikely.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I cannot believe Golden Fuckin' Bahamut is going to be real

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Blockhouse posted:

At least if that's what happens, then that one guy I've seen who's working on an Alexander-themed summoner already knows what he's doing for the Dawntrail version.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Blockhouse posted:

At level 100, Summoners learn the great secret of Tural during the Calamity: they saw Bahamut over the eastern horizon and he looked fukken awesome, just completely sick, here's how to make your egi look that rad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sol Bahamutguy

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

it would be a lot funnier if I could summon Egi-Hydaelyn now

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

FuturePastNow posted:

it would be a lot funnier if I could summon Egi-Hydaelyn now

WHM should upgrade Glare III to Stone V, which shoots Mothercrystals.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Blockhouse posted:

My pet theory is that "Sol" in SolBahamut is somehow related to Azem/Sun

Also SMN artifact gear is cool and I already like it and maybe Sol/sun Bahamut is ALSO somehow related to Inca mythology.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 19, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am going to theorize that SolBahamut ends up being a Bahamut/Phoenix Fusion egi that you build up to. This'd pay off both the Ifrit/Garuda fusion from Eden and a similar fusion they did in FFXVI

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

We had Lunar Bahamut, why not a Solar Bahamut. Afterall the Allagans stuffed him in Dalamud to function as a power amplifier/regulator for the artificial moon’s solar aether collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It's actually called that because it's a Bahamut on loan to you from Master Gegeruju and is entirely unrelated to the sun.