Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Benchmark will probably be around the press tour so they can show off new job actions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Azubah posted:

Make her a dark knight so she can have an angry echo.

Fordola would be the angry echo.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
it's going to be the equivalent of the shadowbringers extra trailer where they dropped the "eldest and most powerful of primals" line sans context right?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Countblanc posted:

About 6-8 weeks before launch, so at even the most optimistic DT estimates it's a bit off still

I honestly expect it to be later than average due to the big graphics update.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjxd1O8K2GI

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
abilities, hunt npcs, mounts, side content. there's plenty of stuff to show off still.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Also the inevitable story teaser trailer that gives contextless spoilers and lines to incite violence in the fandom.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There will be a voice actor who vaguely sounds like Zenos and not a single person will survive the ongoing spectulation wars.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

This time they’ll imply they will kill off… *spins wheel*

…Tataru.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

This time they’ll imply they will kill off… *spins wheel*

…Tataru.

Sorry, every spot on that wheel reads Y'shtola.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Finally got around to doing the revamped ARR 2.0 finale and wow that Lahabrea fight is both cool and has dialogue that foreshadows future ancient stuff. Was that talk of 'true' magic and imperfect beings always in the fight and I just didn't notice because it used to go by so quickly?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Mister Olympus posted:

it's going to be the equivalent of the shadowbringers extra trailer where they dropped the "eldest and most powerful of primals" line sans context right?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also the inevitable story teaser trailer that gives contextless spoilers and lines to incite violence in the fandom.

I highly doubt that trailer will be going up at PAX. PAX is towards the end of March, still many months away from even the start of summer, and they've never released the "Launch Trailer," as they call it, so far away from release. They're much closer to a few weeks, with ShB having the longest intentional difference of 22 days and EW being the actual longest with 32, after the delay. EW's trailer came out November 5th, with the release date being November 23rd December 7th, ShB's was June 10th and July 2nd, StB's was June 7th and June 20th and finally HW's was June 16th and June 23rd.

They could maybe do the Job Actions trailer, but even that's pretty early. EW's was two months before release, ShB's was a month-and-a-half, and StB's and HW's were both a month before.

My best guess is that it'll be almost entirely stuff about the past 10 years with only a small part of the panel being about DT, which will largely be stuff we already know plus some new concept art and a new video or two of the graphics update and/or the new zones Shaaloani and Heritage Found.

Onean fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 3, 2024

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Sorry, every spot on that wheel reads Y'shtola.

I'm gonna laugh if the ninth time this happens actually sticks.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm gonna laugh if the ninth time this happens actually sticks.

No, even better: this time, she actually gets Flow to work properly, and comes back of her own volition.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

Cleretic posted:

No, even better: this time, she actually gets Flow to work properly, and comes back of her own volition.

This but instead of it working properly she ends up back on the first and we don't find out till patch content. Maybe a post credits scene like Gosetsu.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
An anniversary event would be a good excuse to show new videos and screenshots of existing zones and content in the new engine. Promo art of a brand-new dungeon boss wouldn't get nearly as much hype as in-game video of updated popular locations like Kugane or the Crystarium.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Vord posted:

This but instead of it working properly she ends up back on the first and we don't find out till patch content. Maybe a post credits scene like Gosetsu.

"when you've died as much as I have, you begin to do some research on the topic."

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Onean posted:

a new video or two of the graphics update

Get ready for a 2 hour video of Lalafell chins, where nobody will notice a difference, because LOL Lalafell!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Get ready for a 2 hour video of Lalafell chins, where nobody will notice a difference, because LOL Lalafell!

Lolafell, if you will.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I bet they're dropping the benchmark. Endwalker's benchmark came out in July 2021 for a November 2021 (originally) launch. A March benchmark for a summer launch works out timeline wise.

I can't find it but I think Yoship said something during some interview that they wanted to give people enough time to upgrade their computers for the new graphics if needed.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Early benchmark is especially good in this case because of the big change in requirements. People will need time to upgrade.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Finally caught all the way up with patch content and I love the cat in the hat. Maybe because I put an obscene amount of time into bg3, but she reminds me of Karlach in her enthusiasm and general vibe, which is a very good thing.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Khizan posted:

Early benchmark is especially good in this case because of the big change in requirements. People will need time to upgrade.

Yeah a lot of people are wondering if they need to upgrade their computers or not and it would be best to give them as much time as possible.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I expect one concern of theirs that could have held the benchmark back beyond the graphics update is also needing lady hrothgar and the AF gear to be feature complete. Benchmarks have always had the new races and armor in for character creation past ARR's (which just didn't have character creation at all - but did feature a male miqo'te as its face), and they'll want to have all that stuff basically locked down, new material effects on old gear and all.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I have to imagine they're going to have hrothgals and AF ready to go when we're like 4-5 months out. It'd be weird if they didn't.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Given what we know of CBU3, I'd be surprised if Dawntrail isn't like, 99% Feature-Complete already, and the remaining time is just hardcore QA.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Heavensward's Benchmark was April 27, the Tokyo Fanfest was December 20.
Stormblood's Benchmark was April 18, the Tokyo Fanfest was December 25.
Shadowbringers's Benchmark was July 2, the Tokyo Fanfest was March 23.
Endwalker's Benchmark was July 11, the digital Fanfest was May 14.

Endwalker is kind of the outlier for all sorts of reasons, historically the benchmark has been roughly 3-4 months after the last Fanfest. I wouldn't find it surprising if the Dawntrail Benchmark isn't until May.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I have to imagine they're going to have hrothgals and AF ready to go when we're like 4-5 months out. It'd be weird if they didn't.

PAX East is at the end of this month, so 4-5 months would be the end of July/August, which fits with the planned Summer release…

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

With the graphical engine overhaul they're going to need to add a checkbox for "lower graphics settings when at the Limsa aetheryte plaza".

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hogama posted:

Heavensward's Benchmark was April 27, the Tokyo Fanfest was December 20.
Stormblood's Benchmark was April 18, the Tokyo Fanfest was December 25.
Shadowbringers's Benchmark was July 2, the Tokyo Fanfest was March 23.
Endwalker's Benchmark was July 11, the digital Fanfest was May 14.

Endwalker is kind of the outlier for all sorts of reasons, historically the benchmark has been roughly 3-4 months after the last Fanfest. I wouldn't find it surprising if the Dawntrail Benchmark isn't until May.

Shadowbringers benchmark was May 23. July 2 was the release date.

That said, that puts things like this:

Heavensward - Benchmark April 27, release June 23. 2 months benchmark to release.

Stormblood - Benchmark April 18, release June 20. 2 months benchmark to release.

Shadowbringers - Benchmark May 23, release July 2. 2 months benchmark to release.

Endwalker - Benchmark July 11, release December 3. 5 months benchmark to release.

Endwalker is, of course, the outlyer. But as mentioned, with the graphics update, 4-5 months out feels right. It gives those who need to upgrade plenty of time to get parts and install them.

Or hell, maybe we're all wrong, and they're gonna drop a huge bomb on us, and announce a 3rd Job. Who knows? (It's not going to be a 3rd Job announcement)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It'll be an announcement of XIV Classic.
That's right, you can play it like it used to be - at 2.0 launch! Have fun with your Warriors!

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

(It's not going to be a 3rd Job announcement)

We already know they're gonna give us beastmaster as a limited job.

Which is to say, you're technically right in that they're not gonna drop yet another job on us.

Akett fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 4, 2024

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Akett posted:

We already know they're gonna give us beastmaster as a limited job.

Which is to say, you're technically right in that they're not gonna drop yet another job on us.

Oh yeah. Maybe they'll give us more info on Beastmaster…

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Kheldarn posted:

Oh yeah. Maybe they'll give us more info on Beastmaster…

If we hear any real information about beastmaster prior to 7.4 I will eat 99 eggs in game.,

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
If we get anything at all about Beastmaster this year, at most it'll be a few sentences vaguely describing what they do and maybe a piece of concept art.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

We're going to find out that cats can wear hats and the crowd will go wild

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That would honestly be the best news

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Two dye channels for Hrothgar fur, but no hats because the code is load bearing and adding them made Cid's dad's beard disappear again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hogama posted:

It'll be an announcement of XIV Classic.
That's right, you can play it like it used to be - at 2.0 launch! Have fun with your Warriors!

NIGHTMARE.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRaggedQueen
Mar 4, 2015

Yeah, no.
Kinda hoping we get another activity area like Eureka/Bozja in DT. They've got two iterations of it to draw from at this point and plenty of data, so I don't see why they couldn't make something that combines the two for a better experience. Admittedly any combo of the two is like 90% Bozja with zones that don't look like poo poo, but still.