Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh man does the alliance raid questline really end on that note of uncertainty?

Anogg and Konogg :smith:

Yoko Taro you did this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Starting the final round of cutscenes and I know this is a big moment and I'm feeling it too...

But I also can't stop thinking about a Curb Your Enthusiasm-style thing where like the WoL drops these soul vessels in a chocobo stable or something, or hilarious body swaps, or

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm sorry, his name is Fan Daniel, lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Slider posted:

Best part of the patch was the emet hand wave

nothing else to add

Someone in the FC screencapped my reaction to that exact moment lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You know, I feel vindicated that I chose Azeyma as my deity all that time ago when starting the game, makes me feel like the real protagonist

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hmm... I'm thinking about the NieR raid and what was it that would make Yoko Taro say "If we die, we die"?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm disappointed that there's never a dialogue option to call him Raha. I guess the WOL likes to keep things formal.

I liked that Krile does this, which makes sense

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Power levels are canon, this is the only explanation for the end of Act 1 in Stormblood. Also the cell games Omega

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Challenge Complete is a very good sticker

Is there a way to resize stickers

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Alisaie is like the primary Scion involved in the "tempering is hosed up, what can we do about it" storyline, with deeply personal connections driving the story in multiple patches

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That wave was what sold me on how good they've gotten with animation since 5.0

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

*soldier 76ishly*
We are all Warriors of Light now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Transporting bread across shards this patch had me thinking about aetherology questions

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

So what exactly happened in the Heroes' Gauntlet, then?

The proper summoning ritual brings people over entirely, which is what happens to the WoL and the others in the Hades trial. Botching it gets what happens to the other Scions, separating soul/mind from body, but there's still a tether.

Elidibus says he basically did a smash and grab on a bunch of heroes with their souls not even needing to be whole? Does that mean there are a bunch of people who are soul-damaged or whatever across the shards now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Androids and Machine Lifeforms are also from space.

Ultima, the High Seraph is from ???

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hmm this has me thinking... does the 5.3 raid development mean that the 2B/2P mirror match from Soulcalibur VI is indeed part of a unified canon...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw9Uq_C8AJA&t=11s

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 13, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That's the same legion as the one in the Ivalice raid right? Weird that the IVth is the one for that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Bozja is near Ivalice I think. And quite the distance from Garlemald proper, so an airship heavy force would probably be useful.

Yeah I think they're in the same location, but just with the general "legion number vaguely resembles game number"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is thancred just gonna go full magitek in 6.0

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If archon loaf is jam-packed with aether...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did people complain about there being too much stuff to do to unlock the Ivalice raids? Because the NieR unlock quests are breakneck in comparison.

They probably could do more with the intermission quests and the ones post-raid if they wanted to, though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Fan Daniel, lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

We are absolutely going on a sundered Ascian murder spree in 6.0 lol

It sounded like this happened in 5.3 as well, completely offscreen

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Does that include patch content

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh yeah they did that weird Ascian merging stuff, has that ever come up again

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am sorry, his name is friggin "FANDANIEL", just like how I can't help but tear up when thinking about a bunch of moments in 5.3, I can't help but giggle every time I read that name

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sinteres posted:

I was waiting for Zenos to snap and murder him, so yeah I'm on team 'he's going to get sick of this poo poo.' I really really hope Zenos isn't actually the primary villain of 6.0 though, since we already played that expansion. That said, we presumably still have to deal with the Empire once and for all at some point, and he's just about the only character left we know (aside from Gaius), so maybe it's inevitable.

I hope the groundwork in 5.4 and 5.5 will be good.

Speculating about what the hub cities in 6.0 will be... is Terncliff a teaser? With the importance of the SoFro being established and its proximity to the Garlean empire itself, I'm still hoping for Radz-at-Han

Cleretic posted:

I think it came up in the all-roles capstone quest, but I don't recall exactly.

Cylva says that Ardbert "granted them that what he refused me," aka death, but no specifics

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 16, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Still need to watch the NieR stage play and listen to the audio drama

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

The final n3 boss will simply be a raid action of a button that has a 20 second timer. If anyone presses the button, the raid wipes

quote:

Yoshida showed off a peek of The Puppets Bunker, the second chapter of the YoRHA Dark Apocalypse alliance raid compilation with NieR Automata. They had to adjust it a lot in testing and when they showed it to Yoko Taro he said “Oh if we die, we die, ok? You should make it so that the whole raid wipes if you press this Duty Action.”

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

He uses True Living Dead on the raid

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I think painting the Elidibus theory as "punching a baby" isn't really in good faith, I can imagine him being a precocious teen, which if you look at the history of FF protagonists... would not be out of place at all.

And I know there were people complaining about "ugh why are we starting off this patch with more fetch quests, dumb delivery filler AGAIN" but it is a solid writing plant to start this chapter off by encountering kids who are imagining how they would save the world

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

What does that mean for Zodiark, anyway, now that it's a heartless angel?

Oh no our HP has been reduced to 1 :ohdear:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have moved past the "Elidibus kid" reading and am charging full bore into "Elidibus is Obama" territory, it's very satisfying

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

it does make this line a bit more ominous though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The whole thing about Fandaniel being obsessed with gold does add to that, I think.

Personally I hope it means that 6.0 will be a commentary on the limitations of individual heroism in the face of capital accumulation

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The closest anyone has legitimately come to killing the WoL was a waiter

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

multijoe posted:

That's pretty much the implication from everything revealed so far though, Azem wasn't aligned to the Zodiark or Hydaelyn factions and probably wasn't onboard with the idea of the fracturing of the Source. Everything seems to be building towards moving past the need for artifically constructed godheads that rewrite the rules of creation and putting the ol' reigns of history back in the hands of man.

Putting the reigns of history back in the hands of man, eh
https://twitter.com/Dreamboum/status/1230918150465761280

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

pretty sure Anogg and Konogg got White Chlorination Syndrome from the factory...

(We'll be fine because of the Blessing of Light or something)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That owns so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Still one of my favorite scenes because it's just four gruff British dudes growling at each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvqnIyDmMso&t=626s