Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hello friends, this is the spoiler discussion thread for your favorite catgirl dressup simulator. Everything up through the end of the 5.3 story is on the table here. No need to use spoiler tags.

:siren: IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE MAIN STORY QUEST "REFLECTIONS IN CRYSTAL", CONTINUE READING AT YOUR OWN RISK :siren:

So, the biggest plot bomb by far is the fact that the Warrior of Light might be the incarnation of Azeyma, or Azim, or countless other sun gods throughout Eorzean history. The first thing that made me think is that it really shines a different light on Magnai asking you if you're his moon. Turns out he was only slightly off.

Also Hythlodaeus is a sassy bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

erenoyo posted:

Why can't Elidibus remember? Emet-Selch didn't have much difficulty.

Elidibus became a primal, which meant that his identity was being slowly subsumed by Zodiark. He knows his purpose and nothing else.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I legitimately laughed out loud at the end when Alisaie straight up complained about not getting any character development.

Also I'm gonna bet that's hinting at the twins getting new adult character models in the next expansion.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh btw, Unukalhai has a little more to say about Elidibus when you finish the story.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MelvinBison posted:

Admittedly, I'm in livetweeting mode right now but I'm chiming in to say SETO GOT CLOSURE I DIDN'T KNOW I WANTED THIS :3:

I cried like a baby at this scene :qq:

drat this game for making me feel things.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh, I just realized that the shade who summons you back from the void is probably the shade of Emet-Selch, which is why he's doing his trademark sassy handwave. I thought it was Hydlothaeus for some reason.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you talk to Y'shtola after the story is over (she's in the nursery with Urianger), she speculates that, since the Crystal Tower is technically G'raha's territory, it's probably not fair to call him Tia anymore.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

Zenos yae Galvus is probably the the biggest misnomer in the game, because not once has anyone looked at Zenos and said "yay"

That's why he's zos now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

I have no idea how he'd react if the WOL ever calls him G'raha Nunh.

I'm disappointed that there's never a dialogue option to call him Raha. I guess the WOL likes to keep things formal.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I think Equilibrium's fan transcription was the best. Completely wrong, and completely missed the theme of the song.

I remember this.

♪An empty heart the light shall seek...♫

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cid is a big GWAR fan.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I hope that Ryne shows up in the final chapter of Eden as a gunbreaker.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nibble posted:

I started an alt. In the cutscene where you pick up your first crystal, you get the “Hear... Feel... Think...” followed by a vision of a starshower.

I know they plan pretty far ahead, but imagine slipping that in only to pay it off nearly ten years later. :aaa:

That's not really planning ahead, just referencing back to something.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's definitely tighter than I remember it being (:wink:) waaaay back five years ago. I suspect that it's the equivalent of doing the EX trial at minimum ilevel.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Got our WOLEX clear way sooner than I thought we would. Of course, we also got a really easy combo of specter phases (DRK and BLM) so we still have the other two to learn :shepface:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousBreakableSnoodAMPTropPunch

WOLEX will use Hallowed Ground if you ever try to use a damaging limit break on him :lmao:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Arist posted:

And you only lose eight seconds of uptime!

Yeah there's no way that an LB3 is worth 8 seconds of raidwide dps.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

A melee LB3 is 9000 potency. Lets say 8s is 4 gcds that are interrupted, thats an average of 281.5 potency per person per gcd.

So, no. Not good.

Well that's not entirely accurate, since I'm pretty sure LB damage is calculated based on the entire party's stats. You'd have to compare raw damage. My party's total dps last night was ~81,000, so the LB3 would have to do 810,000 to break even. I don't think LBs can get that high yet.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This game knows me far too well.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eox posted:

Crossposting it because it's a golden post

At first I thought "hey that sounds a lot like Spira and Sin" and then I realized how much Spira reflects our own world. And then I got sad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Definitely Lahabrea.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Someone post the gif of Emet-Selch giving the side-eye for me, I can't find it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I wonder if it's intentional or a coincidence that the Ancients sound like adults in Charlie Brown cartoons.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Final Fantasy XIV 5.3 Spoiler Thread: Please kill us with a funky beat!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How about Onlyfandaniel, has anyone made that joke.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zomborgon posted:

They aren't the only ones that have some ties to the times before. Sharlayans have several, visual and otherwise.

Never forget what a big loving dork Alphinaud was, and continues to be.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's the fastest way to do it anyway! Nobody cares about the loot in the treasure room.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The towers showing up in all the major regions of the world is a really cool detail. iirc changing the world like that isn't something that's been done since Dalamud started to fall, which makes it all the more ominous.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's all connected, don't you see?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I know it's only two data points, but with Emet-Selch being Hades and Loghrif being Artemis, I think it's a pretty solid bet that the rest of the Convocation's true names are those of the Greek gods.

Mitron is definitely Poseidon at the very least, since he was all about the ocean. Likewise, Halmarult is probably Demeter.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Dec 17, 2020

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well I obviously wasn't paying attention.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bruceski posted:

My completely random guess is that the Sharlayans made some deal of neutrality, "you don't get in the way and I kill you last won't go after you." Either because they might know something to stop it or just cruelty to the Scions.

My guess is that they know the world is ending, but rather than try to stop it they're going to try to preserve what little they can (ie themselves) to survive to the next astral era. Keep in mind that the twins' dad is a big fan of Nyunkrepf, the guy who build the big ark in the Peaks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

And as such, we would all be better off if we didn't read Moofia's posts
Nyunkrepf Nyunkrepfsyn was Emet-Selch

Yeah that's definitely a name that Emet would come up with.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just want to point out that Sharlayan is technically a representative technocracy, not a true democracy.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CYBEReris posted:

honestly I think since the arc is concluding they might for once address the consequences of y'shtola cheating death so many times and have her choose to go out with a bang instead of a whimper

Yeah they've definitely hinted in the past that she's living on borrowed time. Matoya pretty much outright states it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I was really worried about the choice about Misija because to me it sounded like the options were either "I'll kill her myself" or "let's just leave her to bleed to death".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:agreed:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The thread title is bothering me, it should be eikonnoisseur :france:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Thanks to whoever fixed the title :kiss: