Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

He hasn't tried to solve this problem by suicide yet so he's already doing pretty good for G'raha standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Isn't machinist primarily based on Lominsan gunpowder?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Melomane Mallet posted:

It's gonna be Anima. Change my mind. :colbert:

Do we know who Zenos' mom is, incidentally?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I don't mind Zenos as much as most people do, but in comparison to most of the villains in this game (Nidhogg, Yotsuyu, Emet-Selch, Elidibus) 'I want to fight strong people and am willing to do bad things because of that' is kind of boring.

Doesn't help that his base character concept means that he spends most of the time sitting around being bored.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only problem with Ran'jit is that Ryne didn't get to kick his rear end too.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

No, Zenos wants to throw the moon at us as a weapon.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Bell_ posted:

Another streamer stunned into silence for half a minute when Haurchefant saves them.

These reactions take me back. The story through ARR and HW made me so angry (in a good way)

Yeah, I'm just waiting for someone to make a 2.55/Hauchefaunt death/Shadowbringers ending compilation from all these streamers.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mean to be fair even a nice primal that doesn't do anything bad still needs to die or else it will drain the aether out of the land. See: Alexander, Ramuh.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

Yeah I have a feeling it's gonna be SGE : SCH :: WHM : AST. This solves two problems, too, since iirc they said Sage and Scholar shields wouldn't stack; If Scholar has a ton of buffs to give it won't feel quite as bad that you're losing healing if you have a Sage and Scholar in the same group, and MSQ/Alliance Raid content is never going to be difficult enough that you're going to die because you didn't have the extra healing.

Personally, Scholar was by far my least favorite healer to play so I wouldn't mind if it changed dramatically, no disrespect to any SCH mains.

As a SCH main, no disrespect taken, because I also wouldn't mind if it changed dramatically.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Alphinaud will, in fact, be exactly one ilm taller.

Alisae, of course, will be Viera height.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Let me live my dreams of the WoL falling into a magical sleep and waking up years later to grown up versions of Alphinaud, Alisae, Ryne, and Gaia, who have teleported over from the First because they can do that.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mean they're ending the story of Hydaelyn and Zodiark. It's certainly feasible that the scions will scatter or die or otherwise not be relevant, but it's not guaranteed, and given how popular some of them are, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple stick around at least.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mean personally I just think it's unlikely for them to write G'raha off, given how hugely popular he is.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

the_steve posted:

Honestly, I keep waiting for the "consequences" to happen that everyone keeps alluding to wrt her loving with her own aether to gain Daredevil vision.

I'm fairly certain the 'consequences' are standard 'this ancient forbidden technique lowers your lifespan', IE it's Bad because it will Kill You Eventually but not in a timeframe that is liable to actually show up in the show/game/whatever.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

It's tough. I don't think what happened to Loghrif is concrete proof Emet is dead given that she was Sundered and enough of her remained in Gaia that Mitron was able to use it to influence and manipulate her. Saying that he's dead because it's written with finality is basically just saying "He's dead because it feels good to me that he's dead", which, okay. I can't argue with that. The proof I'd require of him being dead would be some kind of explanation as to how the aetherblade was able to prevent his soul from simply coming back together, even in sundered pieces, after being dispersed.

It's saying 'Emet-Selch is dead because otherwise the scene is written horribly'.

And while I can certainly see not trusting SE with dead scenes, considering Nanamo, I think they've learned enough that giving your villain a dramatic death scene in which he asks you to remember him is not something that should be overwritten with a technicality.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

I’m actually sorely disappointed that isn’t real.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I was surprised to run into Sidurgu on my alt who has never even unlocked Dark Knight, just hanging out in the Forgotten Knight. I don't usually remember seeing job quest npcs out in the wild like that. Class, occasionally, but not job.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Most of the parts where WoW brings up your race are the racial starting zones and minor dialogue changes that don't really matter, just like FFXIV.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Can someone tell me the quests where we kill refugees gets better?

If it's the quest I'm thinking of, I don't think you actually kill them, you just beat them up so they don't think they have the strength to rebel.

As to your actual question...not really.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Speak for yourself. My Azem's name was Dionysus. It adds to the tragedy of us refusing drinks.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only problem with the Exarch's plan is that he made Urianger lie to us again and I'm getting tired of it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Fair.

The only problem with the Exarch's plan is that he gave Urianger an excuse to lie to us again and I'm getting tired of it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah I think it's the perfect thing for a Tales from the End for the next rising or whatever, not something for the MSQ.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Given the game's general theme of 'racism is bad' and the fact that we apparently joined forces with all of the beast tribes at the end of Shadowbringers, I fully expect there to be at least some Garleans who are not tempered and we join forces with.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Maybe the expansion after endwalker can be an X-2 tribute.

Just think, you can show up at Garlemald and find that Lolorito has made it an amusement park! When you complain he comps you a room at his manderville golden saucer competitor on the moon.

Only if they add in a 2 pistol wielding gunner class at the same time.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The first merchant you meet on the first could be the fourth brother to the merchant triplets in the source.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The dualcasting mages is a FF4 reference, but I imagine the rest of it is just the cast of FF4 having a lot of standard FF classes/jobs in it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'll start fighting Rathalos as soon as a gunlance class is put into the game and not a day sooner.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah I very much want a dps version of both warrior and dark knight and it is sad we aren't getting berserker.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'd be the most confused by the ones depicting someone from an alternate dimension personally.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Isn't the Idol of Darkness just 'the fairy' that Gaia was talking to, which means it's Mitron?

In any event I don't think it will be as simple as 'Zodiark bad Hydaelyn good'. Either both of them are good or their morality doesn't matter because they're primals and everyone knows what we have to do with those.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

jokes posted:

The “sound” was the grinding of the wheels of capitalism bearing ever nearer to Eorzea and we defend the world from Alien capitalists next expansion.

We have more than enough on Eorzea to fight, we don't need more.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

https://twitch.tv/videos/64965616 says the loc team told them it was pronounced similar to 'mock' but with the a in mach.

At 35 minutes in.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 30, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

multijoe posted:

The white and gold colour scheme, the polished marble floors and faux-classical architechture, it's just so tacky and noveau rich in that aesthetic I'm sure it was a deliberate inspiration

Alternatively it was meant to be 'heaven'. You know because Sin eaters have an angel motif.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Considering what YoshiP said about the problems with the two-job-one-class approach I imagine if it was simple enough to decouple the two of them they already would have.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Giott is the best and she's, like, reason number 4 I wish some sort of travel between the First and the Source gets discovered.

And considering how much I love the first reason number 4 is still pretty great.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Finally did all the Crystalline Mean stuff. The quality was a bit all over the place and I didn't like how we went from helping out the entire Crystarium in three of them with helping out an individual company in two of them, but the final scene was sweet and I would talk about Amaro with Bethric for hours.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I can't tell if that's disappointing or amazing.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You know the most recent of Sanguinia's newbie journal has be thinking, was there ever a point in which a group violently rises up against their own government and has it go well and be portrayed positively? There's a bunch of throwing off the oppression of foreign governments, like 4 provinces rebel against the Empire and we help them, but every time there's an attempted rebellion by Ul'dahns against Ul'dah or Ishgardians against Ishgard it is portrayed, at best, as a misguided attempt that will cause more problems than it solves and at worst it's outright being manipulated by those in power.

Like there's at least two or three attempt rebellions by the Ala Mhigan refugees and those are all bad for one reason or another, F'lhammin and friends tried to start a revolution but gave up after accidentally killing Minfillia's dad, the heretics from Ishgard are portrayed as equally bad as the Church and Hilda's proto-revolution doesn't do much, Ala Mhigo's original attempt at a revolution was manipulated by the Garleans, I've heard bad things about the samurai job story...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Are we not counting the dissolution of the church's power in Ishgard a revolution? It's definitely a coup of some kind if nothing else.

The Ala Mhigan refugee plots are all aimed at the Garleans, so that's still throwing out an occupying force. The original resistance against King Theodoric had direct continuity to the resistance you help in Stormblood and I don't think we ever actually know that the Garleans manipulated that so much as they just saw an opening and took it?

e: oh right Ishgard is a republic now with a parliament that absolutely counts as a revolution

I do suppose there's some fighting between Ishgardians when the pope captures Aymeric and we go to rescue him, but most of the actual fighting is done by us for non-government related reasons. Sure, they end up as a republic, but they're not the ones to depose the archbishop, they just decided not to adopt a new one.

Not all of the Ala Mhigan refugee plots are aimed at the Garleans, the 2.2-2.3 one is set up by Tedeleji Adeleji and it's squarely against Uldah itself.