Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT POST!

As I started doing the 'goodbye Norvrandt!' quests, I realized something that made it all the more poignant.

This is the first time the Scions of the Seventh Dawn have saved the day - and then had to leave forever. Every other place they've saved, they can go back to any time they want.

Eorzea? More powerful than ever, now that they've gotten rid of the Garleans and helped gain a buffer country as an ally.
Ishgard? Still there, doing better than ever and no longer telling everyone wandering in to gently caress off.
Doma? They've got a Great Wall that literally can't be permeated, and they've rebuilt their country and economy.
Ala Mhigo? Doing just fine, still fighting the Garleans but with the full support of the entire continent of Eorzea, they're doing great.

But once they leave Norvrandt, saved and restored, they can't ever come back. The Warrior of Light can, but the others are basically pulling a Frodo. And this is the first time in the story that's happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

So I think I figured out a link between the main ShB story and the Nier raids:

"How long we have waited to throw wide the gates."

That specific word choice makes me think of the last person who was going on about throwing wide the gates. I'm thinking that the Scions weren't the only ones who heard his invitation, and that's why the machines showed up on the First, rather than the Source like the last off-world visitors we had.

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

Any more reveals/leaks/plausible rumors about what they're doing with SCH when EW comes out? I mean, their whole niche has always been 'barrier healer', but with what they've said about how that's going to be Sage, I wonder what SCH will bring to the table that Sage doesn't. A friend of mine floated the idea that with AST being basically the 'buffing healer', SCH would transition to a 'debuffing healer' type of role, but he admitted it was just an idle thought of his.

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

Cleretic posted:

That they're parents of twins in a visual media? That always happens.

Art imitates life. I was friends with a couple of sets of twins for most of my public education, and as far as I know their families didn't know each other, but their parents made a point, throughout elementary school, of dressing them like each other. They reacted pretty much exactly like Alphinaud and Alisaie, too - as soon as they hit middle-school age, they started dressing as differently as they could.