Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Just got back into xiv after a bit of a hiatus, finished off Eden stuff and I gotta say I wish Eden had nothing to do with Ascians, but Gaia potentially having Ascian abilities is pretty cool, she can jump between Source/First now! Maybe she could even bring Ryne with enough practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

i cant hold a book if im holding the wrong stone
i drop the book on my foot and break it

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

You can be tempered and lucid, like Emet was. Relatively. He straight-up says "yeah I'm tempered", doesn't he? Unless we get to ME3 levels of indoctrination retconning, I think we're tempered and lucid, too.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

just really want the /slavsquat

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Personally I forsee any kind of emote starting with the player model turning 180 degrees to do a dismissive air-hand-shake, rather than it being directly tied to 'if (playerWalk)', etc.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

People get horny over Zenos, possibly the most armored-up lad I've seen. He's almost like Smaugh from Dark Souls.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

I’d loving love if Rowena turned out to be an Ascian. It would be hilarious

WrightOfWay posted:

The creator of the greatest calamity of all: capitalism.

Rowena comes to the first and changes her name and appearance slightly. We're through the looking glass here people...

Jetrauben posted:

I would actually, unironically like this. Some of the Ascians just going "yeah, gently caress this" and becoming backseat allies to the Scions.

this is my hope for Gaia, popping in and out of the First, maybe with Ryne in tow.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alphinaud what the gently caress was that?!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

:it is a suicide by cop analogy:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

what if hydaelyn was evil, but she tells you that she only pretended to be evil so your friends wouldn't feel bad killing her because like all primals, her being alive sucks the aether out or something.

pack it, ship it, goty2021

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

inherit the future, forfeit the past
*wedgie*

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Itzena posted:

It's going to be Hydaelyn's "blood" and we're going to be give an amulet and told to run around and heal her wounds.

Do we ever get called Champions?

also end of 5.55 stuff Why does everyone decide to look at the moon all of a sudden

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

be nice he's just a baby boy

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I'd much prefer it being "I'm kicking you out to give you free reign to do whatever/to protect you"

e: however

FAUXTON posted:

dad ascian so what

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Oh God, Alphi as a smart himbo?

He's smart but not street smart.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

force ghost Emet is enough for me

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

If ES is alive why hasn't he jumped back into one of his many Garlean clones yet?

Checkmate Zodiark.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

Two other things to speculate about : Who do you think the Dreamer in the Garlemald Tower that Zenos mentions at the end of 5.55 is, and will the devs give Zenos a Reaper familiar or will he be too cool for that

Anima will be his familiar.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Moen's cool because she's a large lady roe.
that is all.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I can't believe crypto mining caused the Flood

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

kefka got roided

e: game is up and oh man that title screen is that good poo poo

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 3, 2021

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I've only had Matsya for a day and a half but if anything happened to him I would kill everyone in this village and then myself.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

was 100% expecting VAUTHRY: TWO at r@h

e: oh shoot friend

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

toads were very funny

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

always knew alphinaud was a master debater

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

really like the boys club thancred urianger and estinien.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

hey quick question after dungeon two, the "man's limb" in the Tower of Zot is supposed to be Varis' limb, right? or is it just any old limb and varis is just in Babil?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

every tower has a part of Varis' dismembered body at its core acting as a focus for Anima's power, which is why defeating Anima caused all of the towers to dissipate simultaneously.

how many towers were there? I feel like there were more than, what, five or six towers? depending on how you cut it.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

trial 1, gotta say I was a little underwhelmed. dungeon 2 final boss was more hype imo.

e: what the gently caress was that

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Dec 6, 2021

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

cute bird girl I wonder what she's about- oh. oh dear.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Post zone 5, not a huge fan of the 11th hour villain reveal. dungeon with ES, hythlo and venat was cool though.

idk if it's because it's late or what but I'm also not really following what happened with venat. she rejected the amarautians wanting to return to the gif times and was like "life sucks deal with it"?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Post trial 2

:getin:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

zone 6: sad dragon

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Holy loving poo poo (post zone 6 trial I forgot how many trials there have been) ZENOS JOINED YOUR PARTY WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT

that ruled that ruled that ruled

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Mazed posted:

they should have had voiced lines for the Shinryu fight in Stormblood because Zenos pitched deep and distorted like that was glorious.

"who the gently caress is that? why aren't they dead yet?"

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Harrow posted:

Yeah, that's one thing where WoW's phasing tech would've been really useful.

I thought about that, but the issue there is that the player can still always leave the final zone and go back right up until they start the final trial. They'd either need to still change those zones in some way, or just have the weird dissonance that they're all hosed up in cutscenes but normal when you go there. Though I guess being able to leave the final zone in the first place is already pretty dissonant.

I queued up for trial 1 and it didn't pop immediately so it was like "hey I'm just going to pop down to limsa lominsa for a second you stay put alright ZODIARK"

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

can you go back and redo the zenos fight etc via the story book? I couldn't get enough screenshots on ps5 which now that I think about it I should have just used the keyboard I bought for it.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Vitamean posted:

A test of your reflexes!

hey that's not fair I have bad ping- AAA!!!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Vitamean posted:

I have you!

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/doctagon_/status/1469440962099224578