Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Scaramouche, scaramouche, we are killing Fandaniel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's loving me up that I correctly called "The Azim Steppe has something to do with the ancient!WoL" but completely missed how similar Azim/Azeyma sound. I'd initially thought that the Dotharl looked like a society that once worshipped the WoL, though if you swap blue for purple they sound a fair bit like ascians after a millennia long game of telephone.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm so glad we got to save our collective husband

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Somebody is trying to write out the lyrics for the boss theme, To The Edge.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder, does having Y'shtola in the party let Thancred use cartridge abilities? I assume that's how it'll work when we start doing dungeons in the Source.

edit: VVVVV yeah, I'm just curious if it's functional in trusts. I'll have to test it out later

Eox fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 14, 2020

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have moved past the "Elidibus kid" reading and am charging full bore into "Elidibus is Obama" territory, it's very satisfying

Crossposting it because it's a golden post

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The 5.3 villain weaponized hope and turned the people's earnest desire to do good, particularly the youth, into a twisted power base to feed dying impulses of decrepit old men who doomed the world

...just like Obama

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
While we fight Zenos, Feo Ul will beat Fandaniel to death

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Until she heal-turns and starts munching on souls to stay alive, we're on the same team.

It turned out alright in the end, but isn't this essentially what she did with Minfilia?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If memory serves, Hydaelyn retreated to the Aetherial Sea specifically to avoid draining aether from the planet like all the other primals. I don't know if Zodiark has a similar deal up in the moon or not.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1325822505429454848?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSmktYEo2gw

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Really liking Fandaniel's VA leaning fully into every S

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Glam Daniel

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So who do y'all think is being ripped back from the dead in the Weapon fight this time? I'm guessing it's a mishmash of Gaius' Tribuni based on a) Castrum Marinum and b) It's got three pairs of hands

edit: this means primals cover of Steel Reason

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Badger of Basra posted:

We didn’t get one last time so I’m afraid we won’t this time either. People said it was a bug they ironed out so that’s why it didn’t happen and to that I say: it sucks!

We did get some narration from Regula, he just didn't hatch like Nael did

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Minfilia wasn't anyone special except for having the Echo AFAIK. She ended up becoming The Voice because she happened to fall into the Lifestream at the right time and place.

Hydaelyn specifically called her for it, though that might be because we were the only other Echo-haver near the Flow spell and we're a lot more useful with a weapon in our hands.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

I feel like we should have a Livia Oversoul simply because of how incredibly uncomfortable it would be for Gaius.

And the rest of us.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
As well as Livia and Lucia, uncomfortably enough.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Every aspect of that subplot is a nightmare.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Big Emerald Weapon spoiler:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The P2 theme is called The Black Wolf Stalks Again and it loving rips

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Rushing the Void Quests is an unexpected but canny play

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
There is also indeed one in Yanxia

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Really digging that the central thesis of the Weapon project is trying to kill us by filling technology we've already wrecked with people we've already killed. The finest minds in the empire.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"You can't beat the empire's finest!" *overwrites self with guy i kill while watching netflix*

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
There hasn't even been a straight on-screen kiss so they have a reasonable excuse to dance around it

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Given the few of Allie's thoughts we caught, I have a feeling Alphonse is the one that'll survive. I also don't think the Diamond Weapon will ultimately have Zenos in it due to Zenos fatigue, but that one can go either way.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Who doesn't want to gently caress the Ragnarok?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It makes sense. Solus was unsundered, diamond is unbreakable.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Zenos' Resonance is patterned after Krile's Echo, maybe they really gently caress up the settings trying to make Zenos work and we get a Krile Weapon.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
IIRC the dust fucks you up by forcing you into a pact with God, who wants humanity dead. We're already pactbound to a more reasonable deity so we ought to be fine.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm expecting a sendoff in 5.5 with the festival they'd been talking about.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Tanks can get 2/3rds by carefully positioning the second boss in Puppet's Bunker, at least

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It could be that the dude who is obsessively focused on his memories of the time before he was tempered gets a little more leeway over time, considering memories are a key part of reversing tempering.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
WE TOWER ABOVE THE GODS.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's firmly established that we tower above the gods. You by your gift, I by my might.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Well they did just spend half a patch talking about the Great Ship Limsa Lominsa

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm hoping the next expansion ends up closing the time loop alluded to at the end of the Alexander raids, Mide and whoever still need to get thrown back in time if memory serves. Maybe we let him out of the bubble just long enough to lift us up to the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Emet-selch was still at the helm, he'd probably have a hand in making sure nobody in power hears about things that'd make them turn

edit: both legati that we're supposed to at least grudgingly respect if not like are, as a consequence, dumb as poo poo and easily led