Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol I just realized this was here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/VFKZytn.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/FC0Glp2.mp4

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A commemorative photo with one of my alts

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

assembling the commemorative photos from all seven alts

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Grim Fandaniel

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:sloppy:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fandaniel: Cerberus Mk II

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's baffling at this point how long this grudge about a fictional character has lasted, all stemming from the fact that she found his mannerisms offputting from the start.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cleretic posted:

No, that post was called 'a joke'. You know, like one might make in response to the post that was being quoted.

I can wish an event didn't happen and make jokes about it without actively denying the event's existence.

I mean, you probably should've read the room before making it. You keep bringing it up and leaning into the schtick and frankly it's exhausting.

After the initial typical internet argument stuff died down, nobody would care or pay any mind to your antipathy towards this one character if you didn't turn it into a thing and make it about you and your grudge on a semi-regular basis.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ignore lists are for cowards.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/asciangrandpa/status/1302111335744966657

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm going to assume their parents made them do it as a condition for going to Eorzea in the first place. Just make the experience as unpleasant as possible for them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

holy poo poo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I dunno, those are all general canned animations they use all the time aren't they?

Not custom like the Emet-Selch wave

more posts from that twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/aamaurot/status/1304776320895922177?s=20
https://twitter.com/aamaurot/status/1304848906589798400?s=20

It's a fun theory and I'm here for it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yotsuyu was evil, and sad, and in the end somewhat sympathetic. Though everyone, including her (especially her), knew that she deserved to die for what she did, trauma or no. Her brief experiences as Tsuyu just hammered that point home for herself. It's hard not to realize what an utter monster you've been when you're burdened with the knowledge that when you were at your most helpless, your enemies still showed you mercy, and during that time you appreciated and cared for them in turn. For her entire adult life she'd been lashing out, armed with resources given to her by a bored sociopath who wanted to cultivate her trauma and suffering into finely honed atrocity. It was at the end she realized she was lashing out at the wrong people and by that point it was far too late.

I appreciate that she decided to go out in the most extra way possible, giving the godslayer a fabulous primal fight while also taking her little shithead brother with her.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When I was playing through the Yotsuyu arc I didn't particularly enjoy it, my sympathy for her was nearly nonexistent and I was uncomfortable seeing her diminished and incapable of providing the catharsis I'd wanted from seeing her struck down. But the ending of her arc affected me more than I'd expected it to. And I've since had time to think on it and reassess how I felt about how that story played out, and how I felt about Yotsuyu's story.

I still feel she deserved to die, but I accept that she got to choose how to end it and appreciate that she chose well. I do think she should never have had to suffer how she did and that the creation of the Witch of Doma was a tragedy that should never have happened.

Her small redemption at the end was not going to save her life, nor was it enough to. But I think it was a small step on the long journey towards saving her soul and healing Doma's.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Onmi posted:

Gaius has to live to see everything he loved and cared about be destroyed before his eyes. He'll get to live, he'll get to live to watch the children he cared about die, his country be shattered beyond recognition, everything that was 'Garlemald' that he fought with honor for, to be destroyed. He already had his sense of accomplishment shattered by Lahabrea, and really... is there any greater embarrassment, than having it be Lahabrea who manipulated you?

Such devastation...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is not the outcome I had expected for that plot thread, but I am glad to have it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I hope we get to fight in in 6.x.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/mintsui/status/1321229571656716289?s=20

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/regretorb/status/1215749167508705281?s=20

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

the biggest disappointment in eden is that ryne never busted out the gunblade

If you mean in a combat situation, sure, but she very much did in a cutscene.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

The Eden reveal is basically perfect because nobody saw it coming even though it was completely logical given what we know.

Sin eaters used to be people; Eden was the first sin eater to appear during the Flood of Light; the Flood of Light started when Ardbert killed Mitron and Loghrif; therefore Eden used to be either Mitron or Loghrif. It even explains why Eden is so big.

Yeah I was genuinely impressed with the reveal precisely because it made so much sense despite seemingly nobody managing to call it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Another expansion ends in us getting help from Bismarck.

:pusheen:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

But what would cloning dinosaurs help?

Listen, there's a reason why the first thing everybody does in FFT is grab JP Up.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Today, someone learns about institutional inertia.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I am also willing to chalk this up to gaius being, just, a huge idiot.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I would not be surprised if the specific intent of that scene was for you to think it was azem’s spirit/hythlodaeus for a second or two until the snap and wave hits you.

That's exactly what happened to me too

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Well, nothing except prove you could bring an end to him.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SPROUT used Struggle!

It's not very effective...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Angels taught Black Mages how to say gently caress and now they won't stop doing it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Emet-Selch's plan worked in that he really wanted to die and pulled that one off flawlessly

It was undoubtedly his greatest accomplishment.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yup there was a civil war when Emet's mortal body bit it that one time.

There was a bigger one after Varis also bit it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I just want to say, I genuinely love that there's finally a final fantasy villain compelling enough as a character that years later people are still mulling over his motivations and the multitude of tragedies inflicted by, and upon, him.

Charismatic enough to be memorable, tragic enough to worth remembering, and monstrous enough that blowing a hole through his torso with a laser axe feels really loving hype.

Badger of Basra posted:

maybe I'm wrong but I got a sense from Emet that he was trying more to convince himself that the "lesser races" really were lesser because if he stopped believing that for one second he would realize he killed billions (trillions?) of People

I feel like this is finally why he can stand up straight for the first time in millennia. He's finally being honest with himself. Not that the WoL really gave him much room not to.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the_steve posted:

Now all I'm picturing is Nyancat, except it's Middy

No wonder omega was so hellbent on blowing him up, imagine someone broadcasting that song into space over the course of a thousand lightyear roadtrip.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gearhead posted:

So I'm sitting here putting string between pushpins on Endwalker, because I have little better to do until all hell breaks loose next week.

Does anyone else get the distinct feeling that the Heart of Sabik, or objects like it, are more important to the plot than we might have initially been led to believe?

I mean they'd been sitting on an accurate description of the Fall of Amaurot and the End of Days in a paragraph blurb describing the prehistory of the world in one of the lorebooks for years. I mean I'd be surprised to see the Heart of Sabik come into play but I wouldn't put it past them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Frankly I think the kids have suffered enough, gently caress Gaius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm honestly pretty uncomfortable with the dehumanizing tone this thread has taken with regards to the Werlyt kids, treating them like objects to be smashed in front Gaius to make him feel bad and not people in their own right.

People who might not deserve the fate of being tortured and murdered just so you get the satisfaction of making a fascist feel bad.