Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I'll take one comedy please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I suspect that Golbez will just end up being a gate boss and the *real* boss will appear partway through.

yeah something like that, it smells too much like a red herring

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Keep in mind (FF4) Golbez turns out to be a good guy who is just mind controlled by Zemus, who just wants to claim the world for his race of ancients. So I wouldn't be surprised if the leftover Zodiark piece (or the souls that make up the piece) is playing that role in this story. And then Zemus turns into hatred incarnate (I guess?) and becomes Zeromus (and I'm guessing Zero is probably gonna be involved in that process, one way or another).

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I really don't think she dies

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

My really spicy hot take that would heavily set up the next expansion: the events of this rejoin the 13th to the source and kicks off the 8th umbral calamity

Theory on this as a good spot to launch a new story, as well as create a natural on-ramp for new players.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

My other story idea (not for 7.0 but maybe 8.0) is the first but 30 years in the future, with the empty blossoming and those two settled down in a nice cottage with some cats or something

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

The WoL / Azem has hella amnesia as they have several lifetimes of memories that they don't have in their current incarnation... that would be another cool story point / idea for an expansion as well to try to reclaim them / unlock the memories left over in Azem's crystal.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

If they remembered their past life as Tenzen then maybe the WoL could hook up with thirsty bird

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

WoW Cataclysm was kind of that

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

We have Xemnas and Org XIII at home

Look Emet was just going through a phase ok

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

God I hope Zenos doesn't somehow come back, it would be a big shark (dragon?) jumping moment

(Him sorta coming back only so Zero can work through some poo poo would be acceptable though)

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I think the Fusoya stand in is the watcher on the moon... I can see Erichthonios though taking Lahabrea's seat (and role in being Thordan's sword food)

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

The whole Tenzen thing is weird because his spirit came back in the finale of that trial series but how could he come back when his spirit is me

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I hope they come out with like five more types of lalafells

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

HPanda posted:

If it got split into 14 pieces, logically, one of those cuts would have been circumcision-adjacent, at least.

So maybe Golbez is evil because the zodiark piece he absorbed was a dick

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Wonder how many ponze of crystal Venat was sitting on, and how much that would go for on the marketboard

Azem, we need to cook

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Looking at human Golbez I'm convinced he is a reflection of Zenos

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

If you die on the Thirteenth you don't die in real life

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know -- similar poise, and it would make a bit of thematic sense for Zero to have to fight a reflection of Zenos given her history with him.

I think it wouldn't be a good twist in the story but I can see it happening

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

New Honkers

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

You know, this is like the 3rd tearful goodbye we've gotten with Elidibus but I still resonated with that scene. I don't know why but I really like his character.

And ugh, I kind of hate these out of game "clarifications". I'm headcannoning Venat as getting reincarnated as a lala who likes long walks with her dogs and nobody is gonna stop me

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I don't really get The Problem With Y'shtola that the fandom is increasingly hammering on, she's a cat who is maturing along the lines of her mentor and is the wise and worldly scion of the group, trading off with Urianger or even Thancred depending on what the subject is. She doesn't really need a great dramatic character arc like the rest of the scions for her to work, but she would probably benefit from a little more time in the sunlight (which they seem to be going with).

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

IIRC Thancred 5 years older mentally, Y'shtola and Urianger 3 years, and the twins 1 year.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I think the idea is that Fourchenault loves his kids but he was in a situation where his duty came first and we could possibly meddle and break their preparations to flee the star. Preparations that would also save his children if worst came to worst. It wasn't after we had proven that we could help the Sharlayans with the ship that he realized how bad a mistake he made.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Gearhead posted:

His master plan was basically grabbing both his kids by the napes of their necks and throwing them into the Ragnarok without explaining anything to them while the world burned down.

He just completely misjudged how much BOTH of them had grown in the time since he'd last seen them.

To be fair last time he saw them he was dealing with the 2.0 twins so it probably wasn't the worst idea

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Elidibus's English VA fit well in 5.2 / 5.3 but its off for the twink kid he is in the raid series

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

On the topic of English VAs, anyone else think Athena's Ultima cast has a really weird line delivery at the end?

I love it, its peak mom trying to be cool energy which fits

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Actually The Burn was really aetherical blowback after y'shtola dropped The Burn

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Cleretic posted:

It might be worth remembering that Ardbert described the First as being light-aligned back in 3.x, but that's also pretty firmly post-Ascian-fuckery.

IIRC the First was naturally light aligned because it sat next door to the Thirteenth which likely siphoned off its residual darkness

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

the_steve posted:

I don't think any shard is aligned with any element by default, it's just that the Ascians nudged each of them towards a certain element for the rejoinings, and that was probably the work of centuries, if not millennia.

Well that too but I swore I saw a throwaway line which said that

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

So guessing the dungeon is the moon on the first, the moon on the source, and then the moon on the thirteenth, setting up a path to transfer the remaining light on the first to zap zeromus with.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Hogama posted:

Doesn't mean much but it is kind of funny how they hid Alphy.

I mean wouldn't you

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

The only bad bit of Shadowbringers is Ran'jit kind of being a nothing character and the Eulmore crowd getting off way too light

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

They fixed that issue pretty well in WoW by Wrath but I'm guessing its another one of those lovely engine PSX limitation things

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Pretty sure that ships and interstellar beings in the FFXIV verse are powered by the mysterious force only known as plot

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah she is a bit of a cliche (badass emotionally cold girl that opens up over time) but she is a cliche done well and that's all that matters to me

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

From the Dead Ends the implication was that the first two worlds were pushed over the breaking point by merely her arriving while in the last one its heavily implied that she became their god (or was inspired by the god they created) to wipe out the rest of creation. Or at least that is my interpretation.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

The Ancients would have had to fight by proxy, by creating familiars with hybrid aether-dynamis souls and extreme combat capability. Super soldiers, if you will.

God-Emperor Azem and their 20 clone-daughter catgirls

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

And then the rest of the ancients followed him by attempting to sacrifice the creations in their care to bring back their perfect world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Squeenix just leaked a pic of Hermes future adventures in the lifestream