Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

you have to get down to his level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

we probably could've splattered nabriales and igeyorhm across the wall without those extra tools if hydaelyn wasn't in low power mode.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

drat daniel will be dead by level 85.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I mean, assuming Zenos doesn’t murk him by 5.5

still counts

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Thinkin about Zenos in the main thread,

was it ever explained how he body hopped after 4.0? We dig up his grave to find his body missing but I don't remember if it came up aside from crazy Resonant bullshit.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I like imagining that the devs realized they'd made varis but never given you a chance to fight him before he gets offed, which lead to pretending you fight him in cid's dreams.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

after the first set of Omega raids I was super hoping we'd see an FFIV set with Zeromus somewhere in there

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Ishgard in particular makes me wonder how much dragons have affected the Ascian's plans for the source over time. They're extraterrestrials that came about after the Sundering, and between compelling Tiamat to summon Bahamut and giving Thordan VII the tools to end his foreverwar their existence has been used by the Ascians to further their goals. But I wonder how their power compares to Ascians in general (especially Midgardsormr's brood - Nidhogg's eye absorbs Lahabrea (?) like the white auracite did to Nabriales but was able to keep him there until every last drop was used to summon Shinryu), or if they were even aware that Omega was doing Omega things during 4.x.

If 6.0 is suppose to be the last story on Hydaelyn I wanna go to the dragon homeworld and see what the gently caress's going on over there.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm glad for them and all, but aren't the Ascians still active in the alternate timeline?

I guess a new WoL will stand up when that time comes.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

it'd be sick as hell if after we died gaius ended up icing the remaining ascians, including his country's founder, before getting owned by his own death gas

correction: it would not, in fact, be "sick as hell"

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Farg posted:

the ironworks figured out time travel using technology reverse engineered from a space alien, and the immortal interdimensional wizards were blindsided by that plus the giant tower built by a society that reverse engineered space alien tech.

huh.

alejandro isn't a space alien. space travel is alien tech.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

hraesvelgr vrtra and azdaja show up to have a big party

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the cubus give way to cubus flesh, which directly translates to free yellow scrips. they're like corn, or maybe beef

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I have pretty fond memories of no lifing heavensward enough that, despite thinking I was taking my time, by the time I got to Forelands there were very few people around and by the time I got to churning mists I basically had the whole zone to myself almost all the way up to nidhogg. Couldn't get the same experience in Stormblood for obvious reasons, but doing Shadowbringers in two days brought it back.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I recently got to kugane on my alt and you can get the same experience today just walking in there in, like, local server morning/dead of night

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they'll both pilot diamond for that sick double kill

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hey quick question - what's the policy on new patch spoilers? Are we free to post from the patch is live or should we give it a day?

Just wanna know what the expectation is since I tend to blast through story stuff really fast.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

I said it before and I said it again, everyone who cares at all about lore should at least do the raid, trial, and alliance series of each expansion because that's where the next MSQ thing always comes from

I thought it was interesting how they just nonchalantly dropped a new side story subcategory in the preliminary patch notes. Subcategories currently there include relic weapon lines, Hilidbrand, tribe capstones, and reconstruction lines. Interested to see if void quests go anywhere in the future.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I fell into a nice familiar groove with the MSQ dealing with painfully Eorzean topics, and it felt like a return to the more grounded escapades of 2.X, so much that I completely forgot half the poo poo that was in the trailer until the last quest slammed them all into me one after another

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

that depends

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

wait, which drowned weren't down with snake dad? madison?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if there isn't some level squish fuckery then two expansions from now you'll have new jobs that start at a level where you can just do all the 5.0 role quests for that job at once

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

feeling really bad after doing delubrum reginae going into bozja and seeing the queensguard rangers before they got mashed together like they were toa kaita

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Valleyant posted:

It's uh, mildly disconcerting. Did the monocerus lady get got? She's probably my favorite of the resistance folks, saw they were gonna hurt her best bud horse and got the gently caress out of garlemond.

I don't believe so. The Trinity bosses are pretty obvious, and the four knights are four others who are briefly touched on in the codex entry for the fight.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

there's a big ol' scroll bar so I'm not gonna post it all but the queen's guard record is like four entries in one

Mladen the Vanished - Queen's Soldier (found it interesting that I thought this was a samurai but Mladen was trained as a ninja)
Adis the Spirited - Queen's Knight
Tugeim the Swiftram - Queen's Warrior
Ratimir the Pale - Queen's Gunner

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

you think I know how to read

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

mitron didn't seem to give a poo poo about anything except reuniting with loghrif

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

god, I'd almost forgotten that the 24 man will be an original scenario and not a collab or reference raid. that's badass

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

yeah, I'd expect there'll be at least a few bosses that are callbacks like ozma, but we haven't seen an original scenario since void ark

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I wonder if the world being set on fire would compel Tiamat to free herself.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the name of that truck? omega.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if they're not doing a patch story continuation and just ending the arc at 6.0 we could get all four raids from 6.2-6.5.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

how many centuries do I have to wait before it'll talk back to me though

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

technically thordan has a post-kotr phase in normal

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

best stick with the original

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I think they changed it because prior to 5.5 Arenvald was standing around the Ala Mhigan Quarter at all times, but now since he can be MIA depending on your MSQ progress they've changed how the quest step is triggered.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

thought it was a little weird how she freely walks off from the infirmary in ul'dah. guessing her handlers think that hot hot choker is all they need to keep her in check.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I was thinking of this

quote:

She tapped the gem-inlaid choker below her chin with two fingers. You can trust in words or you can trust in magick. If the Resistance thaumaturge tasked with keeping an eye on Fordola was so inclined, he could trigger the enchantment woven into the neckpiece, causing it to gradually grow warmer and tighter, slowly searing her skin as it choked the life from her. Rather you than me. A proper hanging’d snap your neck, at least.

where's that guy

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

Presumably somebody informed him that Fordola is perfectly capable of surviving the death of her physical body.

is she though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/AnonyMooseXIV/status/1357879457659428865?s=20